Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 19post #271 of 4474/7/13 at 3:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #272 of 4474/8/13 at 11:29ampost #273 of 4474/8/13 at 11:02pmpost #274 of 4474/9/13 at 2:58ampost #275 of 4475/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #276 of 4477/5/13 at 4:11pmpost #277 of 4477/5/13 at 4:33pmpost #278 of 4479/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #279 of 4479/13/13 at 12:29ampost #280 of 44710/21/13 at 3:00am
Unknown make or year but absolutely pounding and gorgeous, but for some peakiness. So off to a transplant open back shell they go.
AUDITION brand in a shell that looks like an old Marantz, rivalling the biggest headphones ever made they are that large.
55 mm / 2 1/4 inch, unvented rears except for around base of magnet enclosure. My Dynamat added there of course.
Modded Philips 9000 Cineos driver.
Look at that stupid decal there obscuring the driver vent. What sort of vent is THAT???LOL What were they thinking. Off it went and added Dynamat. I had to also remove the glue plug with the same small pinhole poked through that from that hole.
An entire layer of the white fabric restrictor there was also removed. If you look there it is a dual layer of the stuff. One on the inside and one layer on the outside which I have removed.
These are nuts now totally different, rumbling beast of a headphone. 55 mm driver. Forget the specs off handpost #281 of 44710/21/13 at 3:04ampost #282 of 44710/21/13 at 5:57am
LEFT - K250
RIGHT - K241 (just for comparison as I've posted it earlier - this one is faulty, so don't worry about the crease in the diaphragm).
Both have 5 dots in the middle.
Resolution and overall sound is about the same.post #283 of 44710/21/13 at 11:45am
My K 241 is red and my K 250 is white, as well (unless that's grey, there). Based on everything, it seems to be more or less the same driver shared by the two, so I wonder why AKG wanted white for the K 250.post #284 of 44710/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
5 dots.. those things i posted have 3 dots on them, forgot to mention, guess it's a resonance control thing?post #285 of 44710/21/13 at 2:26pm
Doubt it's for resonance control as that has more affect on the back-end of the opening port rather than the front or the baffle securing the driver.
I've pulled apart some cheap ebay headphones that have dots like that in the centre of the membrane.
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Need a Desktop Setup Recommendation. 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › The AK320 thread 8 minutes ago
- › HE-6 9 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...