I own the DT770 which I love, but the isolation began to bother me, now I'm thinking about picking up the HD600 or DT880's
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/5/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 7/5/11
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-CD3000tagged by System, 7/5/11
- productSony MDR-D66SLtagged by System, 7/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any headphones that can be open or closed depending on preference? Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD3000 repair Last post on 2/7/12 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking to Purchase a pair of headphones as a birthday gift! Last post on 10/2/11 at 10:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $70-90 ! Last post on 8/19/11 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi? - Page 55post #811 of 8737/19/13 at 11:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 8737/19/13 at 11:58ampost #813 of 8737/19/13 at 12:07pmpost #814 of 8737/19/13 at 1:02pmpost #815 of 8737/19/13 at 1:12pm
Came to Headfi to research budget IEMs back in 2007, ended up with the Shure EC2. Bought a Fiio E5 and a Sansa Clip as well.
Officially joined Headfi in 2009 after which I bought a Total Bithead and HD25-IIs.
Oh how my perspectives on audio and dollar value have changed since then.post #816 of 8737/19/13 at 2:59pmpost #817 of 8737/20/13 at 9:37pm
My first "decent" Headphones were the AKG 450 and the koss Porta Pro. Looking for some information I found this site and all went to soon to fast. After coming to Head-Fi I got Grado SR 60i, Audeo Phonek 012, Sony XB300, XB700 and it keeps going dowhill...post #818 of 8737/20/13 at 9:37pmpost #819 of 8737/21/13 at 5:03pmQuote:
I purchased the Velour Pads for the SRH-940 and put them on my 840's. That solved the ear fatigue issue and really makes for a comfortable experience. Still not as light or comfortable as my HD600's, but much better than the included pads IMO.post #820 of 8737/21/13 at 8:05pmpost #821 of 8737/22/13 at 4:44pmpost #822 of 8737/22/13 at 8:11pmpost #823 of 8737/24/13 at 1:34ampost #824 of 8737/24/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
Great place to start. The dt770's have their own place on my desk and in my heart
- What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Best headphones for Rock 23 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 47 seconds ago
- › Need help finding ~$200 over ear circumaural headphones for... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for $200 (Q/k701, HD598, DT-770-PRO-32, Grado SR225i?) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Open Back Vs Closed Back .. what is better for me? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe