- 1,887 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for reference headphones Last post on 7/18/12 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 216post #3226 of 35977/29/13 at 10:31am^So HD600 is the best of the bunch when comparing unmodded to unmodded. What do you like so much about K250 even though it's pretty low on objective performance?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 35977/29/13 at 10:34ampost #3228 of 35977/29/13 at 11:23am
The HD 600 are good for out-of-box performance, relatively speaking, though price is their issue. For a used HD 600, you can get five used pairs of Yamaha or three used pairs of Unipolar - you see the problem.
The DT 990 are marked modded, though the only mod on them is that I stuffed the old flattened pads with some cotton. Even with flat pads, I liked them better than the K 601 I had a week before.
The K 250 are very skewed in the treble response (very bright) and not as clean in decay as some of the others, so they score lower on performance. It's a Sextett-based driver and those tend to be subjectively enjoyable, still.
Edited by vid - 7/29/13 at 11:25ampost #3229 of 35977/29/13 at 6:49pm
AKG K702 (with Anniversary pads) - Wished it had just a little more bass. A little less bass and they would be gone.
Vsonic GR07 - Small, portable, sound great, great sub-bass, good isolation. What more does a growing boy need?
AKG K550 - Comfy, incredible sub-bass, great isolation.
Beyerdynamic DT1350 - I would rank these higher if not for the clamping force.
Alessandro MS-2 - They sound great, but they are a pain in the ass to use.
Sennheiser Momentum - Fun and beautiful. A little too much bass or they would rank higher.
Sony MDR-7550 - An IEM with very little isolation. They sound great, but if a mosquito flies by, you will hear it.
Sennheiser PX100 - Probably my favorite headphone. I take them everywhere - they have been with me for ages and I will probably ask to be buried with them on when I kick the bucket.
T-Peos H-100 - Really good, but they acquired a bad rep on this site.
Sennheiser MX760 - One of the best earbuds I've heard.
Apple EarPods - Not bad...not good. They came with my iPhone 5, so I can't complain.
Sennheiser PX200 - I don't like them much...I gave them to my girlfriend.
Edited by elvergun - 7/29/13 at 8:03pmpost #3230 of 35977/29/13 at 9:07pmpost #3231 of 35977/29/13 at 10:46pmQuote:That seems like a contradiction to me......
Sorry. I should clarify , what I meant is that the HD598 sounds spacious but too laid-back. The HD558 was more enjoyable for me due to its more forward nature.post #3232 of 35977/30/13 at 8:13ampost #3233 of 35977/31/13 at 1:08ampost #3234 of 35977/31/13 at 3:22amQuote:
Yes please. Thanks. PM how you feel about the combination (supposedly good match), so we don't drift this thread off topic with impressions.post #3235 of 35977/31/13 at 9:50ampost #3236 of 35977/31/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
Skip AIAIAI, they're disappointingly mediocre.post #3237 of 35977/31/13 at 6:46pm
I'm a couple of months into this crazy game, but I'll list how I think everything performs in order of goodness.
Fischer Audio FA011
To be sold
Fischer Audio FA006
I've got no upgraditis at the moment. I'm really happy with the FA011 and the MS1
Stock Galaxy S3
Stock Galaxy S
Arriving soon - Fischer Audio Tandem, which I'm hoping will blow these other two out of the water.post #3238 of 35977/31/13 at 8:34pm
+1, I got the Beatport edition of the TMA-1 for a deal from a friend of mine, and it was warm to the point of mush. I don't really understand the hype train that was going for it about a year or two ago.post #3239 of 35978/1/13 at 6:23amQuote:
The hype started with anythingbutipod.com . The guy stated it was his favorite portable solution of the moment.
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › TEAC DS-H01 or Pure i20 ? Please help. 26 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni + Modi combo WANT TO BUY 56 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 3 minutes ago
- › JH16Pro customs vs Roxanne universals 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Watch-Fi Pictures Thread (No Talking Permitted) 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi