Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › So i've finally been sucked into this hobby..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So i've finally been sucked into this hobby.. - Page 3

post #31 of 44

No offence taken at all. smily_headphones1.gif

 

And you are right about the fakes. I probably get a lot more comfort out of everyone wearing Beats if they are fake... since that'll just be a fashion statement then. XD

But if someone actually tell me that Beats are the best headphones ever, I might just go all haywire.

 

They are good, but just not that good, especially for the price. So, ignorance might just be better. :P

post #32 of 44

Yeah, in Singapore, occasionally you'll see people sporting the monsters. Default ipod earphones are a common sight, but that could be the case for many countries as well. It turns out people at my university appreciate the value of good music. (: So far I've seen a couple of TF10s, Westone UMs (I can't really tell the 1s from the 2s from the 3s) and even 1 guy sporting customs. 

 

It's great that there's Jaben in Singapore. It really gives you the opportunity to demo a wide repertoire of IEMs, amps, headphones and even universal demos for customs and this really makes the purchasing and decision making process easier, at the expense of your wallet of course. Nevertheless, it's still quite a niche market here.

 

I wonder if they'll have the demos for JH-3As after they're released. 

post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

What are the 2 major shops in HK that specialize in this field? Can's seem to find one during my last visit there. I only heard of Uncle Mingo, which my friend intro me to it.

 

Well quite fortunate for us Singaporean to have online store like them available, however the market over at Singapore is very small. Don't see many people with portable amp or good headphone carry around. Mostly for people us here use the by default ipod earphone =(


Exactly! Most classic place is inside MRT Train, Peer down the whole stretch inside MRT, Don't know can count how many people wearing the crappy ipod (iphone more likely) stock-buds, some think because the only earphones with talk-control is the stock buds, Talk about silly ignorance that you don't know whether want to cry or laugh >_<

post #34 of 44

Well, as they say... ignorance is bliss! haha!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendric View Post




Exactly! Most classic place is inside MRT Train, Peer down the whole stretch inside MRT, Don't know can count how many people wearing the crappy ipod (iphone more likely) stock-buds, some think because the only earphones with talk-control is the stock buds, Talk about silly ignorance that you don't know whether want to cry or laugh >_<

post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyxiation View Post

Well, as they say... ignorance is bliss! haha!
 


 


Haha lets just hope they are not wearing stock buds thinking they have better gadgets than others just because of the iphone itself, I will ROFL to death xDD

post #36 of 44
Thread Starter 

whoa should make another thread for Singaporeans down here. lol

post #37 of 44
Haha maybe name it "Singaporeans Lai Lai Lai!"
post #38 of 44

haha. Singaporean Lai Lai Lai sound like a hardwarezone thread then. lols.

 

@MaxwellDemon I agreed with you that the Monster are good, but not that type of price I will pay for. So far I only think that the Mile Davis impressed me. But is too Exp for me at then moment!

 

@asphyxiation Which Uni you studying at? sound like a mini headphone heaven there! 

post #39 of 44

Haha, I agree, but let's keep this thread within the Head-Fi culture, which I believe you will agree is distinctly different that of HWZ's.I'm studying at NUS. Maybe it's just me and my habit of looking at what IEMs people are using. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

haha. Singaporean Lai Lai Lai sound like a hardwarezone thread then. lols.

 

@MaxwellDemon I agreed with you that the Monster are good, but not that type of price I will pay for. So far I only think that the Mile Davis impressed me. But is too Exp for me at then moment!

 

@asphyxiation Which Uni you studying at? sound like a mini headphone heaven there! 

post #40 of 44

NUS ah, got one audiophile friend studying in there too, using a TF10, maybe he is one of the TF 10 user you saw. 

 

Quite strange to say this also, since I had started this hobby, it's always a habit of me looking at the headphone/earphone that others are using. Anyone have this too?

post #41 of 44

That would be me. It's interesting to check out what other gears other people have. : D
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

NUS ah, got one audiophile friend studying in there too, using a TF10, maybe he is one of the TF 10 user you saw. 

 

Quite strange to say this also, since I had started this hobby, it's always a habit of me looking at the headphone/earphone that others are using. Anyone have this too?

post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

NUS ah, got one audiophile friend studying in there too, using a TF10, maybe he is one of the TF 10 user you saw. 

 

Quite strange to say this also, since I had started this hobby, it's always a habit of me looking at the headphone/earphone that others are using. Anyone have this too?



Me haha in mrt i always see what IEMs and Headphones people using

post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Lee View Post

NUS ah, got one audiophile friend studying in there too, using a TF10, maybe he is one of the TF 10 user you saw. 

 

Quite strange to say this also, since I had started this hobby, it's always a habit of me looking at the headphone/earphone that others are using. Anyone have this too?



Naaw, I have this tendency too. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Though my friends look at me like if I am total lunatic if I see something "audiophilic"... like a M50 in the middle of no where. biggrin.gif

 

And I think Monster Turbine Gold/Copper Pro seems quite good too... I am hoping that I'll one day add one of those Turbines to my collection. When I have the money.

post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post





Naaw, I have this tendency too. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Though my friends look at me like if I am total lunatic if I see something "audiophilic"... like a M50 in the middle of no where. biggrin.gif

 

And I think Monster Turbine Gold/Copper Pro seems quite good too... I am hoping that I'll one day add one of those Turbines to my collection. When I have the money.

Will recommend you Miles Davis IF you have the dough, Its quite a balanced standstill from the goodness of both turbine pros,

 

The Monster Flagship series sounds more like IEM Spa to me rather than a pair of sonic colossus coming out to compete, Which makes them in their own league despite it doesn't means

 

perfection definitely. And maybe bang-for-bucks wise for me is MTPG > MTPC, If we use Stereo's import jacked-up price as a reference, i would no way pay MTPC's $700 price tag over

 

MTPG's $530 price tag since i don't think MTPC is that $130 better than the MTPG IMO But i believe you will save a small sum of money by buying directly from Monster, Which i definitely

 

recommend if you don't mind shipping here and there + more troublesome warranty procedures.

 

Except MDs since got lifetime warranty i can just take defected pair to Hwee Seng and instantly get a new pair (which i did it once for my MDs recently)


Edited by kendric - 10/24/10 at 9:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › So i've finally been sucked into this hobby..