New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure E530 vs Westone 3 - Page 2

post #16 of 36
It should also be taken into account that the Westones are much better designed and more durable.
post #17 of 36
Thread Starter 
I just bought the SE-530s. Thanks so much for everyones' help.

This thread can be locked.
post #18 of 36
hmmmm i was gonna say have u thought about the Sennheiser IE8 or Ultimat Ears Triple Fi 10, but i see you have already made your purchase. Congrats...oh and Welcome to Head-fi...Sorry about your wallet
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith View Post
It should also be taken into account that the Westones are much better designed and more durable.
where is the proof that says the westones are a better design and build?

have you taken a 2008 shure se530 and a 2008 westone 3 and tested them to destruction?? we still dont know how many knocks the westone 3 can take, we still dont know if the cables do hold up and from the pics ive seen the westone's take exactly the same shape in the ear as the shures so actual fit and design are extremly close, not much better for westone as you say.

im not saying what you are saying is wrong, im just asking what you base that assumption off?? if its just the cables then the shures are actually fine from 2007 onwards, so that problem wont exist for new buyers. and you must remember the actual earphone housings need to be taken into consideration when questioning build quality, the westone's have not been on the shelves long enough to know if the casing holds up to punishment, and we all know the reason the westone's were held back by now...packaging problems anybody??

i think its unfair to judge build quality for the westone's without the them being physically tested or given enough time to prove they dont break. yes we all know shure has had cable problems but this has been fixed from my experiences with them as the new cable is tough and dont go stiff.

not being arsey, im just saying the past westone models cant be evidence of how tough the new ones are considering the apparent packaging problems they had.
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyb213 View Post
what makes a ipod special is the ability to have the line out if you were not going to use that I would never recommend a ipod for it's hp out but if you go imod I don't think you can beat it
i didnt think the ipod was terrible to be honest, in fact i currently own the D2 and i have to say i miss my 5.5g ipod, i thought it did bass better and was strong enough to drive my shure's with good sound.

i dont agree with all the ipod hate and bose hate here on head fi. its misleading and not very accurate, ipods are not the best no but they do use good technology and are only hindered by a few little niggles. i think you need golden ears to find that ipods are not the best but then again no standalone MP3 players are that great, hence the invention of portable amps.
post #21 of 36
We understand you my friend...at least we know Westone 3's cable wont have a problem from past experience (UM1,2 uses the same thing)... and now with the earbuds...we can just feel that it is really solid, and doesn't seems to have any problem...it will be weird though because it is very rare when a company's top of line product have driver built quality problem...

But we can just wait and see...


Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
where is the proof that says the westones are a better design and build?

have you taken a 2008 shure se530 and a 2008 westone 3 and tested them to destruction?? we still dont know how many knocks the westone 3 can take, we still dont know if the cables do hold up and from the pics ive seen the westone's take exactly the same shape in the ear as the shures so actual fit and design are extremly close, not much better for westone as you say.

im not saying what you are saying is wrong, im just asking what you base that assumption off?? if its just the cables then the shures are actually fine from 2007 onwards, so that problem wont exist for new buyers. and you must remember the actual earphone housings need to be taken into consideration when questioning build quality, the westone's have not been on the shelves long enough to know if the casing holds up to punishment, and we all know the reason the westone's were held back by now...packaging problems anybody??

i think its unfair to judge build quality for the westone's without the them being physically tested or given enough time to prove they dont break. yes we all know shure has had cable problems but this has been fixed from my experiences with them as the new cable is tough and dont go stiff.

not being arsey, im just saying the past westone models cant be evidence of how tough the new ones are considering the apparent packaging problems they had.
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheaterjunkie View Post
I just bought the SE-530s. Thanks so much for everyones' help.

This thread can be locked.
good choice you shouldnt be dissapointed as they do appear to suit your preferences.
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather225 View Post
We understand you my friend...at least we know Westone 3's cable wont have a problem from past experience (UM1,2 uses the same thing)... and now with the earbuds...we can just feel that it is really solid, and doesn't seems to have any problem...it will be weird though because it is very rare when a company's top of line product have driver built quality problem...

But we can just wait and see...
thats just it tho, its all about the waiting and using the phones, you wont really know how strong the hem lines are until they have taken a beating, in other words you dont know how the glue will hold until they have taken a few raps.

i have to admit that knowing my earphones have multiple drivers and crossovers and so on really makes me nervous about leaving them out of the case, i just dont trust myself, is anybody prepared to do the step test, put your westones on the floor, don a nice pair of boots and walk over them like thwy are'nt there, anybody confident enough in the westone's to give them the ultimate test??

i gotta say i wouldnt even think about it with my shure's, they feel solid but damn dont you agree you have to baby these things too much?

if anybody says they have already stepped on them i wont believe you until you youtube it
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
thats just it tho, its all about the waiting and using the phones, you wont really know how strong the hem lines are until they have taken a beating, in other words you dont know how the glue will hold until they have taken a few raps.

i have to admit that knowing my earphones have multiple drivers and crossovers and so on really makes me nervous about leaving them out of the case, i just dont trust myself, is anybody prepared to do the step test, put your westones on the floor, don a nice pair of boots and walk over them like thwy are'nt there, anybody confident enough in the westone's to give them the ultimate test??

i gotta say i wouldnt even think about it with my shure's, they feel solid but damn dont you agree you have to baby these things too much?

if anybody says they have already stepped on them i wont believe you until you youtube it
well i've dropped my shures a few times and dragged them on the ground and kicked them without knowing...usually while i was walking and eating or something. they got scratched up some but they still worked fine. i didn't notice til i felt something tugging on my ipod lol. this has happened more than once btw and they still work like a champ.
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain View Post
well i've dropped my shures a few times and dragged them on the ground and kicked them without knowing...usually while i was walking and eating or something. they got scratched up some but they still worked fine. i didn't notice til i felt something tugging on my ipod lol. this has happened more than once btw and they still work like a champ.
nice i almost thought they were scratch resistant, too bad eh.
post #26 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
nice i almost thought they were scratch resistant, too bad eh.
no they definitely aren't scratch resistant. lol
post #27 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx20001 View Post
where is the proof that says the westones are a better design and build?

have you taken a 2008 shure se530 and a 2008 westone 3 and tested them to destruction?? [...]

im not saying what you are saying is wrong, im just asking what you base that assumption off?? [...]
I was going to post essentially the same comments but then thought "eff it." Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather225 View Post
We understand you my friend...at least we know Westone 3's cable wont have a problem from past experience (UM1,2 uses the same thing)... and now with the earbuds...we can just feel that it is really solid, and doesn't seems to have any problem...it will be weird though because it is very rare when a company's top of line product have driver built quality problem...

But we can just wait and see...
I guess it's just your choice of vocabulary and manner of expression, but you frequently post things that are slightly irritating. The above is an example. You don't know the W3 cables won't have a problem. They are simply too new for you to be able to conclude that. You can hope, believe, expect, assume they won't, but you don't know they won't (or will). Your expectations are likely reasonable based on the experience of the UM1 & 2, but that is not the same thing as proof.

Same thing with feeling that something is high quality. That is not the same as saying it has proven high quality. There is not enough experience with the W3s to back up that expectation. It is better to caveat that they are still new and the jury is out, although one might expect them to be solid given Westone's previous offerings.

I completely agree with your last comment: we can wait and see. And I truly hope the W3s prove to have every bit of that high durability & quality that you hope for in them.
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjisme View Post

I guess it's just your choice of vocabulary and manner of expression, but you frequently post things that are slightly irritating. The above is an example. You don't know the W3 cables won't have a problem. They are simply too new for you to be able to conclude that. You can hope, believe, expect, assume they won't, but you don't know they won't (or will). Your expectations are likely reasonable based on the experience of the UM1 & 2, but that is not the same thing as proof.

Same thing with feeling that something is high quality. That is not the same as saying it has proven high quality. There is not enough experience with the W3s to back up that expectation. It is better to caveat that they are still new and the jury is out, although one might expect them to be solid given Westone's previous offerings.
X2
post #29 of 36
i should point out that i have squeezed the se530 casing very hard trying to get tips off many times, so theres a small pressure test with no damage, can anybody say they have squeezed the westone 3's hard enough to prove they may be made out of a reasonable strength material?? and why would you squeeze them hard if you have indeed done this?? they should stand up to squeezing with the fingers but this is just another example of how the shures are tested almost daily due to the shure barb and how it holds tips on. would you be confident needing to squeeze the westone casing between your fingers everytime you need to remove tips??

i too expect the westone may well be strong and well built but theres no real way of testing unless you have reasonable time of use and throwing them about. i think what im saying is its all well and good suggesting the westone 3 is well built and im fine with seeing people say the westones are well built, but its not fair to say they are better built than another set of phones because this has not been tested and i doubt anybody is brave enough and confident enough in the westone's to test them in such ways.
post #30 of 36
when did the shure's debut anyway? i'm just curious.. i'm pitting the se530 vs w3 vs ue tf10.... just some added criteria for me is all..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: