Just got my X1's in - gonna spend a little time with them then either thank or slap MLE. I bought these because of you whether you want that responsibility or not! ;) This was from the Sonic Electronix.com deal btw.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) - Page 1005post #15061 of 308247/10/13 at 3:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15062 of 308247/10/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
The music recording quality is in general much more important than bitrate if you have 256 kbit/s and higher files
Even 128 kbit can sound fairly good if it's not mp3 (aac and ogg is better)post #15063 of 308247/10/13 at 4:39pm
my music is mostly gaming soundtracks. There is plenty of stuff. I refuse to buy ost from games which i own so I extracted what I could in formats what was in games. And that varies from aac, mp3 to ogg and fmod and some other weird stuff.
Other stuff I bought like recenty disasterpeace albums are all 320mp3.
about 1400 carefully selected tracks. Will be hard to reaplace bad quality ones but.. with tim
and You are right about 128. For example - my jack orlando soundtrack is in 128kbps and it sound great
Edited by HiCZoK - 7/10/13 at 4:41pmpost #15064 of 308247/10/13 at 4:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Lemme know what you think.post #15065 of 308247/10/13 at 8:36pm
Mad, I am wondering if you are going to end up trying the K712 since there are some rumors that its different than the Q701 w/memory pads. If it really does have a bass boost over the Annie I would be interested in your impressions.post #15066 of 308247/10/13 at 9:11pmCiG,
I have a feeling people will find minuscule differences between the Annies and K712s, though I have no idea what that difference will be or which people will prefer. I'd prefer the less expensive one, LOL! But since I'm happy with my current AKGs, I got a pair of closed, custom headphones to compliment the AKGs and go where those will not.
Logo plates!!post #15067 of 308247/10/13 at 9:14pmpost #15068 of 308247/10/13 at 9:23pm
The Turtle Beach DSS and Asus Xonar U3 are simply the cheapest price-for-entry devices to get virtual headphone surround, for consoles and PCs respectively. I wish Creative would make a Z-Series update of the Recon3D USB device that worked with basically any input, the existing device is very practical and good yet could be improved with Creative's latest processing and a little improvement of the device itself (refining and streamlining the physical hardware, mostly).
Stay tuned till tomorrow, when I'm not sleep-loopy!post #15069 of 308247/10/13 at 10:36pm
For anyone interested in the Vmoda Boom Mic, I cannot recommend it enough compared to other options. If you are like me, and hate cable clutter, this is ideal compared to the Modmic and various clip on mics. My only complaint is that it has a volume box on the cable which I would have left off. X1+BoomPro = match made in heaven.post #15070 of 308247/11/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Happy Bullets
For anyone interested in the Vmoda Boom Mic, I cannot recommend it enough compared to other options. If you are like me, and hate cable clutter, this is ideal compared to the Modmic and various clip on mics. My only complaint is that it has a volume box on the cable which I would have left off. X1+BoomPro = match made in heaven.
Looks like the perfect match! Other companies with detachable cables definitely need to look into this...there really should be an AKG mini-XLR version. I've already got a ModMic, but for anyone that has the X1 or cans with the TRS cup connector...great addition!post #15071 of 308247/11/13 at 7:57amQuote:
For the AKG Mini XLR cable on my Q701s I simply braided a modmic and the cable together. The result was a shorter cable for gaming with my computer with an "integrated" microphone. The results turned out fairly well. But I have been eyeing this mic as well, especially if I do end up ordering the X1 for home or M100 for traveling use.post #15072 of 308247/11/13 at 10:02ampost #15073 of 308247/11/13 at 11:07ampost #15074 of 308247/11/13 at 1:35pmpost #15075 of 308247/11/13 at 3:04pm
Any suggestions on good buys?
I was always more of a console gamer so I've missed out on pretty much everything :P
Just got Counter Strike: Complete.... tempted to get Skyrim Legendary Edition.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Best Studio Headphones 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 minutes ago
- › The ULTIMATE basshead's iems - Top tier iems that provide the whole... 10 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2