Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 970

post #14536 of 16849

@joker

 

I finally decided to buy a wooden IEM for best sound and looks; the Astrotec AM800. Would you think these has one of the best sounds by far in a wooden housing? I'm hoping I made the right choice.

 

Is there a comparison with other wooden IEM's?

 

So far, they sound really good just as you described in your list of IEM's!

post #14537 of 16849

Best earbuds for hip hop/soul/r and b at 100$ or under?

post #14538 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 


 

Probably production differences between units. My S1 has more bass than my R1M on the silver setting:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NarMooS1.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NarMooR1MSilverPorts.pdf


 

With the black ports the R1M has tons of bass, though.


Sounds like a reasonable explanation, lol. There is another S1 in my household which I tried out today. A bit more bass, a boost in the treble, and not as smooth refined sounding as mine either. My housemate also bought the R1M when NarMoos last sale was on. I'll try them out to see how they compare to mine.

 

Are you planning to review both the VSonic VSD3 and VSD3S, or just the 3S? Either way, I'm excited to read your upcoming reviews. :D

post #14539 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

I wouldn't recommend the Music One if you like bassy earphones. If you can find it in your price range, the Yamaha EPH-100 would be my pick for Electronic music. Otherwise the MA750 is quite good. If you want to spend under $100, I'd recommend the Audio-Technica CKM500, Shure SE215 (for a smoother, more MH1-like sound), and even the Brainwavz S1. 

 

Unfortunately I haven't tried the latest crop of Xears in-ears.

 

 

I prefer the GR07BE and EPH-100 to the MA750 but they're not far apart. 

 

Hey Joker. My EPH-100 arrived yesterday! Only thing is I can't get a good fit. Seems my earcanals are too small :(. Is there a way to overcome that? Maybe some other earpads? Or should I try to sell them and go for the RHA MA750 instead?

post #14540 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDolce View Post

Hey Joker. My EPH-100 arrived yesterday! Only thing is I can't get a good fit. Seems my earcanals are too small frown.gif . Is there a way to overcome that? Maybe some other earpads? Or should I try to sell them and go for the RHA MA750 instead?
Have you tried the smallest ear tips which come in the box yet? I had a similar problem when I first get my pair.
post #14541 of 16849

Yeah, I would think there would be a pair small enough to fit you in there. If not there are some aftermarket options.

post #14542 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDolce View Post
 

 

Hey Joker. My EPH-100 arrived yesterday! Only thing is I can't get a good fit. Seems my earcanals are too small :(. Is there a way to overcome that? Maybe some other earpads? Or should I try to sell them and go for the RHA MA750 instead?


Tried that yes...I tried them all...I even wiggled with some of my Sony tips. I put one wich works perfect for me with my FA iems. But didnt work either...I see now that i only got 4 earpads...shouldn't there be 5? Could it be i have a fake one?

post #14543 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDolce View Post
 


Tried that yes...I tried them all...I even wiggled with some of my Sony tips. I put one wich works perfect for me with my FA iems. But didnt work either...I see now that i only got 4 earpads...shouldn't there be 5? Could it be i have a fake one?

I'm not sure how many tips come with it. Not sure about fakes either. Could be that the nozzle is too big for your ears, but that seems unlikely. Which other IEMs do you use? You could post a photo of how you wear them and how they fit and that might help.

post #14544 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDolce View Post


Tried that yes...I tried them all...I even wiggled with some of my Sony tips. I put one wich works perfect for me with my FA iems. But didnt work either...I see now that i only got 4 earpads...shouldn't there be 5? Could it be i have a fake one?

If I were you, and suspect it could be fakes, I would post some pictures what I received (in its entirity) in -respective thread- for others to take a look, differentiate/confirm and advice......about its legitness. And try tip rollin for the fit issues, which in this case you had already tried with FA and sony's.....so pls post your reply what ZapX629 suggested...
post #14545 of 16849

Hi to all! :)

I hope you will help me with my "original" issue. :)

I try to find earphones for my metalhead girlfriend. The problem is she have to small ear canal, someting about 4 mm in most thin part. So "common" earphones just don't fit. Can you, please, give me advice about specific models (with decent bass) which she can use?

Thank you in advance! :)

post #14546 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 

I'm not sure how many tips come with it. Not sure about fakes either. Could be that the nozzle is too big for your ears, but that seems unlikely. Which other IEMs do you use? You could post a photo of how you wear them and how they fit and that might help.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


If I were you, and suspect it could be fakes, I would post some pictures what I received (in its entirity) in -respective thread- for others to take a look, differentiate/confirm and advice......about its legitness. And try tip rollin for the fit issues, which in this case you had already tried with FA and sony's.....so pls post your reply what ZapX629 suggested...

thnx for the advice guys. I will do this. I will try to post it tomorrow!

post #14547 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueMage22 View Post
 

Hi to all! :)

I hope you will help me with my "original" issue. :)

I try to find earphones for my metalhead girlfriend. The problem is she have to small ear canal, someting about 4 mm in most thin part. So "common" earphones just don't fit. Can you, please, give me advice about specific models (with decent bass) which she can use?

Thank you in advance! :)


se215 will do good and fits your bill perfectly . and the shure oliver foam tips will serve her better .

post #14548 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueMage22 View Post
 

Hi to all! :)

I hope you will help me with my "original" issue. :)

I try to find earphones for my metalhead girlfriend. The problem is she have to small ear canal, someting about 4 mm in most thin part. So "common" earphones just don't fit. Can you, please, give me advice about specific models (with decent bass) which she can use?

Thank you in advance! :)

That all depends on the budget, but there are lots of options with smaller nozzles. 

post #14549 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post


se215 will do good and fits your bill perfectly . and the shure oliver foam tips will serve her better .

Hmm, aren't those tips huge? I could never get them to fit properly in my ears. I usually use small or medium tips.
post #14550 of 16849
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


Hmm, aren't those tips huge? I could never get them to fit properly in my ears. I usually use small or medium tips.

 

 small olivers can be squeezed to be put inside .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)