Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Unmarried white men most likely to believe in UFOs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unmarried white men most likely to believe in UFOs - Page 3

post #31 of 47

I get that same stuff in my fridge sometimes.

post #32 of 47
Thread Starter 
We had an indigenous species of beer gnat evolve in my fraternity house.

You'd find them hovering over unattended beers and the passed out brother.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 11/29/10 at 11:01pm
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Anaxilus, there's already proof of extraterrestrial life. Google for stories about the space mold/fungus that plagued Mir. They actually had this stuff growing on the station in the vacuum of space. More of a nuisance than an alien abductor, though.


Yeah but the origins weren't extraterrestrial I'm sure.  Probably more a case of foot funk and dirty socks.  They didn't find any on the moon.  Yet.  It would be cool if earth were seeded though.  If we found that out then both the believers and skeptics could point their fingers at each other and exclaim 'AHA!!' for another 2,000 years.

post #34 of 47

Still, the fact that irradiated fungi can survive the vacuum of space is compelling on its own.


Edited by grokit - 11/29/10 at 11:50pm
post #35 of 47

If I was a moderator, I'd have to move this thread to MyceliumSpace.

Reply
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 I venture to say if we lived in a country where saying the wrong thing would get you killed and put your organs up for sale sightings would diminish dramatically.  


You might be taking this a bit seriously :)

 

There are goofballs aplenty in the UK I know this.


Sorry, I know I did.  beerchug.gif

 

Usually 99.99% of all critique about the US is deadpan serious no matter how ridiculous.  But that's another issue.  To the topic at hand.  In context of what we do know of the universe, does anyone feel it is mathematically unlikely or improbable that life exists anywhere other than earth?  Even in the most rudimentary sense?


Thank you for seeing the funny side.

 

There a lots of things to laugh at in the UK and I will be the first to point them out. Yorkshire pudding for example.

 

Maybe there is rudimentary life on other planets, but we can't anticipate intelligent life. I write this because as there is no intelligent life on earth, then why would we expect it on other planets?

post #37 of 47

Many countries have made research on this and only 20% can be considered from "unknown" origin, the rest can be natural events, hallucinations,planes or lacking informations.
 

It is obvious if intelligent aliens with very advanced technology are officially disclose all medias will only talk about this and can create a worldwide panic that collapse economic.

 

They are like scientists that examine wild animals, they are not suppose to interfere but it seem there is many more sightings since we invented nuclear weapons...

 

Just like paranormal, people don't want to believe in it because in truth they are afraid of that and just simply ignoring it make the world a lot simpler and safer but when they are directly involved mosly can't deny the truth and become "believers".

 

see : fermi paradox its very interesing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT View Post

Chances are that there are other civilizations in the universe. The real question is whether or not the UFO sighting are really visits from those civilizations. This is the part I am skeptical.


Edited by Omega17TheTrue - 11/30/10 at 3:36am
post #38 of 47


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post

The aliens seem obsessed with the United States of America.

 

They are continuously abducting US people and flying their spaceships around them.

 

Those of us in the rest of the world are feeling rather left out.

 

Why aren't we interesting enough to be abducted and experimented on?

 

Why don't the aliens want to fly their spaceships through our skies?

 

It is true that occasionally the aliens do seem to pay us a visit but it is very infrequent compared to the huge amount of time they spend studying the USA.

 

You are completely false, but you're post indicates to me that you are severely misinformed. Do some research before you make such sweeping statements over topics you know nothing about, you idiot. UFOs are a global phenomenon. The fact that you weren't even aware that hundreds of former military and air force personnel recently came forth with their UFO experiences speaks volumes. Watch this before you speak because its pointless arguing with someone who has zero knowledge.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZZOBuVw34M

 

Is Istanbul in the United States? You must be feeling stupid now.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvIqj5uBGCk

 


 


Edited by obzerv - 11/30/10 at 2:50pm
post #39 of 47

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzerv View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post

The aliens seem obsessed with the United States of America.

 

They are continuously abducting US people and flying their spaceships around them.

 

Those of us in the rest of the world are feeling rather left out.

 

Why aren't we interesting enough to be abducted and experimented on?

 

Why don't the aliens want to fly their spaceships through our skies?

 

It is true that occasionally the aliens do seem to pay us a visit but it is very infrequent compared to the huge amount of time they spend studying the USA.

 

You are completely false, but you're post indicates to me that you are severely misinformed. Do some research before you make such sweeping statements over topics you know nothing about, you idiot. UFOs are a global phenomenon. The fact that you weren't even aware that hundreds of former military and air force personnel recently came forth with their UFO experiences speaks volumes. Watch this before you speak because its pointless arguing with someone who has zero knowledge.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZZOBuVw34M

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvIqj5uBGCk

 


 



He was joking.  Dry British humour.  wink_face.gif

post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post
 
Double Post

Edited by Anaxilus - 12/1/10 at 12:50pm
post #41 of 47

Well me personally I've had problems with aliens ever since I seen ET. As soon as I seen it I threw up and threw all my child hood teddy bears away. The good thing is I now know that there are no aliens at least not yet or at this point in time. Later on I'll hop in the time machine and see if theirs any in the future but I doubt it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by p a t r i c k View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 I venture to say if we lived in a country where saying the wrong thing would get you killed and put your organs up for sale sightings would diminish dramatically.  


You might be taking this a bit seriously :)

 

There are goofballs aplenty in the UK I know this.


Sorry, I know I did.  beerchug.gif

 

Usually 99.99% of all critique about the US is deadpan serious no matter how ridiculous.  But that's another issue.  To the topic at hand.  In context of what we do know of the universe, does anyone feel it is mathematically unlikely or improbable that life exists anywhere other than earth?  Even in the most rudimentary sense?


Thank you for seeing the funny side.

 

There a lots of things to laugh at in the UK and I will be the first to point them out. Yorkshire pudding for example.

 

Maybe there is rudimentary life on other planets, but we can't anticipate intelligent life. I write this because as there is no intelligent life on earth, then why would we expect it on other planets?

xD

 

What does this have to do with sound science anyway. . . 

 


 

post #43 of 47

great thread! :)

 

Quote:
What does this have to do with sound science anyway. . .

 

well duh... if you can't figure it out I'm not gonna tell you....

post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

great thread! :)

 

Quote:
What does this have to do with sound science anyway. . .

 

well duh... if you can't figure it out I'm not gonna tell you....


I guess it depends if you read it 'sound science' or 'sound' science.  tongue.gif

post #45 of 47
Thread Starter 
patrick, it sounds like a trip to Roswell is in order for you. biggrin.gif

I had the pleasure of passing through in mid-2009. The UFO Museum was a must, but I was disappointed to find that the crash site was on private land and off limits save for a few excursions each year. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit! I bought a bunch of little green men at the gift shop - one went to a friend in the UK. He keeps it in his car and is thrilled that it came from Roswell.

I don't buy into the mythology, but I *love* all the paranormal stuff. On the same trip, I stayed in a "haunted" hotel in Bisbee. Didn't see anything, which was a surprise considering how much of the Dave's Electric IPA I consumed.

Like a moth to a flame, the wacky stuff around this country is compelling. I'm trying to figure out how to do a road trip to the various radon health mines in Montana. You read that right. People go into mines that release radon for health improvement. I've been through the sites for the Sunshine and Merry Widow mines and would love to spend a few hours in each. I've been to all sorts of new agey hot springs and other oddball places, so a radon mine is irresistible.

And yeah, this fascination includes magic cables and various audio tweaks. biggrin.gif
Edited by Uncle Erik - 12/8/10 at 12:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Unmarried white men most likely to believe in UFOs