or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum - Page 1452  

post #21766 of 29490
Hey everyone.
 
I just found this forum through google while searching for headphones. I am hoping that you can help me.
 
I have a Samsung C7000 (UE46C7000) TV, and i would like to purchase a headset for watching movies on it. I have it connected through HDMI to my HTPC (ASRock ION 330-HT), running openelec with XBMC.
 
After my search i ended up that wireless and 5.1 are way too expensive and also there are brands that you need a fortune to buy a basic headset.
 
I ended up finding the following headsets that are close to my budget: 
 
1) Beyerdynamic DTX 710
2) American Audio HP 550
3) Sennheiser HD 205
 
What i want from you guys is to help me understand if i will be able to use them for the purpose i want and if they are compatible or not. I really want to be able to watch a movie and get nice sound but comfort in the ears as well. Also feel free to suggest some good heasets for this purpose.
 
I am willing to go up to a max of €60 ($80).
 
Thanks in advance.
post #21767 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxzcvk View Post

Amazon has the ad900s for $189, do you guys think it's a good buy? What other suggestions do you guys have at this price range? I'm looking for some comfortable headphones for all around home listening playing from a Xonar DG. Cheers


Yes.

 

The HD 558 is also very good.

post #21768 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg17 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


What sound signature do you prefer?

I guess I prefer more neutral sound. I definitely enjoy nice tight bass without sacrificing mids and highs. I also can't stand overly emphasized highs that end up hurting my ears. I'm kinda new to this terminology but something that can capture the sound of an acoustic or classical guitar is ideal if that makes sense.


The Shure SRH 840 probably best matches what you want.  The KRK KNS 8400 is probably too bass light for you.

post #21769 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by batistabus View Post

Hey guys, I need some help. I'm very headphone-illiterate, so please try to dumb down your answers as much as possible. 

 

I'm looking for a nice set of headphones for the holidays with a budget around $200 (max $250). I've tried a bunch of general Google searches, but most people tend to be looking for good bass headphones. That's fine, but most of the reviews say that something else suffers because of the bass. I'm looking for something that's almost equally good all-around, and if anything suffers, it's the bass. Obviously I want good bass, but I don't need the best. I like some electronica, but much prefer if classical and rock were emphasized. I'd like the headphones to be noise-canceling and closed if possible. The style is not important to me. I want them to be decently durable because I'm a college student and I'll be taking them to class (thus, they need to be able to play on my iPod on the go). 

 

This is my current pair 

http://www.target.com/p/sony-studio-series-headphones-white-mdrzx100-whi/-/A-14061285?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C14061285&CPNG=Sony_Holiday&kpid=14061285&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14061285

 

If I could get just a better version of something like that, I'd be happy. Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong category or procedure or something. 

 

Philips Fidelio M1 could IMO match with your needs :  http://www.amazon.com/Philips-M1-28-Fidelio-Headphones/dp/B008OQLLT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354611652&sr=8-1&keywords=Fidelio+M1


Edited by Sorrodje - 12/4/12 at 4:09am
post #21770 of 29490

I have a choice between audio-technica ath-esw9a or Senneiser Amperior, which should I get. I listen to everything but dubstep and rock. I've listened to the esw9a's and like their "warm" sound, but have never listened to the amperiors. Any recomendations would be VERY helpful.

post #21771 of 29490

What Amp/DAC is best for the AKG Q701?

 

- Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1

- Audioengine D1

 

It would be great to get recommendations from AKG 701 Owners. (Looking for DAC with Optical input under 200$)

Thank you.

post #21772 of 29490

OK I want to buy a pair of quality headphones for my new Asus Xonar Essence STX. 

 

I'm a games journalist so having good audio is important to me when judging any sort of game. But I also listen to music as I write so I need headphones that can do both.

 

I'm not as bothered as having a competitive edge as opposed to being completely immersed in my games and music. Having any competitive edge is only a bonus.

 

Currently I'm looking at the AKG Q 701's and the Sennheiser HD650's. Both are the same price here in the UK. Anyone got either of these pairs? 

 

I would also like to know about models below these two, such as the AKG K 701's and the 555's. What exactly am I loosing out on over spending less cash.

 

I've read Mad Envy's guide and it has helped me out a bunch. I should note though that I'm game on my PC and not consoles. 

 

Lastly I think I'm going to pick up the Antlion Modmic as it's quality is superb, but will the magnets damage headphones? Also because of their shortage and the international shipping I will require, can anyone reccomend me a cheap clip on mic I can use until it arrives?

 

Thanks a bunch for this! I need to order the headphones within the next 4 hours to ensure I get them with my new soundcard.

post #21773 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren19 View Post

What Amp/DAC is best for the AKG Q701?

 

- Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1

- Audioengine D1

 

It would be great to get recommendations from AKG 701 Owners. (Looking for DAC with Optical input under 200$)

Thank you.

Try asking here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-review

post #21774 of 29490

So I purchased the he-400's recently and ended up returning them as I found I didn't really like their sound signature, I wanted something more exciting. I loved the sound stage and separation however I want something with more emphasized highs and bass. I don't really care if its either open or closed design, I just need it to sound great out of an e17 and or mp3. I was looking at the V-moda m100's but I am currently looking at other options, my budget is around $400.


Edited by Spiderman - 12/4/12 at 8:26am
post #21775 of 29490

Denon AH D400 Urban Raver Vs. V-Moda Crossfade LP

 

I've been lookin for headphones for several weeks very intense. I was lookin for headphones with bleutooth, but decided to switch to wired ones, because of an delay and no bass. And i didnt want to buy beats because i heard many bad stuff about it (they only have bass and design)....Since i listen a lot to Hip Hop and Rap but actually like every kind of music i was lookin for allrounders and was reading thousands or reviews and watchin youtube vids...Finally there was always someone who complained about something...My price limit was bout to max. 250 or maybe even 200 so i found these both headphones and did read actually pretty good stuff about them. But now the Denon headphone is pretty new and there arent too much reviews or anything like that i wanted to ask u about ur opinion! I would probably order the Denon headphones from Germany, since they are suprisingly much cheaper there :O which one is better?
 

post #21776 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren19 View Post

What Amp/DAC is best for the AKG Q701?

 

- Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1

- Audioengine D1

 

It would be great to get recommendations from AKG 701 Owners. (Looking for DAC with Optical input under 200$)

Thank you.


You will probably get better and more answers by posting on the Q701 appreciation thread.

post #21777 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archernick View Post

OK I want to buy a pair of quality headphones for my new Asus Xonar Essence STX. 

 

I'm a games journalist so having good audio is important to me when judging any sort of game. But I also listen to music as I write so I need headphones that can do both.

 

I'm not as bothered as having a competitive edge as opposed to being completely immersed in my games and music. Having any competitive edge is only a bonus.

 

Currently I'm looking at the AKG Q 701's and the Sennheiser HD650's. Both are the same price here in the UK. Anyone got either of these pairs? 

 

I would also like to know about models below these two, such as the AKG K 701's and the 555's. What exactly am I loosing out on over spending less cash.

 

I've read Mad Envy's guide and it has helped me out a bunch. I should note though that I'm game on my PC and not consoles. 

 

Lastly I think I'm going to pick up the Antlion Modmic as it's quality is superb, but will the magnets damage headphones? Also because of their shortage and the international shipping I will require, can anyone reccomend me a cheap clip on mic I can use until it arrives?

 

Thanks a bunch for this! I need to order the headphones within the next 4 hours to ensure I get them with my new soundcard.


Don't know what your soundcard will properly push, as both the Q701 and HD 650 need amplification.

 

The Q701 has an excellent and very large sound stage, which is normally very good for gaming and movies.  I rate the HD 650 better for music.

 

Don't drop down to the lower tier models you mentioned. [In the US the K 701 goes for more than the Q 701.]  Instead get the HD 598 or HD 558 (they have the same drivers).  The Senn HD 5x8 line is also more efficient (easier to drive) than the Q/K 701 or the HD 600/650.

 

I know nothing about the Antlion Modmic.


Edited by KG Jag - 12/4/12 at 12:01pm
post #21778 of 29490

I was in the market and looking for some good over the ear closed back headphones that work well with the iphone 4s.  I was thinking Sennheiser momentum, AKG 550, Executive beats, B&W p5.  I would love some suggestions from the pros.  I love Jam music like the Grateful Dead.  Thanks in advance.  

post #21779 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFreak View Post

I was in the market and looking for some good over the ear closed back headphones that work well with the iphone 4s.  I was thinking Sennheiser momentum, AKG 550, Executive beats, B&W p5.  I would love some suggestions from the pros.  I love Jam music like the Grateful Dead.  Thanks in advance.  


I'd pick from one of these three:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-adult-sennheiser-momentum

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii

 

The Beyer DT 1350 is also very good.

 

For full sized around the ears and less money, get the full sized KRK KNS 8400.

post #21780 of 29490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

So I purchased the he-400's recently and ended up returning them as I found I didn't really like their sound signature, I wanted something more exciting. I loved the sound stage and separation however I want something with more emphasized highs and bass. I don't really care if its either open or closed design, I just need it to sound great out of an e17 and or mp3. I was looking at the V-moda m100's but I am currently looking at other options, my budget is around $400.

 

Ultrasone pro900 (closed) or pro 2900 ( open) seems to be what you look for . You can read dedicated thread

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum