Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 100

post #1486 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post

Oh, thats his video? Nice :)

Subbed biggrin.gif


guess its him... haha o2smile.gif

post #1487 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

I tried the 49720NA in LFP, and they're only warm. never hot.

 

I'm conducting some testing today with my HE-500.

 

Let's see how well it goes.

 

Tim

Man... i don't even recognize it as E1 anymore.... Asus should sued you for destroying their product (or modifying it way above their original specs)... HAHAHA

 

Jokes aside - Kudo for your efforts in modding this, hope it turns out to be a monster that even Asus will need to bow to you for advice.

 

beerchug.gif

post #1488 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidic View Post

Man... i don't even recognize it as E1 anymore.... Asus should sued you for destroying their product (or modifying it way above their original specs)... HAHAHA

 

Jokes aside - Kudo for your efforts in modding this, hope it turns out to be a monster that even Asus will need to bow to you for advice.

 

I have no idea what im doing though.

 

Tim

post #1489 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidic View Post


guess its him... haha o2smile.gif

 

No, its not me...ph34r.gif.

 

I am still waiting for Asus to prove us wrong about the absence of the gain jumper!

post #1490 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

 

No, its not me...ph34r.gif.

 

I am still waiting for Asus to prove us wrong about the absence of the gain jumper!

Did you check the contents in the box? Maybe Asus will ask you solder that gain jumper on your own...which is self-explanatory.

 

Pun intended.

 

popcorn.gif

post #1491 of 3075

We hit page 100 guys.

This is a miracle.

 

Tim

post #1492 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

I tried the 49720NA in LFP, and they're only warm. never hot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm conducting some testing today with my HE-500.

 

Let's see how well it goes.

 

Tim

Nice mod so far, how is the sound at this stage?

 

Looks like the lpf temperature depends on the op-s in the i/v because with the ad797 they get really hot, i could not meause the temp with the infra thermometer because they are so small but feels like they are arund 65-70°C.

post #1493 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Plugged my JH16, and I can hear a faint sound at 0 volume. max I can bare is 8:00.

I am 99% sure that there is no gain switch, Asus come on...angry_face.gif. A jumper, but where? at least provide instructions!

Quote:

"Raja explained how the three Essence One versions differ to reflect the price structure of   and  for the Standard, Plus and Muses respectively. "The difference is in the op-amps. The only other minor change is that we included a gain jumper on the Muses Edition. This alters the output voltage for someone who wants to use IEMs which won't require as much gain as over-the-ear designs. Setting that jumper to the alternate position lowers the gain and thus achieves more range over the volume control. The Plus Edition includes 4 x TI-OPA2132PA and 2 x NS-LM4562NA that can be interchanged with the standard NE-5534. The Muses Edition simply has the version 01 Muses by default as the very best we've found. It thus ships with no other op-amps to swap. If a user wanted swap options out of the box, the Plus Edition would be the one. For obvious reasons the Plus includes a screw driver and two IC clamps plus step-by-step instructions and the op-amp guide of our listening impressions. The Muses op-amps are of limited supply and ..."

 

 

The gain jumpers should be next to the headphone volume pot - to the left of it on the upper side of the PCB to be exact, and there should be two. If your unit does not have them let me know. I have relayed this to HQ already. They are on CNY break but will be back next week. If the jumpers are not present for whatever reason we will swap the unit for you, and if need be issue a recall of any or all affected units. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

post #1494 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSXONAR View Post


The gain jumpers should be next to the headphone volume pot - to the left of it on the upper side of the PCB to be exact, and there should be two. If your unit does not have them let me know. I have relayed this to HQ already. They are on CNY break but will be back next week. If the jumpers are not present for whatever reason we will swap the unit for you, and if need be issue a recall of any or all affected units. Sorry for any inconvenience. 
Wouldn't it be easier if you could show us an illustration? A picture speaks a thousand word, I'm sure you know that...and you let a user that paid a premium to search high and low for it.
post #1495 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSXONAR View Post

 

 

The gain jumpers should be next to the headphone volume pot - to the left of it on the upper side of the PCB to be exact, and there should be two. If your unit does not have them let me know. I have relayed this to HQ already. They are on CNY break but will be back next week. If the jumpers are not present for whatever reason we will swap the unit for you, and if need be issue a recall of any or all affected units. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Thank you, I think its not there, please can you show me where it should be in the below pictures:

 

I will be waiting for someone to pm/email me for a a racall, I am really disappointed!!!!! I spent  1 month looking till I found someone who can ship it, then to resend it and wait for a replacement!!!

I am a proud owner of Asus Transformer T700, P8z77- Deluxe, Asus 3D LCD,O!Play ..I lost count of how many Asus products I have..Nvidia 570GTX..

 

 


Edited by turokrocks - 2/14/13 at 8:40am
post #1496 of 3075

Should be here:

 

 

 

As soon as HQ get back to me I will let you know. 

post #1497 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidic View Post


Wouldn't it be easier if you could show us an illustration? A picture speaks a thousand word, I'm sure you know that...and you let a user that paid a premium to search high and low for it.

+1, that makes me really mad, esp. coming from a well known company like ASUS.

 

I could have gotten myself the normal version and bought the muses myself and could have saved about $250

I am not going to pay a single penny for shipping, as this is Asus mistake.

I will not make  a fuss of it, but I will be cool, hoping Asus will help me as they know I am a faithful customer.....the ball is in their ground.


Edited by turokrocks - 2/14/13 at 8:40am
post #1498 of 3075

Even i have those two resistors on my Essence One non-muses.

 

Tim

post #1499 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSXONAR View Post

Should be here:

 

 

 

As soon as HQ get back to me I will let you know. 

Thank you, I will be waiting and posting your wonderful help in this matter @ Headfi....smile_phones.gif

post #1500 of 3075

So sorry about this. We will put this right for you, hold tight please. I will be here to help anyone with this problem.  The CNY break is not helping me be as quick as I'd like, but am pushing as hard as I can to get this resolved ASAP.


Edited by ASUSXONAR - 2/14/13 at 8:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)