Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about AKGs... Last post on 12/18/11 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does anywhere still sell Sennheiser HD590 drivers? Last post on 11/10/11 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- The HD590's sound better than the K701's am I crazy? Last post on 10/9/11 at 11:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
The Headphone Driver Pics Thread - Page 19post #271 of 4614/7/13 at 3:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #272 of 4614/8/13 at 11:29ampost #273 of 4614/8/13 at 11:02pmpost #274 of 4614/9/13 at 2:58ampost #275 of 4615/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #276 of 4617/5/13 at 4:11pmpost #277 of 4617/5/13 at 4:33pmpost #278 of 4619/12/13 at 8:13pmpost #279 of 4619/13/13 at 12:29ampost #280 of 46110/21/13 at 3:00am
Unknown make or year but absolutely pounding and gorgeous, but for some peakiness. So off to a transplant open back shell they go.
AUDITION brand in a shell that looks like an old Marantz, rivalling the biggest headphones ever made they are that large.
55 mm / 2 1/4 inch, unvented rears except for around base of magnet enclosure. My Dynamat added there of course.
Modded Philips 9000 Cineos driver.
Look at that stupid decal there obscuring the driver vent. What sort of vent is THAT???LOL What were they thinking. Off it went and added Dynamat. I had to also remove the glue plug with the same small pinhole poked through that from that hole.
An entire layer of the white fabric restrictor there was also removed. If you look there it is a dual layer of the stuff. One on the inside and one layer on the outside which I have removed.
These are nuts now totally different, rumbling beast of a headphone. 55 mm driver. Forget the specs off handpost #281 of 46110/21/13 at 3:04ampost #282 of 46110/21/13 at 5:57am
LEFT - K250
RIGHT - K241 (just for comparison as I've posted it earlier - this one is faulty, so don't worry about the crease in the diaphragm).
Both have 5 dots in the middle.
Resolution and overall sound is about the same.post #283 of 46110/21/13 at 11:45am
My K 241 is red and my K 250 is white, as well (unless that's grey, there). Based on everything, it seems to be more or less the same driver shared by the two, so I wonder why AKG wanted white for the K 250.post #284 of 46110/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
5 dots.. those things i posted have 3 dots on them, forgot to mention, guess it's a resonance control thing?post #285 of 46110/21/13 at 2:26pm
Doubt it's for resonance control as that has more affect on the back-end of the opening port rather than the front or the baffle securing the driver.
I've pulled apart some cheap ebay headphones that have dots like that in the centre of the membrane.
- The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 25 seconds ago
- › My haphazard journey into turning a Sennheiser HD 800 into a HD... 50 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Help choosing headphones 53 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear