Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3144/8/13 at 11:29ampost #273 of 3144/8/13 at 11:02pmpost #274 of 3144/9/13 at 2:58ampost #275 of 3145/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #276 of 3147/5/13 at 4:11pmpost #277 of 3147/5/13 at 4:33pmpost #278 of 3149/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #279 of 3149/13/13 at 12:29ampost #280 of 31410/21/13 at 3:00am
Unknown make or year but absolutely pounding and gorgeous, but for some peakiness. So off to a transplant open back shell they go.
AUDITION brand in a shell that looks like an old Marantz, rivalling the biggest headphones ever made they are that large.
55 mm / 2 1/4 inch, unvented rears except for around base of magnet enclosure. My Dynamat added there of course.
Modded Philips 9000 Cineos driver.
Look at that stupid decal there obscuring the driver vent. What sort of vent is THAT???LOL What were they thinking. Off it went and added Dynamat. I had to also remove the glue plug with the same small pinhole poked through that from that hole.
An entire layer of the white fabric restrictor there was also removed. If you look there it is a dual layer of the stuff. One on the inside and one layer on the outside which I have removed.
These are nuts now totally different, rumbling beast of a headphone. 55 mm driver. Forget the specs off handpost #281 of 31410/21/13 at 3:04ampost #282 of 31410/21/13 at 5:57am
LEFT - K250
RIGHT - K241 (just for comparison as I've posted it earlier - this one is faulty, so don't worry about the crease in the diaphragm).
Both have 5 dots in the middle.
Resolution and overall sound is about the same.post #283 of 31410/21/13 at 11:45am
My K 241 is red and my K 250 is white, as well (unless that's grey, there). Based on everything, it seems to be more or less the same driver shared by the two, so I wonder why AKG wanted white for the K 250.post #284 of 31410/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
5 dots.. those things i posted have 3 dots on them, forgot to mention, guess it's a resonance control thing?post #285 of 31410/21/13 at 2:26pm
Doubt it's for resonance control as that has more affect on the back-end of the opening port rather than the front or the baffle securing the driver.
I've pulled apart some cheap ebay headphones that have dots like that in the centre of the membrane.
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 2 minutes ago
- › Soundstage Width and Cross-feed: Some Observations 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ultrasone Pro 750 or 900 3 minutes ago
- › Do you dream about headphones now? 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 6 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 6 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 9 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)