or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 198

post #2956 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

 

 

Didn't the mods already say no?  devil_face.gif



actually Jude voted 'yay' but that was it. biggrin.gif

post #2957 of 4545

So that's where the hope comes from?  wink.gif

post #2958 of 4545

Thank you. Nice work. Is there a wireless one coming out? Now that wireless is becoming more and more.

 

 

post #2959 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post


I'm so happy to hear that!

 

BTW denon HP1000 and ATH Pro700 look the same. could they be rebrands?

 



Yes, I've read somewhere that they are. Not sure if true. I think there was a 3rd sibling as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

Thank you. Nice work. Is there a wireless one coming out? Now that wireless is becoming more and more.

 

 


There's a review of the TDK WR700 in the thread and I'll probably post a review of my Sennheiser MM400s at some point as well. No plans for any other wireless sets at this time.

 

post #2960 of 4545

Hey |joker| and others, what do you think about the akg k518 vs k181, I guess I want the portability of the k518, but am worried mostly about its long term cable durability and to a lesser extent the increased sq and potential better isolation of the k181. I'm probably going to go with the k518 because it's a better portable overall, but did your k81 cable hold up to the wear and tear for a portable can?

post #2961 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillDrivers63 View Post

Hey |joker| and others, what do you think about the akg k518 vs k181, I guess I want the portability of the k518, but am worried mostly about its long term cable durability and to a lesser extent the increased sq and potential better isolation of the k181. I'm probably going to go with the k518 because it's a better portable overall, but did your k81 cable hold up to the wear and tear for a portable can?


I think the K81 is better value for money at <$50 if you can get used to the tight fit. My pair was over a year old with no cable issues whatsoever. The cord is pretty tough. Not sure if that's still true for the K518 as they are meant for consumer use but I would guess the cable is just shorter.

 

post #2962 of 4545

I received my px 100s ii yesterday. I really like em. What i noticed is that after wearin em for a bit, the cushion on the pads, gets kinda embedded to the plastic from the speaker. When i come back it gets partly to normal, but the shape is not totally flat like i guess it should be . Not sure if thats normal or if i should wear em more loose.

post #2963 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


I think the K81 is better value for money at <$50 if you can get used to the tight fit. My pair was over a year old with no cable issues whatsoever. The cord is pretty tough. Not sure if that's still true for the K518 as they are meant for consumer use but I would guess the cable is just shorter.

 



Thanks, I figured that's what I would hear, but thanks for the reassuring post. With this head-fi stuff it's constantly about "well if I spend this much more then I could look at buying this headphone instead" lol. I think I'll be glad with my choice. I placed an order today for the k518 because they were only $46 shipped and sold from amazon. Should be a strong portable headphone that is budget friendly.

 

Also, thanks for this amazing portable review thread. I have spent hours reading reviews of different headphones because you give a good amount of impressions without the information becoming too dense. When I have a better cash flow I'll have to look at getting some of the portable kings either the beyer dt1350 or the old champ sennheiser hd25. In the mean time the akg should satisfy.

post #2964 of 4545
how bout an over ear 300$ and lower shootout, as good as this one?
post #2965 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoose View Post

how bout an over ear 300$ and lower shootout, as good as this one?


ljokerl is not made out of money! Maybe you can send him a Cargo container filled with headphones.

 

 

post #2966 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBJAG View Post

I received my px 100s ii yesterday. I really like em. What i noticed is that after wearin em for a bit, the cushion on the pads, gets kinda embedded to the plastic from the speaker. When i come back it gets partly to normal, but the shape is not totally flat like i guess it should be . Not sure if thats normal or if i should wear em more loose.


I never noticed, but then I probably didn't look at the foam when taking them off. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillDrivers63 View Post



Thanks, I figured that's what I would hear, but thanks for the reassuring post. With this head-fi stuff it's constantly about "well if I spend this much more then I could look at buying this headphone instead" lol. I think I'll be glad with my choice. I placed an order today for the k518 because they were only $46 shipped and sold from amazon. Should be a strong portable headphone that is budget friendly.

 

Also, thanks for this amazing portable review thread. I have spent hours reading reviews of different headphones because you give a good amount of impressions without the information becoming too dense. When I have a better cash flow I'll have to look at getting some of the portable kings either the beyer dt1350 or the old champ sennheiser hd25. In the mean time the akg should satisfy.

 

Good buy, hope you like 'em!
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoose View Post

how bout an over ear 300$ and lower shootout, as good as this one?


Be my guest wink.gif

 

post #2967 of 4545

How about more ultrasones cans?

post #2968 of 4545

Oppppsss... wrong area. lol.


Edited by ChristmaSFnatic - 2/27/12 at 12:01pm
post #2969 of 4545
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalSound View Post

How about more ultrasones cans?


I've got a PRO550, PRO650, and HFI-780 but unfortunately no time to review them. Hopefully soon!

 

 

post #2970 of 4545

Well it would be very useful if you review the HFI-780s. But I will just wait until you do more reviews of those cans anyway.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)