Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD800 VS ORPHEUS(he90/hev90)--THE MARS IMPACT THE EARTH
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD800 VS ORPHEUS(he90/hev90)--THE MARS IMPACT THE EARTH

post #1 of 76
Thread Starter 


THE ORPHEUS System:MARANTZ SA11S1---HEV90---HE90
THE HD800 system:mark levinson No.37---DCS delius---DIY TUBE hpa for hd800(cost$2000)(TELEFUNKEN ec806*2 ,GEC L77*2, GEC 6B6*2)(pure hand made by Mr. Ye)

1 FITNESS:hd800 is equal to Orpheus. Both are twice big as my ear. They both can hold large amount of the air to make me feel large scale of energe and flow of the air.
2 HIFI :the bass of Orpheus is deeper than L3000 and ED9 whose bass almost are both the deepest among all the headphones. So I can say, the bass of the Orpheus is definitely the best in all headphones. The power is strong like a canon. The speed and the response of the bass is perfect.HD800’s bass is better than R10, the amount of bass is more than R10, but is not as solid as R10. Compare with Orpheus, the bass of HD800 is quite indifferent 。
3 sound quality:HD800 is nature as K1000.It can tell you what is the original sound. Orpheus give you the most affecting and real sound .I can say it is live. Once put the Orpheus on you will feel glory, magnificent sound, compare with it ,I can only say the HD800 is reason and nature。These two are not one level.
4 brightness:The most different point between HD800 and Orpheus is the midrange .HD800’s midrange is so thin to Orpheus。I can say the midrange of Orpheus is like the body of American, then the midrange of HD800 like Asian. The power and the muscle of them have quite large gap. HD800 is clear and analyzing,But Orpheus is perfect, vivid, and affecting. Compare with Orpheus, HD800’s midrange is dull and a bit dry.
5 warmth:HD800 is nature ,the sound have no color.,then, it has a great different with SONY QUALIA010 and SA5000.because, QUALIA010 and SA5000 also have no colour, but they are cool like a robot, they have no heart and emotion, But HD800,like K702,DT880,have emotion. So, it is bad for you to listen to the music with 010 and SA5000, you will feel the robot is singing, not person. the Orpheus is nature, and have warmth, it has the ability that even if a dull CD, you will feel excellent though listening to Orpheus 。Orpheus can endow every music with life! Like GOD! LISTEN to Orpheus,I can not help weeping and crying. But listen to HD800, I will not.
6 the width of soundstage:the HD800 has a large width like Orpheus. I think it has the most wide sound stage in all the headphones like K1000, GS1000.But,,the depth of HD800 is worse than Orpheus 。listen to the Orpheus, I am amazed if I’m listening to a hi-end bookshelf speaker like B&w s805.The depth of the soundstage is perfect, like the design of HEV90, so three-dimensional that I think I’m in the theater, artists are in front of me , I can capture their performance with my eyes .
7 sound of string:HD800 is very smooth and real about violin., the extension of the high-range. You will not feel too stimulate and sibilance about instrument . and you will not feel the sound too thin like the Japanese headphone like ath-w5000.The Orpheus have more smooth and more colour and shin ,it combine the real and the emotion perfect! HD800 and Orpheus both let the instrument far from you ear than any headphone else.
8 vocal:there’s no obviously sibilance with HD800 at female vocal. very nature sound, but have little warmth, you will feel HD800’vocal is not better than AKG K1000。The Orpheus, has the strongest vocal performance in all the headphone, and the L3000,is only worse than Orpheus in vocal.

summary:HD800 is nature and monitor the sound with large soundstage and fine and smooth sound. The Orpheus is the most affective headphone with the largest width and depth soundstage the most grand sound image in the world. I will give HD800 90 point and The Orpheus 100 point.

PS: you can get large picture at my blog: é“三角é¥*之森海塞尔*HD800****VS**大奥*è¯ ¦ç»†å¬æ„Ÿ_1089501353_新浪åšå®¢
And you can get the chinese version of my article at my bbs:ÌúÈý½Ç·¹Ö®É*º£Èû¶û HD800****VS**´ó°Â ÏêϸÌý¸Ð|¶ú»ú×ÔÓÉ̳ | Headphone System - HiFiÂÛ̳ £º ×ÔÓɳ©Ì¸HIFIÓëÒôÀÖµÄÊ¥µî - powered by phpwind.net



LL
LL
post #2 of 76
Da Bears! Ditka! Orpheus! Ditka! Bears! Orpheus!
post #3 of 76
Thanks a lot
post #4 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
つぶらし。。。ありがとう 
Arigato indeed, but isn't the OP Chinese?
post #5 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
つぶらし。。。ありがとう 
No offense, but there is a rule at Head-Fi that all posts need to be made in English. I'm sure your post was pleasant and well meaning, but most of the rest of us can't know that for sure.

We've had threads in the past in German, Spanish, Chinese, etc., and they've all been well intended (thankfully), but we can't allow Head-Fi to be put in a position where it becomes impossible to monitor the content of what is being posted (i.e., we can't distinguish "Happy New Year!" from references to drugs, child prostitution, etc.) because we don't know the language.
post #6 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcmanus View Post
No offense, but there is a rule at Head-Fi that all posts need to be made in English. I'm sure your post was pleasant and well meaning, but most of the rest of us can't know that for sure.

We've had threads in the past in German, Spanish, Chinese, etc., and they've all been well intended (thankfully), but we can't allow Head-Fi to be put in a position where it becomes impossible to monitor the content of what is being posted (i.e., we can't distinguish "Happy New Year!" from references to drugs, child prostitution, etc.) because we don't know the language.
Amended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post
Arigato indeed, but isn't the OP Chinese?
I read "ATHfan" and made the assumption. My bad!

In this case, 谢谢你 ! <- this is "thank you" (you can google it, xie xie ni is the pinyin)
post #7 of 76
Ya, this ATHFAN guy very infamous in Chinese forums because his malicious swindle of the ORPHEUS system deal.If you can read Chinese, this thread is evidences.
post #8 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by donthuang View Post
Ya, this ATHFAN guy very infamous in Chinese forums because his fake ORPHEUS deal.
huh
post #9 of 76
If you say that QUALIA are artificial than something wrong with your system matching, sorry my friend. And how could SA5000 be in the line with them, lost totally up here.
Second, first time I read about thin HD800 mids, while almost every post you read, its about their magic mids/vocals reproduction.
Third, HD800 are spacey, yes, but no way their image is the same or very close to K1000, sorry they do sound like a headphones and K1000 like a real speakers, only on your head and QUALIA are more closer to K1000, at least to my ears. They are the only Sony I can call as HIGH END. I even found HD800 image bit unfocused by comparison, but that's something else and I may get another chance one day.
And last one, if its true that HE90 are pretty close to HE60, which I don't know, only tried HE60, then I am choosing Stax.
post #10 of 76
Another useful comparison!
Thank you!

Just now I'm listening to my brand new vintage AKG k141 Monitor (manufactured in 1991) and I'm wondering why is all the high end madness for... They give me The Music, staxes give me The Sound. Sometimes I prefer listening to the sound but for the past months I spend more and more time with my lossless files and some warm low end dynamic cans (HD201, k141)... <- a little sober offtopic.
post #11 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by donthuang View Post
Ya, this ATHFAN guy very infamous in Chinese forums because his malicious swindle of the ORPHEUS system deal.If you can read Chinese, this thread is evidences.
Do you know of a good Chinese to English translation service on the web? I tried using the one from Google and it was horrible.

I would like to know more about what happened.
post #12 of 76
I love the OP's expression in the first pic.
post #13 of 76
Yes. It's eargasm.
post #14 of 76
He loves those American midranges
post #15 of 76
The real question is,is ATHfan more hard core than Patrick82?
kidding...
hey 90 for the HD800 compared to the HE90's 100 is not bad,because the HD800 cost much less.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HD800 VS ORPHEUS(he90/hev90)--THE MARS IMPACT THE EARTH