Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Fuze vs. Clip vs. Clip +?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sansa Fuze vs. Clip vs. Clip +? - Page 3

post #31 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
I have Fuze v1 and clip+ both Rockboxed...same sound signature.
But in my case I need to increase the volume on the fuze.
Would you say one is easier to navigate with than the other?
post #32 of 58
What are you guys paying for the Clip+ 2gb or 8gb version including tax, shipping etc. over there in the States?
post #33 of 58
depends Amazon you can find an array of prices but Brick and morter, 2g about $40, 4G $50 and 8G about $60-70

usually Amazon you can find better deals
post #34 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevodotorg View Post
Would you say one is easier to navigate with than the other?
Maybe clip+, althought it's tiny you can handle better and it has volume controls. The fuze's wheel seems cheap and fragile.
post #35 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
Maybe clip+, althought it's tiny you can handle better and it has volume controls. The fuze's wheel seems cheap and fragile.
clip+ it is! thanks
post #36 of 58
Since this transformed into a Q&A clip thread I have one more question

If you ignore the total capacity/space, would you choose an 8gb clip or a 2gb clip + 8gb SD card? What's the pro/contra using an extra SD card (besides trivial things like the ability to switch SD cards etc.)?
post #37 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnor View Post
If you ignore the total capacity/space, would you choose an 8gb clip or a 2gb clip + 8gb SD card? What's the pro/contra using an extra SD card (besides trivial things like the ability to switch SD cards etc.)?
Your battery life will take a hit if you use a SD card. In my opinion you are better off getting the 8gb version just to have option to go SD card free when you need to maximize your battery.
post #38 of 58
^But how much of a hit? Is it worth 2gb of memory? Unless you're using the thing day after day without access to a usb port or something I'd say to get the + with a 8gb card.
post #39 of 58
I have a cowon d2 and it is great,but I am looking for a better sounding dap when NOT eqed. a couple of questions:1. do the sansa clip+/fuze can read flac without rockboxing them or something? 2.are they consider more neutral/balanced/accurate sounding than other players on the market?
I am asking this based on reading some reviews,but i am not sure.
if the clip+ is a tad on the warm/dark side I think i will go for it.
post #40 of 58
just got some more information on the clip+ from the web and it seem to have everything I need: 8gb+micro sd slot so no need to worry about space,
reads flac!,very small and portable... and if it sounds better than the cowon when not EQed than it would be fantastic for me. the only thing that i can be not satisfied with is the battery, it says that it can live up to 15 hours and assuming that when reading 128 mp3's, what about when reading flac??

in fact,I even had a birthday two days ago and got some money to spend so it will be a great gift for me. but i need your answer about the clip+ SQ, because it is the first thing i care about.
post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonter View Post
just got some more information on the clip+ from the web and it seem to have everything I need: 8gb+micro sd slot so no need to worry about space,
reads flac!,very small and portable... and if it sounds better than the cowon when not EQed than it would be fantastic for me. the only thing that i can be not satisfied with is the battery, it says that it can live up to 15 hours and assuming that when reading 128 mp3's, what about when reading flac??

in fact,I even had a birthday two days ago and got some money to spend so it will be a great gift for me. but i need your answer about the clip+ SQ, because it is the first thing i care about.
the clip+ is rather warm and smooth sounding, i've never listened to cowon or sony DAPs so I can't comment. But it's a huge step up from Ipod Video.
but beware, the battery meter is very inaccurate. it can say 50% and run out 5min later. And the battery life with flac isn't that great, it managed to run for about 7-8hrs. i recommend using 320 mp3, because the difference isn't all that significant.
post #42 of 58
Definitely the 8GB. If you know you'll need the memory, might as well buy it on the front side.

I've never met a memory space I couldn't fill.

P.S.: MicroSDHC is all upside. If you're Rockboxing--and you should be--you're keeping a close eye on battery life anyway; this won't be your cross-country rig. Moreover, market price is running about $2 a gig up to 16gigs.
post #43 of 58
guys i just bought myself clip+ and i started fill it up with music.
I have a rather silly question,how do i set the eq to flat mode? can i disable it somehow (preffered!) or should i keep it in "normal" mode?
post #44 of 58
Normal should be equal to disabled, afaik.
post #45 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnor View Post
Normal should be equal to disabled, afaik.
thanks, so there is no way to really disable it, right? so i will use the normal than.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Fuze vs. Clip vs. Clip +?