- 6,295 Posts. Joined 6/2003
- Location: Somewhere between Earth and Cloud 9
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 201 or Koss KSC75? Last post on 12/17/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are headphones like washing powder? Last post on 9/26/13 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I buy the ATH M50 or M50s for running/working out? Last post on 7/18/11 at 7:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Best headphones to go to bed with? - Page 2post #16 of 477/8/05 at 3:16pmI always use silicone sleeves when I take my IEM's to bed with me...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 477/8/05 at 3:16pmsenn 650's - those were awesome to fall asleep to, very comfortable for me, like the softness of the pads as well, very pillow ergonomic as well.
And if you have a hard time sleeping, the 650's actually helped me go to sleep, its smooth sound was like a culling song that lulled me to sleeppost #18 of 477/8/05 at 3:23pmThread StarterI am getting a e2c by shure. I have a HD600 and the problem with it is you can't roll around while wearing it isn't that sad?
correction: I am getting a er6i from buy.com finally. I don't know if these iem are my thing or not. I guess I'll not know unless I try them out.post #19 of 477/8/05 at 3:28pmAnother vote for "whatever ones she's wearing" but I'd say the best bet by far would be customized IEMs (but perhaps that is equally obvious).
Of the full size headphones that I've tried, the DT880's worked best in terms of comfort. The only problem is that they are open so you do need to keep the pillow away from the headphones or it will distort the sound. I suspect something like the DT770's or DT990's would work even better (same comfort factor, plus a closed design).post #20 of 477/8/05 at 3:28pmpost #21 of 477/8/05 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jasper994I always use silicone sleeves when I take my IEM's to bed with me...
This thread is so dirty.
Anyway, I like the er6i's. Very comfortable.post #22 of 477/8/05 at 3:44pmThread Starterpost #23 of 477/8/05 at 3:49pmThe HD 650 are very convenient because in spite of its circumaural design, the earcups don't extend far to the back like the Beyerdynamic DT880 or Sony CD3000 do. In that regard, Grados have the same benefit due to their supraaural design. I don't like falling asleep with Etys or Shure simply because the big phones sound so much better.post #24 of 477/8/05 at 3:49pmpost #25 of 473/25/11 at 1:34pm
These are the only headphones I sleep with, if you call them that. They are just like a headband. They aren't bulky, and a must buy if you like to listen to music in bed.post #26 of 473/25/11 at 4:38pmpost #27 of 473/25/11 at 4:59pm
1. Circum-aural cans : around the ears.
2. Supra-aural cans : on ears.
3. IEM : In ear monitor.
Circum and Supra aural cans are designed with earcups either on or around the ears while IEMs are designed for cavity penetration ( inside the ear canals ) .post #28 of 473/25/11 at 5:00pmpost #29 of 473/25/11 at 5:04pm
- Best headphones to go to bed with?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 4 minutes ago
- › Finally Hit A Digital Milestone 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 9 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 13 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear