Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Where is Ken Law?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is Ken Law?

post #1 of 217
Thread Starter 
I sent him an email about 2 weeks ago asking him if the D02A was still on for September. I have yet to get any reply. I sent him another email a day or two ago, with no reply. I have talked to two other people who also ordered a D02A and they have not been able to contact them either.

Does anybody know where he is or what is going on?

Posting this thread is kind of a last resort.
post #2 of 217
I've tried contacting him as well with no luck at all. Akwok mentioned calling him, having his wife answer, and saying that he was at the shop a lot. So, we can only hope that he's just working really hard to finish the first batch of DAC's. I know that there was some delay with the PCB's, but the last time I talked to him, almost two weeks ago, he said that the Dac's were at the anodizing stage. So, all we can really do is just sit and wait.
post #3 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellafella321
I've tried contacting him as well with no luck at all. Akwok mentioned calling him, having his wife answer, and saying that he was at the shop a lot. So, we can only hope that he's just working really hard to finish the first batch of DAC's. I know that there was some delay with the PCB's, but the last time I talked to him, almost two weeks ago, he said that the Dac's were at the anodizing stage. So, all we can really do is just sit and wait.
No - everytime I've tried calling him, there has been no answer. I've been calling him everyday now.

RinceWind mentioned that Coem Audio was able to get a hold of his wife, not me.
post #4 of 217
Any head-fiers in HK know his whereabouts?
post #5 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabwong
Any head-fiers in HK know his whereabouts?
Actually.

If anybody still has the shipping slip that was supplied through EMS or DHL when their DAC was shipped (D02), a valid address is provided. I threw my sheet away a while ago, as it's been 8 months, but surely someone still has it? If so, please post the address.
post #6 of 217
Edit.

If he doesn't surface this week, perhaps someone in HK can help us check up on him?
post #7 of 217

running away

i really doubt he will run away with the money. There are much simpler ways to cheat money in shorter time. I really can't see anyone going through all those delicate planning (u mean he designed a quality dac from scratch to cheat ppl into buying a 2nd one??) for like $500 per person??

What i will be more worried about is whether he can come up with a quality dac
for such a fair price. I guess he is just engrossed in his work right now. From the previous incidents, its clear ken is an engineer and not a relationship manager. Y not let him concentrate on what he does best and wait for your xmas presents?
=)
post #8 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig
i really doubt he will run away with the money. There are much simpler ways to cheat money in shorter time. I really can't see anyone going through all those delicate planning (u mean he designed a quality dac from scratch to cheat ppl into buying a 2nd one??) for like $500 per person??

What i will be more worried about is whether he can come up with a quality dac
for such a fair price. I guess he is just engrossed in his work right now. From the previous incidents, its clear ken is an engineer and not a relationship manager. Y not let him concentrate on what he does best and wait for your xmas presents?
=)
So, the fact that he suddenly disappeared off the face of the planet 3 weeks ago, while disconnecting all phone lines, and with $8000+ in his pocket is not reason for concern?

I don't know about you, but I'd sure as hell want this issue to be resolved as soon as possible, before the 40 day timer for Paypal disputes runs out.

If anyone knows Ken well, it's me - and I definitely think something fishy is going on. Even if he is legit, cutting ties to everybody (even his distributors in Korea, Singapore, and Australia) for 3 weeks just to 'work' is totally unacceptable.
post #9 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig
And i dont see why ken's mum shld get involved in this......
Man, I hate that you guys are going through this. Absolutely no excuse for the lack of communication. As for involving his mother, I don't see a problem with someone taking the step of respectfully contacting her to check on a way to get in touch with her son. Ken really has only himself to blame for folks taking that step as he's not been the least bit responsive. There's no way I can believe he doesn't know how frustrated and concerned the customers are. For him to ignore the situation is plain wrong. Yeah, I know the explanation is likely that he's working hard but still, an email reply doesn't take a lot of time or effort. Even if it's to akwok or another poster here who could share the information with the rest of the folks who've ordered. Anything but silence.

I'm pulling for you guys. Again, it stinks that you've got to go through this. Hang in there!
post #10 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig
Nor does it concerns ken's mum, does it?
Do you have Ken's address then? Do you have his working phone number? Do you have any means of contact other than e-mail?

No?

Then the only information we have is his mother's address, and that's all we can hold onto for any chance of seeing either our D02As or money back.

Stop trolling.
post #11 of 217
I am also waiting for a dac from Ken Law. It's been about 9 weeks since I sent him the payment... haven't heard a peep since.
post #12 of 217
akwok, What would be the disadvantage of getting the ball rolling on a PayPal dispute? The worst that I can see that would happen is Ken might get a bit huffy if he actually is working on the DACs, but it sounds like he needs a reality check. This just doesn't sound right, and you guys have every right to dispute payment at this point. If he's legitimately working on finishing the DACs, he can show PayPal proof of that, and the dispute won't need to go further. It's surely not my place to tell you how to deal with this problem, but I empathize with your situation, and can't see a downside to filing a dispute.
post #13 of 217
Isn't their limit 30 days?
post #14 of 217
I cleaned the thread up a bit. Let's keep it on topic. If you are not involved in the situation or having nothing to offer to help the situation, then you have no reason to post in this thread.
post #15 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion
I cleaned the thread up a bit. Let's keep it on topic. If you are not involved in the situation or having nothing to offer to help the situation, then you have no reason to post in this thread.
Thanks tyrion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Where is Ken Law?