Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › HiFace, sensitive information
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFace, sensitive information - Page 26

post #376 of 425

I was looking forward to the EVO review. But with the HiFace fiasco, I'm totally staying away from M2Tech products.

post #377 of 425

OK, so everyone wants to see that the evil  small clock is or isn't in his hiFace, but without opening it. What about X-Raying it? It shows the PCBs and components well.

 

iPod X-Ray

post #378 of 425
So what's the final word on this? M2Tech will check and replace any small clocks for Eur20?

If you have a large clock, tough luck? You don't get the Eur20 refunded?

I
post #379 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_low View Post

So what's the final word on this? M2Tech will check and replace any small clocks for Eur20?

If you have a large clock, tough luck? You don't get the Eur20 refunded?

I


That's Eur20, plus postage each way....

 

Probably close to Eur60 by the time you get it back, and  unless you open it, (which voids your warranty), you still don't know what you have.

 

USG

post #380 of 425
Thread Starter 


As I understood it, it is 20 euros including labour, parts and shipping back. Hiface owner will have to pay shipping to Italy though, so probably around 30 euros total.

 

On top of fooling their customers with the clock change, they now intend to make some benefit with the clock swap. No wonder why I will never let a peny to M2Tech again in the future.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post


That's Eur20, plus postage each way....

 

Probably close to Eur60 by the time you get it back, and  unless you open it, (which voids your warranty), you still don't know what you have.

 

USG

post #381 of 425

 

Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku View Post

What about X-Ray

 

I'm not a terrorist, I just wanna know if I have the small clock [:chewee297:1]

post #382 of 425

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

I'm not a terrorist, I just wanna know if I have the small clock [:chewee297:1]


I guess your doctor can't get you to have a chest x-ray either...

post #383 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku View Post

I guess your doctor can't get you to have a chest x-ray either...


I always thought that access to an X-Ray machine to examine one's HiFace would not be a trivially available option.  

post #384 of 425
Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku View Post


I guess your doctor can't get you to have a chest x-ray either


swallowing the dongle in one piece might be problematic.

post #385 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post


swallowing the dongle in one piece might be problematic.


Hahaha!  But hold on.  A problematic swallowing episode is exactly what you'd need.  If it gets stuck in your esophagus, then the chest x-ray will indeed allow for visualisation and examination of the HiFace.

post #386 of 425


What if the hiface fuses with your body after absorbing x-rays and the tips of your fingers become the ultimate low latency(depending on your reaction time) biological audio transport.

 

Or even better hyper awesome wireless transports with your newly acquire Professor X psychic abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlink View Post




Hahaha!  But hold on.  A problematic swallowing episode is exactly what you'd need.  If it gets stuck in your esophagus, then the chest x-ray will indeed allow for visualisation and examination of the HiFace.


Edited by ninjikiran - 9/28/10 at 10:24am
post #387 of 425

i can imagine shouting out "yay!  i've got a big clock" and getting dirty looks from the nurse :P

 

"i said clock"

post #388 of 425


The largest clock in the world can't compensate for dummy logic. ;) Talk about thread derailment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleborg View Post

i can imagine shouting out "yay!  i've got a big clock" and getting dirty looks from the nurse :P

 

"i said clock"


Edited by ninjikiran - 9/28/10 at 10:45am
post #389 of 425

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlink View Post


I always thought that access to an X-Ray machine to examine one's HiFace would not be a trivially available option.


M2Tech should switch to transparent plastic cases.


Edited by Sebhelyesfarku - 9/28/10 at 12:39pm
post #390 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebhelyesfarku View Post

 


M2Tech should switch to transparent plastic cases.


I agree with that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › HiFace, sensitive information