or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) - Page 182

post #2716 of 4545

Thanks Joker and dweaver for the answer.

Is there any IEM that have similar sound signature to HD25-1?

 

post #2717 of 4545

I'm so ready to get my hands on a pair of M-80's. Maybe it'll replace my IEM's, been curious to see if full sized portables will work better than IEM's for me.


Edited by Austin Morrow - 12/18/11 at 10:04am
post #2718 of 4545

Rhetorical question? tongue.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post

So, Joker. Now that Sony has rolled out their new line of BA's...I just have to ask...are you interested in reviewing them?



 

post #2719 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

Rhetorical question? tongue.gif
 



 


As for the sarcasm part, haha. 

 

But Lol. My bad, I had to change the post. You see, I thought the thread was on Joker's thread about IEM's, not portable headphones. My fault entirely....

post #2720 of 4545
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by izaku View Post

Thanks Joker and dweaver for the answer.

Is there any IEM that have similar sound signature to HD25-1?

 



If I had to pick one, probably the Westone 3

post #2721 of 4545

Very. very impressive.

Taking care of two absolutely mammoth threads at once.

 

 

Subbed.

popcorn.gif

post #2722 of 4545

hey quick question, how would you compare the M50 with the M80? 

post #2723 of 4545
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoSerious View Post

Very. very impressive.

Taking care of two absolutely mammoth threads at once.

 


Thanks!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

hey quick question, how would you compare the M50 with the M80? 


M80 is bass/mid centric, more laid-back, warm, smooth, etc. The M50 may be fun-sounding but it's still largely a studio monitor and tends to be more crisp in note presentation with more prominent treble and a more neutral overall tone.

 

post #2724 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


 


Thanks!

 


M80 is bass/mid centric, more laid-back, warm, smooth, etc. The M50 may be fun-sounding but it's still largely a studio monitor and tends to be more crisp in note presentation with more prominent treble and a more neutral overall tone.

 

hmm would you relate the m80 to the Ms400 by any chance? My perfect headphones would be a MS400 with prominent thumping booming bass (not literally boom but like itll really hit me)
 

 

post #2725 of 4545
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

hmm would you relate the m80 to the Ms400 by any chance? My perfect headphones would be a MS400 with prominent thumping booming bass (not literally boom but like itll really hit me)
 

 



The M-80 wins in depth but the MS400 has more mid-bass lift. If you find the bass of the MS400 inadequate I'm afraid you'll have to go bassier than the M-80, maybe Denon D1100, AKG K181DJ, or Sony XB700.

post #2726 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post



The M-80 wins in depth but the MS400 has more mid-bass lift. If you find the bass of the MS400 inadequate I'm afraid you'll have to go bassier than the M-80, maybe Denon D1100, AKG K181DJ, or Sony XB700.



I mean the amount of warmth on the ms400 was perfect, I just want it to be punchier and stronger. 

post #2727 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

I mean the amount of warmth on the ms400 was perfect, I just want it to be punchier and stronger. 


Sounds like my struggles for a good "bass friendly" portable.


Try the Denon D1100s.  I also own the XB500s, but those are just bass headphones.

 

If you want something with a more balanced sound and big bass presentation without big comprimises elsewhere, then the Denon D1100s might be up your alley.
 

 


Edited by roker - 12/20/11 at 2:57pm
post #2728 of 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by roker View Post


Sounds like my struggles for a good "bass friendly" portable.


Try the Denon D1100s.  I also own the XB500s, but those are just bass headphones.

 

If you want something with a more balanced sound and big bass presentation without big comprimises elsewhere, then the Denon D1100s might be up your alley.
 

 

have you heard the D1100? does it have thumping bass that you feel? Oh and I don't want it do sound too dark, like the warmth of the MS400 was perfect for me. Really relaxing, just the bass was really relaxed too. I've been considering the D1100, along with the HDj2000 and lp2, but I don't think the lp2 will suffice in terms of sound quality. Oh and maybe the pro700, but I don't think I want THAT much bass
 

 

post #2729 of 4545

Hey real quick questions joker. Have you heard the Bose qc15 at the mall, if so how would you compare that to the D1100? Like sound stage wise and bass impact wise. Also how would you compare the D1100 to the MS400 and HD25. 

post #2730 of 4545
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

Hey real quick questions joker. Have you heard the Bose qc15 at the mall, if so how would you compare that to the D1100? Like sound stage wise and bass impact wise. Also how would you compare the D1100 to the MS400 and HD25. 



I haven't heard the QC15. The D1100 has a lot more bass impact than the MS400 and HD25. There's a review of it at the beginning of this thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)