Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 - Page 217

post #3241 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

 

Yes, I bought them from a dealer in Japan, I had to wait almost 3 months, but it's well worth the wait!

 

That's crazy! I'd like to afford such headphones some day, too tongue.gif

What amp are you going to be using them on?

post #3242 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritolus View Post

 

That's crazy! I'd like to afford such headphones some day, too tongue.gif

What amp are you going to be using them on?

I've ordered a HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition, which is considered to be one of the best electrostatic amps on the market. It's unfortunate that I don't have an electrostatic amp currently, I've thought about ordering one of the amps Stax makes from a dealer here in the US, then I could listen to my SR-009s rather soon and not have to wait several more months. I ordered it in February and it should come sometime this summer. The amps Stax currently makes don't seem to be nearly as well regarded as some of the more expensive amps from other companies (like HeadAmp, Woo Audio, Cavalli), so I figure I might as well just wait it out for the Blue Hawaii.

post #3243 of 3948

enjoy them.  I've had a listen to a pair before at a headphone meet up.  Living close to the admin on this forum has it's perks (get to listen to some fun headphones).

post #3244 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0sferatu View Post

enjoy them.  I've had a listen to a pair before at a headphone meet up.  Living close to the admin on this forum has it's perks (get to listen to some fun headphones).

I bet it does, there are still so many headphones I haven't tried that I want to. I haven't been able to make it to a Head-Fi meet though, I'm surely going to go to the next big one in Texas if I can.

post #3245 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrivera View Post

Just picked up a Pam 311. Loving it!!

 

 

 

 


Wow!beerchug.gif

post #3246 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly View Post

I bet it does, there are still so many headphones I haven't tried that I want to. I haven't been able to make it to a Head-Fi meet though, I'm surely going to go to the next big one in Texas if I can.

 

It's worth it.  After listening to a bunch though I will admit there is a serious law of diminishing return after a point.  I haven't changed any of my headphone equipment for almost 3 years (and don't plan on it).  I've gotten to that point of being content with what I have.

 

Anyways, I'm not your typical "head-fi" person so when I went to listen to them I was jamming trance/techno, progressive rock, and some rap & metal on the Stax and I got a lot of WTF stares when I was jamming them.  tongue.gif

post #3247 of 3948

It took months of scavenging around the stores but this morning I finally found a watch that looks totally ballin. All it needs is a nice sexy stainless steel wrist band to complete the look. Say hello to my, barely bought an hour ago, Bulova folks

 

1000

post #3248 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

It took months of scavenging around the stores but this morning I finally found a watch that looks totally ballin. All it needs is a nice sexy stainless steel wrist band to complete the look. Say hello to my, barely bought an hour ago, Bulova folks

 

1000

Nice, my style of watch congrats.

post #3249 of 3948

post #3250 of 3948

That black slab of aluminium awesomeness on the left arrived in the mail today!

post #3251 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritolus View Post



That black slab of aluminium awesomeness on the left arrived in the mail today!

NIcE! My WA6 didn't have the gain for my HE5LE, and the WA6SE had some distorted bass problem, shipping it out today. Got a Soloist coming today smily_headphones1.gif
post #3252 of 3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post


NIcE! My WA6 didn't have the gain for my HE5LE, and the WA6SE had some distorted bass problem, shipping it out today. Got a Soloist coming today smily_headphones1.gif

 

Oooh, exciting! I'd like to hear my D7ks with some of Bursons stuff, the Soloist in particular. Hearing good things about it!

post #3253 of 3948

Yet another guitar. 2007 Gretsch Electromatic Corvette, signed by Fred Gretsch

 

 

 

700

post #3254 of 3948

post #3255 of 3948

AppleMark

 

 

after a long day at work , a massage and music is what the doctor orders= let the healing begins

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0