You better baby those pristine looking Sextetts
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/11
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 12/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/7/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/17/11
- brandPeachtree Audiotagged by System, 8/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240M Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Studio headphone impedance Last post on 11/4/13 at 2:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Interesting Headphones for a Flat-Earth PRAT Last post on 11/4/13 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please... - Page 766post #11476 of 212402/24/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11477 of 212402/24/13 at 9:42pm
You better believe I am
Thanks again for selling them to me. I'm really enjoying them right now. The Tragically Hip really sounds good on thempost #11478 of 212402/25/13 at 4:46pmpost #11479 of 212402/25/13 at 6:01pmpost #11480 of 212402/25/13 at 6:07pm
I keep updating my Nuforce stack. I called it the Nuforce Trifecta before, but now I think it's closer to Nuforce Towers...
I managed to get my hands on the discontinued Nuforce RJ45CX (in the middle), which was basically just a converter box from RJ45 to speaker binding posts at the rear (the Icon line of amps use RJ45 connectors to conserve space). I opened it up and added the 4-pin XLR to the front, which took me far longer than I care to admit because I didn't have any appropriate drill bits or a drill press, so I wound up dremelling the whole thing (ugh!).
From left to right:
Icon2 speaker amp
RJ45CX - modded with 4-pin XLR on front
Sitting on top of an LPS-2U-192k power supply for the Icon2 and HDP, and also spdif bridge for the HDP
On the right: regrilled and redamped HE-6
Edited by Armaegis - 2/25/13 at 8:48pmpost #11481 of 212402/25/13 at 6:36pmpost #11482 of 212402/25/13 at 6:41pmpost #11483 of 212402/25/13 at 7:34pmpost #11484 of 212402/25/13 at 7:44pmpost #11485 of 212402/25/13 at 8:29pmpost #11486 of 212402/25/13 at 9:46pmpost #11487 of 212402/25/13 at 9:55pmpost #11488 of 212402/25/13 at 10:06pm
It's a SR60i and that can is what got me into head-fi. I enjoy it very much and it holds a lot of sentimental value because it's the first decent sounding headphone I ever bought.post #11489 of 212402/25/13 at 11:11pmpost #11490 of 212402/26/13 at 5:50am
- Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Linux users unite! 42 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Who are you going to vote for? 1 minute ago
- › Looking to trade HE-400 for a Sennheiser 600/650/700(/800), or sell 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...