- 504 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica L3000tagged by System, 5/11/11
- productBose Companion 2 Series II multimedia speaker systemtagged by System, 8/29/11
- brandGerman Maestrotagged by AmberOzL, 7/24/13
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/29/11
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 2/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 11/7/11More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 9/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which Grado? Last post on 4/30/11 at 7:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing new headphones. Last post on 1/11/12 at 2:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- 200-300 dollar cans for alternative rock. Last post on 9/15/11 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Headphone Sightings 2 - Page 706post #10576 of 123111/22/14 at 8:42pmAnybody else seen the ESPN guys covering the Aussie Open? Are those amperiors w/ a boom mike?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10577 of 123111/22/14 at 9:31pmQuote:
HD-25 variant that I don't remember the name of. All the cool cats on sports broadcasting have them lol
EDIT: HMD-25 I is what they're called apparently
Edited by linglingjr - 1/22/14 at 9:33pmpost #10578 of 123111/22/14 at 10:18pmpost #10579 of 123111/23/14 at 6:24pmpost #10580 of 123111/23/14 at 6:38pmpost #10581 of 123111/24/14 at 2:41pmpost #10582 of 123111/24/14 at 3:12pmpost #10583 of 123111/24/14 at 3:27pmpost #10584 of 123111/24/14 at 4:06pmpost #10585 of 123111/24/14 at 4:10pmpost #10586 of 123111/24/14 at 5:07pmpost #10587 of 123111/24/14 at 8:40pm
The door is that way, and you can show yourself out
Forreal though, this is what some people i know that own the studios do lol
Edited by Endcode - 1/24/14 at 8:59pmpost #10588 of 123111/24/14 at 10:43pmQuote:
You remind me of why I don't hang out with them xD
I usually call it "autobreak" "autophile"
Get back to topic!
I kind of miss seeing my girl - best friend's earphone... Cheap but they sound surprisingly good xDpost #10589 of 123111/25/14 at 12:18ampost #10590 of 123111/25/14 at 2:58amIt's been a really stressful (and tiring) 60 hours, but throughout the my trip I've seen some good headphones. Sadly, I've been having some trouble with Wi-Fi so I couldn't type quickly since I have to make do with my phone. That, and I can't write bulleted lists...
Any unidentified headphones （unless brand is identified）, as well as Beats Studios, Solos and Solo HDs （except the latest models） will be excluded.
At the Pudong-Shanghai International Airport, I found:
● B&O BeoPlay on-ear （forgot model name）
● Beats Wireless
● Sony on-ear
● Bose wireless headset
On the plane bound for Hong Kong, I found:
● Marshall Major
● Parrot Zik
In the Hong Kong International Airport, I found a store called Empire（?) Audio with these headphones:
● Denon D7100
● Ultrasone Edition 12
● FAD (Final Audio Design) Piano Forte
● Sony MDR-1R
● iRiver DAPs
(All above are for sale and have pics which I'll post below. The rest don't have pictures and/or are spotted on heads.)
● Sennheiser HD 598, Momentum On & Over-Ear (for sale without pics)
● Sol Republic IEMs
● HD 202(?)
(On a head.)
I didn't find anything on the plane to Cebu (which is obviously where I am now), so I'm going to skip to the hee and now. I found a Sony store, which had a PS4 up on display, as well as the MacBook Air-fighting Vaio Pro 13. As for headphones, I found:
● MDR-1R and NC variant
● XB 600? (Forgot the name, but it's the X-Factor headphones without the X-Factor name on them)
● XB60EX and 90EX
● Some of their cheaper (and crappier) IEMs.
I was able to demo the 1R (not the NC) and the 90ex. Sadly I don't have pics since my Wi-Fi sucks. Bummer, but the Piano Forte was a hell of a find.
- Headphone Sightings 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 9 seconds ago
- › Glue inside Shure SE215 buds? 55 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...