Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) - Page 46

post #676 of 768

I think Lawler has a good shot at it in a rematch..that first fight could have gone either way..I think Conduit could take Big Rig in a 5 rounder, and I'm a Hendricks fan..I'm really pumped for DC and Jones...hopefully DC can pull it off

post #677 of 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
 

I think Lawler has a good shot at it in a rematch..that first fight could have gone either way..I think Conduit could take Big Rig in a 5 rounder, and I'm a Hendricks fan..I'm really pumped for DC and Jones...hopefully DC can pull it off

I just hope Hendricks doesn't just keep taking him down and tying up his legs like he did in the last round of the last one... I'm a little worried that the fight could turn out to be a snoozer.

 

As for Bones? I'm actually MORE excited to see DC fight Jones than I was to see Jones in a rematch with Gus. Either way it will shut someone up. DC is still too short for 205 if you ask me. I don't think he'll be able to overcome the reach.   ;)


Edited by bareyb - 7/27/14 at 4:40pm
post #678 of 768

So am I.  Jones is definately over sized for the LHW class.  I think if DC can get in and take him down and beat him up, he's got a good shot.  Remember what he did to Dan Henderson?  Threw him around like he was nothing..that was a real shocker...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
 

I just hope Hendricks doesn't just keep taking him down and tying up his legs like he did in the last round of the last one... I'm a little worried that the fight could turn out to be a snoozer.

 

As for Bones? I'm actually MORE excited to see DC fight Jones than I was to see Jones in a rematch with Gus. Either way it will shut someone up. DC is still too short for 205 if you ask me. I don't think he'll be able to overcome the reach.   ;)

post #679 of 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimChee View Post

So am I.  Jones is definately over sized for the LHW class.  I think if DC can get in and take him down and beat him up, he's got a good shot.  Remember what he did to Dan Henderson?  Threw him around like he was nothing..that was a real shocker...

That blew my mind with Henderson. I've never seen anyone toss him around like that. Dude is just insanely strong. Whatever lingering doubts I had about DC disappeared with that fight. I have a hard time picturing him losing to anyone after that.I have a hard time picturing Jones losing to anyone too, but I think it would be an epic if he pulled it off. It would be cool to see DC win and it would be cool to see him lose. I'm loving it either way. . I'll be looking forward to that one. 


Edited by bareyb - 7/28/14 at 1:04am
post #680 of 768

This thread has been silent for way too long now.

 

I'm assuming you've all heard that Mayweather has finally agreed to fight Pacman. FINALLY!

 

This is what Floyd Sr. has to say about the fight http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/10/07/1377494/floyds-dad-says-pacquiao-mismatch-vs-son

post #681 of 768

I've lost all respect for boxing. Which is tough because I used to be a huge fan. Unfortunately,  when you let the reigning champs hand pick their own opponents any credibility goes right out the window. Last time I watched Mayweather fight all he did was hide in the corner and block punches with his shoulder. I ended up turning it off. 

post #682 of 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

This thread has been silent for way too long now.

I'm assuming you've all heard that Mayweather has finally agreed to fight Pacman. FINALLY!

This is what Floyd Sr. has to say about the fight http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/10/07/1377494/floyds-dad-says-pacquiao-mismatch-vs-son

Rubbish! Mayweather knows Pacmans best is behind him now. Refused to fight him when he was riding high...that's not a true champion, its cowardice.

His fights put me to sleep. Agreed, professional boxing is now a farce. But don't let that stop you guys from doing it, step in the ring to stay in shape. I believe it is still the most physically demanding sport of them all.
post #683 of 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post


Rubbish! Mayweather knows Pacmans best is behind him now. Refused to fight him when he was riding high...that's not a true champion, its cowardice.

His fights put me to sleep. Agreed, professional boxing is now a farce. But don't let that stop you guys from doing it, step in the ring to stay in shape. I believe it is still the most physically demanding sport of them all.

I know right! Mayweather himself actually said some time ago that he's a coward and he doesn't want to fight Pacman because he's afraid he might get hurt (Im not kidding, look it up). 

 

I'm absolutely confident that Pacman will put an end to his 47-0 record.

post #684 of 768
Was I watching a different Junior v Stipe fight than the judges were?

I anticipate the points break down.
post #685 of 768

I wanna see pettis vs aldo  .

post #686 of 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Was I watching a different Junior v Stipe fight than the judges were?

I anticipate the points break down.


 I thought Junior turned it around in the 3rd and never looked back.

post #687 of 768
I thought it could have gone either way , but that knock down in the third helped jds case. Close fight I thought jds would destroy him maybe that big layoff affected him his punches didn't seem as crisp
post #688 of 768

I had Miocic winning rounds 1 and 2, and JDS winning 3, 4, and 5. Miocic was never the same after the first knock down. 

post #689 of 768
post #690 of 768
Yep, huge success when your young brings temptation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)