Is it possible that the aluminum ear cup becomes electrostatically charged? I thought it has some kind of isolation layer (for instance, anodizing).
A touch would discharge the ear cup?
When I said about earth, I thought it would be nice to have a route to earth then touching everything to get rid of parasitic charges.
I know the amplifier case, although connected to ground pin, remains isolated. And I know that neutral pin also connects to earth (but this one just by the circuit).
I do not see an escape route for the ear cup.
Someone said once that the diaphragm parasitic charge fades away naturally. It could happen with the ear-cup also.
I wonder how the leather friction the ear cup, listener dressing wool, the dry weather and a room with carpet charges everything (including ear cup). Maybe this is a paltry charge.
I am not a smart guy, but have I said something very wrong?
Anyway, please be patient with me to explain where I am failing.
Edited by jgazal - 5/30/11 at 6:27pm