I'm new here just bought Hippo VB [SGD$98](yes i'm a carrot-head) after reading lots of good review here.
I'm sad to say, i very disappointed in Hippo VB. I'n not the crazy/hardcore type, i just hope to improve my enjoyment of music.
I previously use IEM from Sony($90) and Creative EP-630 ($40)
- abit too warm(which kills the treble)
- spoilt quickly
- sounds balance to me???
- need more bass
- crazy amount of microphonics.
Hippo VB - With foam tips
- very clean output
- Construction is more sturdy than the rest
- High/treble are like sony
- Bass not as great as "reviews" say. (EP-630 bass are more impactful) [maybe because it's not fully run in yet?]
- harder to drive than EP-630? (sounds softer than EP630)
- Microphonics are almost non-existent.
I want to get something like EP-630 but a high end version.
Can anyone recommend a IEM with EPIC bass(impactful).
I have very small ears.
Strong bass required as i listen mostly to rnb,hiphop, trance and sometimes classical(where i require highs/treble to enjoy).
P.S Sound isolation and is very important to me as I ride a motorcycle.
With Fiio E5 make a difference?
Thx in advance.
Edited by squarebox - 5/10/10 at 11:19pm