Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3064/8/13 at 11:29ampost #273 of 3064/8/13 at 11:02pmpost #274 of 3064/9/13 at 2:58ampost #275 of 3065/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #276 of 3067/5/13 at 4:11pmpost #277 of 3067/5/13 at 4:33pmpost #278 of 3069/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #279 of 3069/13/13 at 12:29ampost #280 of 30610/21/13 at 3:00am
Unknown make or year but absolutely pounding and gorgeous, but for some peakiness. So off to a transplant open back shell they go.
AUDITION brand in a shell that looks like an old Marantz, rivalling the biggest headphones ever made they are that large.
55 mm / 2 1/4 inch, unvented rears except for around base of magnet enclosure. My Dynamat added there of course.
Modded Philips 9000 Cineos driver.
Look at that stupid decal there obscuring the driver vent. What sort of vent is THAT???LOL What were they thinking. Off it went and added Dynamat. I had to also remove the glue plug with the same small pinhole poked through that from that hole.
An entire layer of the white fabric restrictor there was also removed. If you look there it is a dual layer of the stuff. One on the inside and one layer on the outside which I have removed.
These are nuts now totally different, rumbling beast of a headphone. 55 mm driver. Forget the specs off handpost #281 of 30610/21/13 at 3:04ampost #282 of 30610/21/13 at 5:57am
LEFT - K250
RIGHT - K241 (just for comparison as I've posted it earlier - this one is faulty, so don't worry about the crease in the diaphragm).
Both have 5 dots in the middle.
Resolution and overall sound is about the same.post #283 of 30610/21/13 at 11:45am
My K 241 is red and my K 250 is white, as well (unless that's grey, there). Based on everything, it seems to be more or less the same driver shared by the two, so I wonder why AKG wanted white for the K 250.post #284 of 30610/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
5 dots.. those things i posted have 3 dots on them, forgot to mention, guess it's a resonance control thing?post #285 of 30610/21/13 at 2:26pm
Doubt it's for resonance control as that has more affect on the back-end of the opening port rather than the front or the baffle securing the driver.
I've pulled apart some cheap ebay headphones that have dots like that in the centre of the membrane.
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 21 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 23 seconds ago
- › MA750,DN1000 or M200 for the road 46 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 54 seconds ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 55 seconds ago
- › Audinst vs beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Better than the Uber Bifrost 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob