New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 4 - Page 4

post #46 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc483 View Post




Ass! (yes pun intended).

There are some new Android phones coming out soon, a Droid 2 and Droid X, I believe? Not exactly certain, it's hard to keep up when there's a new Android phone every 2 weeks.  But my point is, if you are comparing the iPhone 4 to the current Android phones, you probably want to look at the upcoming ones as well if you haven't already. 


Hm, too bad that a mule is different than a donkey. Otherwise you would have made sense.

 

I have seen and have been following the Droid 2 and Droid X on Engadget, but their physical designs bother me (seriously, who needs logos that huge and how they impede between the screen and bottom controls?).

post #47 of 124

I think some people have been hoping that the iPhone 4 works with the Camera Kit to output digital audio. I was reading an article on AppleInsider and came across this:

 

"iPhone 4 also appears able to support the iPad's camera connection kit, although this isn't expressly stated by Apple. The new phone specifications add support for MJPEG video compression, a very inefficient format primarily used by point-and-shoot cameras that take video and capture it as AVI files. Support for the codec is only useful for syncing with camera devices; other similarities between iPhone 4 and iPad (such as VGA out support) suggest that the camera adapter should work with the new phone as well."

 

post #48 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitkooo View Post




So true. But the guy looks like he didn't get his lunch for 3 months. 


LOL!!!

post #49 of 124


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaronni View Post

I think some people have been hoping that the iPhone 4 works with the Camera Kit to output digital audio. I was reading an article on AppleInsider and came across this:


Does that mean that the internal DAC is bypassed then?

post #50 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk View Post


Does that mean that the internal DAC is bypassed then?


Yes, if the Camera Kit works like it does in the iPad.

 

More good news: the iPhone 4 is now carrier-unlocked, internationally at least.


Edited by grokit - 6/16/10 at 10:19pm
post #51 of 124

Ya know, I must say I'm a little disappointed in Apple for not adding an LED blinker to their phones. It's a simple concept and is absolutely amazing when it comes down to ignoring a ring tone or vibration and then reminding you that you missed something or that you have something scheduled in your calendar or that your friend was trying to call you to let you know that the police found the remains of that man you murdered years ago and are now on a city-wide manhunt for you-- you know, just crap you need to know about!

 

post #52 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post

Ya know, I must say I'm a little disappointed in Apple for not adding an LED blinker to their phones. It's a simple concept and is absolutely amazing when it comes down to ignoring a ring tone or vibration and then reminding you that you missed something or that you have something scheduled in your calendar or that your friend was trying to call you to let you know that the police found the remains of that man you murdered years ago and are now on a city-wide manhunt for you-- you know, just crap you need to know about!

 


Agree with all of that. Especially the notification of murder

post #53 of 124

So anyone got one yet then?

post #54 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk View Post

So anyone got one yet then?

 

If you are talking about an iphone 4, then I did. I had a 3G previously. It is a substantial upgrade. Nothing new to write other than what is out there already. The screen is very nice (as expected), it has the antenna shorting issue, and it is significantly faster than the 3G. The improved camera is nice, as is video. It's not going to be my first choice for a camera, but it will be the one I use the most since I'll have it with me all the time.

 

If you meant the camera connection - then no :)

post #55 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk View Post


So anyone got one yet then?



<<br>
Yep. I preordered and mine showed up on the 23rd.

Best phone I've ever used. My favorite part is the screen. There is some controversy about the definition of a "retina" display, but this is the first time I've ever seen an electronic display with characters as sharp as a printed page. It makes everything else look like yesterday's technology. I can only hope that Apple rolls out this level of sharpness on everything else they make and everyone else follows suit.

The case is very minimalist, which I love. This is the best looking iPhone ever, just gorgeous. Nothing unnecessary is there.

The speed is a touch slower than my iPad, but it's plenty serviceable. I could not be happier with it.

Except for the service. AT&T is welcome to lick my nether regions. I'll dump them the first chance I'll get.

By the way, Apple knows very well how much everyone hates AT&T. Further, they know that their marketshare will shoot up once they get on other carriers. I do applaud Apple for (so far) honoring their contract with AT&T. But I'm 99% sure the iPhone will be *everywhere* once the exclusivity is over.

You can tell that Apple is trending that way because the iPad is not locked to AT&T. Other providers can - and will - offer 3G for it. Three million iPads have sold so far. You know that other carriers will want a piece of that market.
post #56 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Best phone I've ever used. My favorite part is the screen. There is some controversy about the definition of a "retina" display, but this is the first time I've ever seen an electronic display with characters as sharp as a printed page. It makes everything else look like yesterday's technology. I can only hope that Apple rolls out this level of sharpness on everything else they make and everyone else follows suit.


Have you used anything (like a Droid) with a similar pixel pitch? Is the sharpness because of high pixels-per-inch or because of the type of screen? It's double the resolution of the 3GS so of course looks a lot better than that.

 

If it's all because of pixel pitch, a 13.3" MacBook would need a resolution of around 3840x2400 to maintain this level of sharpness 

post #57 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitkooo View Post




So true. But the guy looks like he didn't get his lunch for 3 months. 

 

 

That's what you should expect from someone with pancreatic cancer.  it's a miracle that he is still alive!

 

 

-----

post #58 of 124

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast View Post

That's what you should expect from someone with pancreatic cancer.  it's a miracle that he is still alive!


Well not exactly a miracle...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31509368/ns/health-health_care/

post #59 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Erik View Post

Except for the service. AT&T is welcome to lick my nether regions. I'll dump them the first chance I'll get.

By the way, Apple knows very well how much everyone hates AT&T. Further, they know that their marketshare will shoot up once they get on other carriers. I do applaud Apple for (so far) honoring their contract with AT&T. But I'm 99% sure the iPhone will be *everywhere* once the exclusivity is over.

You can tell that Apple is trending that way because the iPad is not locked to AT&T. Other providers can - and will - offer 3G for it. Three million iPads have sold so far. You know that other carriers will want a piece of that market.

Yep, was a similar story here in the UK with only 02 carrying the iPhones, but now all the networks will can carry them. I reckon Apple will sell millions more units now here in the UK due to this. Makes me wonder why Apple signed that deal with 02 - an astronomical amount of money must have changed hands for that deal I'd have thought. IMO all mobile phone networks are thieves, but at least now we can pick our poison.

 

Have you had any phone related issues with signal? Obviously there has been lots of news the past couple of days about dropped calls due to the external antenna. Saw a video yesterday of a guy with an iPhone 4 and a 3GS side by side. Not only was the signal a bar or two down on the iPhone 4 compared to the 3GS, but when making a call between the two when he held the iP4 in his left hand (covering the now infamous bottom left area) the calls kept dropping out.

 

Think there are loads of videos like this springing up all over the net, which is certainly worrying!

 

Have you used it much for music yet? Any thoughts yet as to the sound quality?
 

post #60 of 124

I just went to the Apple store with my JH13. Listened to a couple songs they had preloaded and sound quality outta the hp out is very very nice as far as I could tell in that limited time. I'd say just as good as the 3GS. No hiss either


Edited by BaboonGuy - 6/27/10 at 1:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home