Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I have Pressure in My Head, Feels like my Head Explode - What is the cause?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have Pressure in My Head, Feels like my Head Explode - What is the cause? - Page 2

post #16 of 42
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolov91 View Post




Have you been cleaning your ears often or at all?  I only kinda rinse them when I take shower but i seem to get wax built up.

 

Could be you are just sticking them in way too far and irritating the hell out of your ear.

 



 


Edited by goodolcheez - 4/18/11 at 1:56pm
post #17 of 42



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolcheez View Post

Hi extremists,

 

For the last several days I have been getting a lot of pressure in my head. Pretty much entire head on pressure and I feel a little lightheaded. Headache is very minor, it is mostly the pressure that is worring me. The only drastic change I have done in my daily life is that for the last 3 months I have been using my set of IEM.  I rarely use any head/earphones other than this.

 

I have also been watching a lot of videos on my iPad 2 lately. This is my first pad device ever.  And I use my Etymotic HF-5 IEM with it everytime.

 

For more info, I am short-sighted, and have a pair of glasses that I am supposed to use at all times. But for viewing videos from portable devices I didn't think I would need to keep my glasses on, however there still has been a lot of strain on my eyes.

 

I am not sure what the cause is to my problem. Does / has anyone having / had this problem?  What was your experience?  What did you do to resolve?

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

 


Hey, stop using any IEMs! Stop using them now.

 

Go see a doctor. Make an appointment now.

 


 

 

post #18 of 42


Look, I am not a doctor or even close but I know a thing or two about pharmacology and biochem.

 

It is good that pain in your left arm has gone away, but I do not see what sugar would have had to do with it (unless you are diabetic). Coffee yes. Coffee can cause high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats and increased heart rate... people have different sensitivities to it. If I drink 2 cups of coffee generally I fall asleep, but I do notice a rapid heart rate (caffeine binds to the heart and antagonizes receptors in the brain, thats why it works). Pressure is scary as you can't just measure it like you can your pulse,  you need a machine now, and a doctor ASAP.

 

Just because you do not have pain in your left arm does not mean you are not hypertensive so you should be monitored. I am not trying to scare you, this is the truth. You should go see a doctor if you have reason to believe you have hypertension period. Hypertension kills. Be it heart attack, stroke, aneurysm and not to mention reduced quality of life.

 

You have been recently consuming junk food with lots of sugar, and now have a headache so to me that says: Possible diabetes, possible hypertension, or both.

 

Blood pressure tests at the pharmacy are FREE. Go take one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension. If your pressure is high enough it might warrant going to the ER.

 

Have you notice blurry vision when it is generally okay? Have you noticed you feel faint/weak easily, especially when rapidly changing positions? Do you smoke, or consume any form of nicotine be it chewing tobacco gum or otherwise?

 

You might not like doctors,but I am sure you don't like the idea of being 6 feet under. Sure, any one of us might be over-reacting but when you have access to services than can provide insight and potentially save your life you should take advantage of them.

 

 

Finally, here is an incentive to get this checked out. If it is hypertension, blood flow to the ear is reduced, which can cause irreparable hearing damage, as well as tinnitus.


Edited by sokolov91 - 4/18/11 at 1:25pm
post #19 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolov91 View Post

 

Ear and sinus go hand in hand. If you have a nasal spray you can try using that. block left nostril, bend forward, turn your head 90 degree to the right so your left ear is parallel to the ground. Snort some of the saline solution and stay like that for a bit. Blow your nose and repeat on the other side. Might be air trapped in your sinuses or a pressure imbalance in the middle ear. Saline COULD take care of it if that is what is happening.

 


sokolov91, I will give this try when I get home. Thanks.

 

1000947_969100_A_400.jpg
 

 

post #20 of 42

OP what is in the way of your going to a doctor? Even if saline relieved the symptoms, (big if), you still are better off knowing what the underlying issues are. Don't trust your health to a bunch of (well-meaning) folks on the internets.

 

post #21 of 42
Thread Starter 

It's worth a try (saline nasal spray) before going to the doctor. I don't have medical coverage as of right now, oops.

 

I will check blood pressure at the pharmacy.

 

Thanks,

post #22 of 42

Ok, sorry to hear that. I hope you can get it checked out without it costing a mint.

 

post #23 of 42

I observe this thread right now and honestly, beside the fact that there are people who want to give advices, can you tell me the value of your health??

post #24 of 42
Thread Starter 
Ok, I stopped at the CVS pharmacy on the way home to check my blood pressure.  The result is:
 
  • Systolic pressure - 118
  • Diastolic pressure - 79
  • Heart Beats - 92
 
Is this good or bad?
 
I stopped off at the store to pick up Saline nasal spray, 4.25oz version and tried it at home as what sokolov91 has suggested.  10 minutes passed and I think I feel a little better but I think I need to give a little more time to see the effect?
 
I talked with my mother on the phone and she said she used to have that exact same problem for months. It's the sinus she said.  I hope that is with my case. I don't want life threatening.
 
Sorry if my thread discussion is unrelated with IEM's but I felt the need to post it since I started using these IEM's. Never used it before.
 
 
Thanks sokolov91!
 
 
 
.

Edited by goodolcheez - 4/18/11 at 4:26pm
post #25 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolcheez View Post

It's worth a try (saline nasal spray) before going to the doctor. I don't have medical coverage as of right now, oops.

 

I will check blood pressure at the pharmacy.

 

Thanks,


Sorry to hear that... hopefully you can find an affordable way to get this seen to.

 

Since you are going to the pharmacy, you might as well talk to the pharmacist if you do not have access to a doctor. They might suggest  vitamin B3 supplements or have some sort of information to help you out. At least stuff like that generally won't hurt if it doesn't help, whereas you could run into serious trouble with alcohol, N20 and anandamides.

 

Really though, unless the person has MD in front of their name, they are of limited help.

 

best of luck.

 

post #26 of 42


118/79 is excellent especially if you are middle aged... it's normal pressure. Resting rate of 92 is a bit high but everyone is different.

 

You can try having hot showers too, the steam will help. If it is the sinuses, it could be an infection, but you can generally tell by the colour of the mucous.

 

Cut out the junk and try having some fruits and veggies with something like fish or chicken. 

 

I do hope this is all it is, but again if you have doubts, other symptoms, or this keeps up, you really owe it to yourself to get it seen to.

 

Decongestants might help (cold and sinus medication), but like I said if there is an underlying condition it is not advisable if they have stimulants. Your blood pressure seems to be fine but as a rule you want to stay away from those crappy heart-only stims. If you want to try one make sure the only active ingredients are DXM HBr and Guaifenesin. If a stim is over-the-counter, you don't want it in your body.

 

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolcheez View Post

Ok, I stopped at the CVS pharmacy on the way home to check my blood pressure.  The result is:
 
  • Systolic pressure - 118
  • Diastolic pressure - 79
  • Heart Beats - 92
 
Is this good or bad?
 
I stopped off at the store to pick up Saline nasal spray, 4.25oz version and tried it at home as what sokolov91 has suggested.  10 minutes passed and I think I feel a little better but I think I need to give a little more time to see the effect?
 
I talked with my mother on the phone and she said she used to have that exact same problem for months. It's the sinus she said.  I hope that is with my case. I don't want life threatening.
 
Sorry if my thread discussion is unrelated with IEM's but I felt the need to post it since I started using these IEM's. Never used it before.
 
 
Thanks sokolov91!
 
 
 
.


 

post #27 of 42
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolov91 View Post


118/79 is excellent especially if you are middle aged... it's normal pressure. Resting rate of 92 is a bit high but everyone is different.

 

You can try having hot showers too, the steam will help. If it is the sinuses, it could be an infection, but you can generally tell by the colour of the mucous.

 

Cut out the junk and try having some fruits and veggies with something like fish or chicken. 

 

I do hope this is all it is, but again if you have doubts, other symptoms, or this keeps up, you really owe it to yourself to get it seen to.

 

Decongestants might help (cold and sinus medication), but like I said if there is an underlying condition it is not advisable if they have stimulants. Your blood pressure seems to be fine but as a rule you want to stay away from those crappy heart-only stims. If you want to try one make sure the only active ingredients are DXM HBr and Guaifenesin. If a stim is over-the-counter, you don't want it in your body.

 

cheers



 


My mucus seemed yellowish, definitely not white or clear. Damn this Saline nasal spray works! :D  My head is already clearing up, pressure dropping. I keep getting this drain from my head. I guess it's the stuff that clogged up my head inside and it is loosening up. This thing is more effective than some sinus medicines in tablets I had ever taken before.

 

Glad to hear my blood pressure is good, yay! :) p.s. I'm 34. I think my heart beat fast at the time cause I had coffee after late lunch he he.

 

Thanks for the tips on the medicine and what to look for. *Me taking notes*.

 

 

If it goes all well I guess I'll start using my beloved IEM's.. they sound so good!

 


Edited by goodolcheez - 4/18/11 at 5:40pm
post #28 of 42

It's probably atrial fibrillation, meaning your heart shakes around. It's a common cause for a Stroke at old age but usually nothing serious when you're young. You're probably experiencing alcohol withdrawal which messes with your heart and brain for one week. Your heart pumps bad for a second or two then your brain responds to the lack of oxygen, that's why your head feels like exploding, and gives you a sensation of dying for a while until you shake your arms and feet a bit. Nothing to worry about, just avoid heavy drinking.

post #29 of 42

Does the head exploding feeling follow with a sense of electricity in your limbs?
 

post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolcheez View Post


 


My mucus seemed yellowish, definitely not white or clear. Damn this Saline nasal spray works! :D  My head is already clearing up, pressure dropping. I keep getting this drain from my head. I guess it's the stuff that clogged up my head inside and it is loosening up. This thing is more effective than some sinus medicines in tablets I had ever taken before.

 

 

 

prob respiratory infection if this has been happening for quite a while (yellowish mucus for more than a week)

keep on using the saline spray- if it persists for more than a week (doesnt go back to clear mucus) see a family doctor to get it checked up and get some antibiotics

 

but you should be good to keep on using your IEM gs1000.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › I have Pressure in My Head, Feels like my Head Explode - What is the cause?