Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! - Page 91

post #1351 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

... WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR EARS lol or it could... actually it COULD VERY WELL be the fit! 

 

Might be that one side of your head is shaped funny... and your getting a derpy seal on that side of ur head, hence the strange bass presance! 

You're a genius!

Another reason to try the velour pads and/or the pleather pads as they have a bigger hole for my ears to fit! [Which might well be it, because I am not sure if they are currently on or over ears :P]

I will try to fiddle with it.

But you probably nubbed it! Thanks bro! "brofist"

post #1352 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

You're a genius!

Another reason to try the velour pads and/or the pleather pads as they have a bigger hole for my ears to fit! [Which might well be it, because I am not sure if they are currently on or over ears :P]

I will try to fiddle with it.

But you probably nubbed it! Thanks bro! "brofist"

*BRO fist*

 

yea they seal on those is derpy.  I literally warped the SHCIIT out of my headband! To get it to fit my head  

post #1353 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

*BRO fist*

 

yea they seal on those is derpy.  I literally warped the SHCIIT out of my headband! To get it to fit my head  

Yeah, I'll bend some!

It seems just as flexible as the 900X headband. 

Pads swapping is easier though, thankfully :]

 

And you were right, upon some bending, the bass goes centre [well, relatively :D bass is not a very precise, instrument :D]

 

Buuuut they are so beautifulllll ......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think they are my new reference looks & comfort headphones.

As the 3D wings system actually works! 900X didn't provide nearly enough grip, 1000X does just enough, would it be a fraction less, it would be slippery, a fraction more, it'd stress my head. DAT BALANCE.

 

Anyway, a very good all-rounder so far :D Impressed.

 

With all the things HE-6 did right, looks & comfort wasn't either of these and these are certainly more fun, HE-6 always remained a bit reserved :]

post #1354 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yeah, I'll bend some!

It seems just as flexible as the 900X headband. 

Pads swapping is easier though, thankfully :]

 

And you were right, upon some bending, the bass goes centre [well, relatively :D bass is not a very precise, instrument :D]

 

Buuuut they are so beautifulllll ......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think they are my new reference looks & comfort headphones.

As the 3D wings system actually works! 900X didn't provide nearly enough grip, 1000X does just enough, would it be a fraction less, it would be slippery, a fraction more, it'd stress my head. DAT BALANCE.

 

Anyway, a very good all-rounder so far :D Impressed.

 

With all the things HE-6 did right, looks & comfort wasn't either of these and these are certainly more fun, HE-6 always remained a bit reserved :]

Glad enjoy them :3 I forgot to mention I literally spent a week warping mine lol, and yes a good WARP is helpful

 

and if you like them stock, just try swapping out pads. I mostly modded mine to tame the bass a smidge! Which is why I put my Dynamat where I did [might have been better to mod the drivers but I didn't want to take that chance] either way I covered up about 20% of the bass holes on the bottom of the drivers, where the screws go, those... holes add to the bass reponse, restricting the air that comes in and out of them did tighten the bass, and I'm enjoying mine right now with some Anime! And it sounds wonderful :3 it's VERY BALANCED, and yet still intimate! 

 

I've honestly not found any head phone that sounds as good as it does, within it's price range. 

 

That said I think only a Alpha Dog could match the balance of my W1000x... as much as I LOVE wood closed backs... I think the Alpha would be the ONLY Plastic Back I'll own... unless it's actually a Metal back... either way...  I hope to own a TH 900 one day... I'm tempted to try the Th600 but I think I'll go with a Fully Lawton'd D7k first before I get the TH 900

post #1355 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Glad enjoy them :3 I forgot to mention I literally spent a week warping mine lol, and yes a good WARP is helpful

 

and if you like them stock, just try swapping out pads. I mostly modded mine to tame the bass a smidge! Which is why I put my Dynamat where I did [might have been better to mod the drivers but I didn't want to take that chance] either way I covered up about 20% of the bass holes on the bottom of the drivers, where the screws go, those... holes add to the bass reponse, restricting the air that comes in and out of them did tighten the bass, and I'm enjoying mine right now with some Anime! And it sounds wonderful :3 it's VERY BALANCED, and yet still intimate! 

 

I've honestly not found any head phone that sounds as good as it does, within it's price range. 

 

That said I think only a Alpha Dog could match the balance of my W1000x... as much as I LOVE wood closed backs... I think the Alpha would be the ONLY Plastic Back I'll own... unless it's actually a Metal back... either way...  I hope to own a TH 900 one day... I'm tempted to try the Th600 but I think I'll go with a Fully Lawton'd D7k first before I get the TH 900

I am not sure I'd like the D7Ks...a different monster :]

Anyway, the vocals are very good. No sibilance at all. It is funny because on the 900X there was so much of it, but when I read the review they did not mention it... then I read the head-fi's 1000X reviews... 4/5 mentioned sibilance. Idiots? I dunno xD

And yeah, I'll try pads. A smidge less bass a smidge more mids/highs might be useful :D I hold high hopes for the new velours [or pleathers].

The old ones ar ejust too itchy and torn... and discontinued anyway :D

post #1356 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I am not sure I'd like the D7Ks...a different monster :]

Anyway, the vocals are very good. No sibilance at all. It is funny because on the 900X there was so much of it, but when I read the review they did not mention it... then I read the head-fi's 1000X reviews... 4/5 mentioned sibilance. Idiots? I dunno xD

And yeah, I'll try pads. A smidge less bass a smidge more mids/highs might be useful :D I hold high hopes for the new velours [or pleathers].

The old ones ar ejust too itchy and torn... and discontinued anyway :D

Welp, I own a D2k Wood Back and my W1000x, so I need a Bass Heavy and a Balanced wood back headphone :3 

 

although I honestly have NO IDEA, what on EARTH to replace my W1000x with in terms of another balanced  closed wood back! Not to mention I do like it's weightless ness! I LOVED the comfort and isolation of of the W1000x with the J$ pads, but the sound was a little TO fun imo  I really want to try DX 1000 Lawton and hopefully Alpha Pads on my W1000x 

post #1357 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Welp, I own a D2k Wood Back and my W1000x, so I need a Bass Heavy and a Balanced wood back headphone :3 

 

although I honestly have NO IDEA, what on EARTH to replace my W1000x with in terms of another balanced  closed wood back! Not to mention I do like it's weightless ness! I LOVED the comfort and isolation of of the W1000x with the J$ pads, but the sound was a little TO fun imo  I really want to try DX 1000 Lawton and hopefully Alpha Pads on my W1000x 

 

How about Fischer Audio? I don't know how fa woodies sound but stock ones are definately not too much fun :) If wood doesn't completely change the nature of the headphones I doubt there are more neutral woodies available...atleast none as affordable. I've been thinking about trying FA-Woodcups+digitech pro monitors+nvx angled pads combo. Fa-jubilate could be nice also. I have renkforce cd340 that is the same headphones as fa-006 which jubilate is based on. For classical music I prefer those over fa-003. Especially with dt770/880/990 pads. Very open sounding for a closed headphone but it seriously lacks bass. Back of the headphone is easy to remove and it is very thin. I'd imagine wood cups would solve the bass issue. I think oem Yoga made the back of the cup easily removable so that companies ordering their headphones can choose between open and closed back versions. I know vivanco has an open back version.


Edited by Beocord - 11/25/13 at 4:36pm
post #1358 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

 

 

With all the things HE-6 did right, looks & comfort wasn't either of these and these are certainly more fun, HE-6 always remained a bit reserved :]

 

I like how everybody talks about orthos like "man, I have no idea what you are talking about - low level of comfort? Weight?! They are so comfy!!!" and then they buy those HD800 or other lightweight dynamic cans with very well designed headband and pads and 180 degree turn takes place... :rolleyes: 

post #1359 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post

I like how everybody talks about orthos like "man, I have no idea what you are talking about - low level of comfort? Weight?! They are so comfy!!!" and then they buy those HD800 or other lightweight dynamic cans with very well designed headband and pads and 180 degree turn takes place... rolleyes.gif  

Hey, read my review!
They are not uncomfortable, but there is only so much comfort a 500g+ headphone can provide... The problem was the headband was underpadded x/
These feel lighter than any other headphone I've tried xD
post #1360 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


Hey, read my review!
They are not uncomfortable, but there is only so much comfort a 500g+ headphone can provide... The problem was the headband was underpadded x/
These feel lighter than any other headphone I've tried xD

exactly, and honestly the w1000x is not a light headphone, it's pretty weighty imo! The weightless feeling is due to the wing system which is working very nicely with ur noggin :3

post #1361 of 1883

Funny fact - the instruments coming from the right and left are not evenly matched in quantity.

I feel like there tends to be more instruments on the right most of the time [hence my initial impressions with the left channel imbalance]

Other headphones tend to spread the sound more evenly. AT just gives you what's where and there is a distinct line separating the left.right and center positions.

The feeling is that the soundstage might feel more "difused" sometimes, but when there are enough instruments on both sides, oh it's a bliss!

Compared the 900X and 1000X and the same "problem" applies to both of them so it's rather the sound presentation than a driver mismatch. I don't remember that with the HE-6 but it's a different signature sound so it's OK.

I imagine this will be good for gaming... let's test it out :D

 

Oh and every time I look at them I have to smile :] Gorgeous headphones.

 

My pads have been postponed due to customs... ugh :/ I hope the velours will be great, the pleathers might be a bit too bassy, the old velours are not bassy enough... We'll see how other newer velours and pleathers will do! It better comes in tomorrow....

 

Oh, well. I still really like em for their precision and presentation :P

post #1362 of 1883

The ATs are quite sensitive and easy to power cans, so are you sure the channel imbalance isn't just from your amp's volume pot being at a too low volume? I don't recall any general imbalance of instruments in left and right sides of my W1000X, besides some songs.

post #1363 of 1883
Yep! no imbalance here at all, only on songs mastered that why. W5000 pads should arrive today too, got stung by parcel force for £25 customs, duty and miscellaneous, can't wait to put them on tho.
post #1364 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post

The ATs are quite sensitive and easy to power cans, so are you sure the channel imbalance isn't just from your amp's volume pot being at a too low volume? I don't recall any general imbalance of instruments in left and right sides of my W1000X, besides some songs.

Yes, besides some songs xD
I am pretty sure it's not the W1000X smily_headphones1.gif
Since the volume is digitally controlled by 1db steps I am 99% it's not.
Regardless, it is not driver imbalance as I said. In songs where instruments are mirrored/perfectly filled on both sides it's not issue.
Sometimes there is just more stuff going on on the right side of the soundstage and left side is left for cymbals, back guitars, etc, which are not portrayed with such strength as the main instruments smily_headphones1.gif
post #1365 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


Yes, besides some songs xD
I am pretty sure it's not the W1000X smily_headphones1.gif
Since the volume is digitally controlled by 1db steps I am 99% it's not.
Regardless, it is not driver imbalance as I said. In songs where instruments are mirrored/perfectly filled on both sides it's not issue.
Sometimes there is just more stuff going on on the right side of the soundstage and left side is left for cymbals, back guitars, etc, which are not portrayed with such strength as the main instruments smily_headphones1.gif

 

Why dont you just test your headphones using sine sweeps or pink noise?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread!