This thread is about asking for suggestions.
I have an Audio-GD DAC19DSP, and would like to buy a full-size dedicated headphone amp, single end, under 400$.
So considering I was very satisified with Audio-GD, I now have two choices: C2.1 and C2SA.
Let me summarize a bit about the differences between these two (just in theroy)
1. Class A PSU design
2. Wima Caps and with 2011 adjustment in the curcuit design
3. ACSS tech (even you are using RCA input, the C2.1 can also apply ACSS tech, because the signal will be converted to ACSS signal after RCA input)
4. Adjustable OPA (to discret ones, say Sun / Moon / Earth). More funny
1. A bit more expensive than C2SA
2. RCA input not good enough --> need to upgrade to discret OPAs infuture which is a cost
1. Very mature diamond-differntiate tech (even cannot be developed any more)
2. Very powerful capability. Excepts KK (need 8W), this amp can drive any other headphones too well (in power perspective). C2SA has 3W output.
3. Fully discrete, fully non-feedback.
4. It is said to be sounded more musical with a lovely living sound stage and atmosphere.
5. Cheaper than C2.1. Also, no need to upgrade OPA which is also a saving.
1. Linear PSU desing. Not a class A desgin
2. Cannot upgrade OPA by himself, less funny
3. No Wima caps.
All of these are in theorytical thinkings, no actual A-B compare.
Would you please give your suggestions here - Whether I should go for C2.1 or C2SA?
Source: Audio-gd DAC19dsp
Headphone: German Maestro GMP450pro (which is monitor sound)