True. They're the same pads though. Does no one understand this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 7/28/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 3/31/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/14/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/28/10
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Basshead dockworker here! DT770 vs Bose Triport for indie and industrial, and other stuff Last post on 2/21/12 at 9:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 earpads? Last post on 6/26/11 at 2:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- My search for closed back, deep earcup, comfortable, audiophile sound... Last post on 4/8/15 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- First post, need a good recommendation on full size 'phones for ~$150 Last post on 10/10/10 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about studio monitoring/mixing Last post on 2/1/11 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? - Page 21post #301 of 4305/15/13 at 11:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #302 of 4305/16/13 at 5:26ampost #303 of 4305/20/13 at 7:39am
Anyone still interested in changing to velour ear pads for the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones should go to Amazon and lookup Shure replacement velour ear cushions HPAEC940 for SRH940 headphones and read all the reviews of customers that say these velour pads are great on the ATH-M50's. These pads are also made for the Shure SRH1440,,and SRH1840 headphones.
I have been using these velour cushions on my M50's for about four months and they are very good, very well made and don't really change the sound enough to notice, and are very soft. If you think they are a wee-bit loose, take a sewing needle and thread and sew around and around and around over the factory thread keeping the thread tight until you end up where you started and tie a knot, very simple and easy.
I think you will enjoy these pads and they look as if they where made for the M50's,
i-mepost #304 of 4305/22/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trance88
Anyone here tried these?
There are a couple good reviews on them from ATH-M50 users. Thinking about trying them as my stock earpads are getting crusty and flaking.
I just got those pads; although they're meant for the smaller ATH-M30, they fit the M50. They're definitely more comfortable than the stock pads and don't cause nearly as much sweat build-up. They do change the sound, for better and worse. The highs are clearer and not as peaky and the mids are brought a little more forward; however, there is a significant loss in bass quantity.post #305 of 4305/27/13 at 2:39amQuote:Originally Posted by rhythm is life
I just got those pads; although they're meant for the smaller ATH-M30, they fit the M50. They're definitely more comfortable than the stock pads and don't cause nearly as much sweat build-up. They do change the sound, for better and worse. The highs are clearer and not as peaky and the mids are brought a little more forward; however, there is a significant loss in bass quantity.
More than likely, the bass loss is due to allowing more sound to leak out of the velour pads as opposed to the stock pleather pads.post #306 of 4306/22/13 at 5:19pm
Hey, just bumping this to give an alternative to some people
What I did was use speaker-freak's method & do what GN3RAL KARL did.
I bought Bilsom Cool II & stick them to my M50's like speaker-freak did:
After which I crazyed glued a spare earpads to the Bilsom Cool II like with what KARL did
This way, people have a cheap alternative & don't have to risk ruining the original M50 earpads. If you don't like the outcome, the pads are glued to the Bilsom Cool sticky pads, which comes off easy & leave no residue..
It is also reusable, buying cheap clearance headphone sets with more comfortable earpads, which usually don't fit the M50's oval design & gluing them on the sticky pads..post #307 of 4306/27/13 at 8:01ampost #308 of 4308/25/13 at 6:43pm
I tried SRH-940 velour pads on M50 and it changed the sound too much for my likings. It reduced the bass impact and it wasn't fun sounding basshead headphone that I wanted. I returned the SRH-940 pads shortly.post #309 of 4308/28/13 at 12:25am
I've got some 940 pads incoming for my M50's along with EDT 250 pads for my MDR-7506's.
I'm hoping I'll get satisfied with the results, otherwise I'll just return the pads and buy me some nice socks :)post #310 of 4309/1/13 at 12:16am
The shure pads do reduce bass and isolation. If you have the new m50's that might be more of a problem. I always use the sure pads, but I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts on my m50's now so I don't mind. If I used them for music a lot I'd either switch back to the original pads or use an eq. The shure pads are pretty good with ~5khz reduced a little (on the old m50's).post #311 of 43010/8/13 at 1:22pm
i bought the beyerdynamic dt250 pads and they fit the arh m-50's perfectly
installing them was a bit of a pain because they are so snug
i have to say that with the stock pads the ath m-50's were unbearable
made my ears sweat and they were super uncomfortable i was actually going to sell them
couldn't be happier with the upgradepost #312 of 43010/8/13 at 4:35pm
Used the Beyerdynamic DT250 pads and they are a huge comfort upgrade. I found though that the bass did become quite "boomy" and uncomfortable to listen to for my ears. I ended up taping the port holes at the top and bottom of each headphone and the bass became comfortable again.
The tape pattern used was OxOxOxO.
The added comfort actually made it easier for me to take the ATH-M50s off the hanger and use them more frequently.post #313 of 43010/8/13 at 11:18pmpost #314 of 43010/8/13 at 11:44pm
haha - it is quite hilarious isn't it?
BTW I used gaffer's tape instead of scotch tape or electrical tape - it has a thickness and stiffness of duct tape, but doesn't leave a residue - so it's easier to experiment and remove compared to other tapes.
A little more expensive and difficult to find - you may be able to get at a camera or theatre supply store.post #315 of 43010/31/13 at 10:53am
I found some really comfortable pads that fit the M50s perfectly and improve the sound to my tastes. I found the felt pads on my Sharkoon xtactic SX gaming headset found below and they fit perfectly. They do change the sound. My gripe with the M50s was that the mids were recessed this brings them forward a bit. They do take a bit away from the detail in the high and low ends but it works for me. They feel so good especially now in the winter, and although they keep my ears warm they do not make them sweat like the pleather ones. These also do leak a bit more sound than the stock pads. Anyone know what pads Sharkoon uses for the headsets?
- Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear 34 seconds ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 40 seconds ago
- › Bluetooth IEMs? Are the SBH80s still king? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 2 minutes ago
- › KEF Q300 Black Oak 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 3 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...