How does the mixamp 5.8 hold up against something like the xonar dx? I have to be honest that the wireless aspect seems nice but it worries me a bit. Does it have any impact on sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 278
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4157 of 374222/20/12 at 6:14pm
The mixamp 5.8 and xonar dx have very different applications, so it is hard to compare them to one another. Most obvious is the mixamp will allow you to DH game on consoles in addition to computers, and handle voice chat separately on the pc.
The wireless aspect would only be taken advantage of if you wanted to sit on the other side of the room your computer is and game / listen to music. I can see that being helpful at times, or at times your headphone cord will be long enough anyways. That is all down to you. When I was younger it would have been perfect, but of course having an extra $130 wouldn't have ever happened (my 5.1 receiver I bought when I was 16 was only $90).post #4158 of 374222/20/12 at 6:15pmpost #4159 of 374222/20/12 at 6:52pmpost #4160 of 374222/20/12 at 6:58pmpost #4161 of 374222/20/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
K501's soundstage is MASSIVE! Probably even larger than the AD700, but of course it depends on the recording or game. If you go to Tennpenny Tower in Fallout 3 with the K501 you feel like you're right there in real life with all that elevator music surrounding you. The K501's soundstage is actually larger than the K702/Q701 and K601. I always said that the K702's soundstage was like listening to music in an airplane hangar, but the K501 is more like that. Strangely, nothing sounds too distant, which is a surprise.
The K501's soundstage really isn't good for gaming though IMO. It's way too huge. For music I prefer the K501/601 over the K702, but NOT the Q701. However, I don't think I'd take the K400 over the K702, but maybe. K400 is good, but it has some issues.
Based on memory the K400 has more forward mids and more treble than the K501. Slightly less clear and less detailed. The killer for me with the K400 is that it didn't quite have enough bass and you had to use K601 pads to bring out the bass. I think the K400 is slightly more fun with specific music than the K501. A little more aggressive, but fairly balanced, but not like the K501.
The K501 is a great headphone and worth every penny, but it's not really not any better than the Q701. I think the K501 is better than the K601 for music, but it all comes down to preferences. I prefer the smaller soundstage of the K601 for my music.
Fans of Classical music really should do what it takes to grab the K501. It's just that good.
K501 is also one of the most balanced sounding headphones i've ever heard. Q701 is just more clear and detailed and has better treble extension and more bass. Q701 is close to being as balanced sounding as the K501, but not quite. To my ears the K501 was as smooth sounding as the HD-598, but not as warm.post #4162 of 374222/20/12 at 7:02pmpost #4163 of 374222/20/12 at 7:06pm
You need to give people some details as to what you want, need, like, how you intend to use them, etc. or you're not going to get genuinely helpful responses, because we can only work with the info you give us.post #4164 of 374222/20/12 at 7:11pmpost #4165 of 374222/20/12 at 7:20pmpost #4166 of 374222/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #4167 of 374222/20/12 at 7:50pmpost #4168 of 374222/20/12 at 7:57pm
Figures..someone always has to take advantage of people like that.
What's sad is that some millionaire will probably buy it.
I saw that always going on with the ATH-AD2000. It's $400 used, but will always show up there used for up to $1000.
I paid $200 for my K501 last year and it was in very good condition. Don't even remember who I got it from, but someone on here. I bet they still miss it
Since I can't use Ebay it took me a year to score a pair. Didn't try that hard though.
I still want to try the Beyer DT-48e, but i'll probably hate it! That thing still sells for $400 new on B&H! Yikes. Probably built like a tank though.post #4169 of 374222/20/12 at 7:57pmThread StarterWhat is your budget Gladzilla?
For the $200-300 range for all purposes: D2000 (not having heard it, but it has all the bullet points I'd ask for in an all rounder)
Gaming, music, and movies... all rounders.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 40 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 4 minutes ago
- › iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are... 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear