Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 19post #271 of 4924/7/13 at 3:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #272 of 4924/8/13 at 11:29ampost #273 of 4924/8/13 at 11:02pmpost #274 of 4924/9/13 at 2:58ampost #275 of 4925/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #276 of 4927/5/13 at 4:11pmpost #277 of 4927/5/13 at 4:33pmpost #278 of 4929/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #279 of 4929/13/13 at 12:29ampost #280 of 49210/21/13 at 3:00am
Unknown make or year but absolutely pounding and gorgeous, but for some peakiness. So off to a transplant open back shell they go.
AUDITION brand in a shell that looks like an old Marantz, rivalling the biggest headphones ever made they are that large.
55 mm / 2 1/4 inch, unvented rears except for around base of magnet enclosure. My Dynamat added there of course.
Modded Philips 9000 Cineos driver.
Look at that stupid decal there obscuring the driver vent. What sort of vent is THAT???LOL What were they thinking. Off it went and added Dynamat. I had to also remove the glue plug with the same small pinhole poked through that from that hole.
An entire layer of the white fabric restrictor there was also removed. If you look there it is a dual layer of the stuff. One on the inside and one layer on the outside which I have removed.
These are nuts now totally different, rumbling beast of a headphone. 55 mm driver. Forget the specs off handpost #281 of 49210/21/13 at 3:04ampost #282 of 49210/21/13 at 5:57am
LEFT - K250
RIGHT - K241 (just for comparison as I've posted it earlier - this one is faulty, so don't worry about the crease in the diaphragm).
Both have 5 dots in the middle.
Resolution and overall sound is about the same.post #283 of 49210/21/13 at 11:45am
My K 241 is red and my K 250 is white, as well (unless that's grey, there). Based on everything, it seems to be more or less the same driver shared by the two, so I wonder why AKG wanted white for the K 250.post #284 of 49210/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
5 dots.. those things i posted have 3 dots on them, forgot to mention, guess it's a resonance control thing?post #285 of 49210/21/13 at 2:26pm
Doubt it's for resonance control as that has more affect on the back-end of the opening port rather than the front or the baffle securing the driver.
I've pulled apart some cheap ebay headphones that have dots like that in the centre of the membrane.
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Add powered sub to powered 2.0 Speakers (Swan D1080MKII 08) 26 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 27 seconds ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 34 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 37 seconds ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 47 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 55 seconds ago
- › FS: ifi ican, idac2, ipurifier and iusb 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum Pavane 4 minutes ago
- › WIN A FIDUE SIRIUS / SILVERFI IEM-X / TOXIC SILVER WIDOW -... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear