How does the mixamp 5.8 hold up against something like the xonar dx? I have to be honest that the wireless aspect seems nice but it worries me a bit. Does it have any impact on sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4157 of 372932/20/12 at 6:14pm
The mixamp 5.8 and xonar dx have very different applications, so it is hard to compare them to one another. Most obvious is the mixamp will allow you to DH game on consoles in addition to computers, and handle voice chat separately on the pc.
The wireless aspect would only be taken advantage of if you wanted to sit on the other side of the room your computer is and game / listen to music. I can see that being helpful at times, or at times your headphone cord will be long enough anyways. That is all down to you. When I was younger it would have been perfect, but of course having an extra $130 wouldn't have ever happened (my 5.1 receiver I bought when I was 16 was only $90).post #4158 of 372932/20/12 at 6:15pmpost #4159 of 372932/20/12 at 6:52pmpost #4160 of 372932/20/12 at 6:58pmpost #4161 of 372932/20/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
K501's soundstage is MASSIVE! Probably even larger than the AD700, but of course it depends on the recording or game. If you go to Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 you feel like you're right there in real life with all that elevator music surrounding you. The K501's soundstage is actually larger than the K702/Q701 and K601. I always said that the K702's soundstage was like listening to music in an airplane hangar, but the K501 is more like that. Strangely, nothing sounds too distant, which is a surprise.
The K501's soundstage really isn't good for gaming though IMO. It's way too huge. For music I prefer the K501/601 over the K702, but NOT the Q701. However, I don't think I'd take the K400 over the K702, but maybe. K400 is good, but it has some issues.
Based on memory the K400 has more forward mids and more treble than the K501. Slightly less clear and less detailed. The killer for me with the K400 is that it didn't quite have enough bass and you had to use K601 pads to bring out the bass. I think the K400 is slightly more fun with specific music than the K501. A little more aggressive, but fairly balanced, but not like the K501.
The K501 is a great headphone and worth every penny, but it's not really not any better than the Q701. I think the K501 is better than the K601 for music, but it all comes down to preferences. I prefer the smaller soundstage of the K601 for my music.
Fans of Classical music really should do what it takes to grab the K501. It's just that good.
K501 is also one of the most balanced sounding headphones i've ever heard. Q701 is just more clear and detailed and has better treble extension and more bass. Q701 is close to being as balanced sounding as the K501, but not quite. To my ears the K501 was as smooth sounding as the HD-598, but not as warm.post #4162 of 372932/20/12 at 7:02pmpost #4163 of 372932/20/12 at 7:06pm
You need to give people some details as to what you want, need, like, how you intend to use them, etc. or you're not going to get genuinely helpful responses, because we can only work with the info you give us.post #4164 of 372932/20/12 at 7:11pmpost #4165 of 372932/20/12 at 7:20pmpost #4166 of 372932/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #4167 of 372932/20/12 at 7:50pmpost #4168 of 372932/20/12 at 7:57pm
Figures..someone always has to take advantage of people like that.
What's sad is that some millionaire will probably buy it.
I saw that always going on with the ATH-AD2000. It's $400 used, but will always show up there used for up to $1000.
I paid $200 for my K501 last year and it was in very good condition. Don't even remember who I got it from, but someone on here. I bet they still miss it
Since I can't use Ebay it took me a year to score a pair. Didn't try that hard though.
I still want to try the Beyer DT-48e, but i'll probably hate it! That thing still sells for $400 new on B&H! Yikes. Probably built like a tank though.post #4169 of 372932/20/12 at 7:57pmThread StarterWhat is your budget Gladzilla?
For the $200-300 range for all purposes: D2000 (not having heard it, but it has all the bullet points I'd ask for in an all rounder)
Gaming, music, and movies... all rounders.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 5 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 7 minutes ago
- › Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote... 7 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear