Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones › Reviews › Snake Eyes's Review

...

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones

Snake Eyes

Pros: They look like something out of TRON

Sold me Edition 9's because of these because they deliver a bigger sound stage and all that compared to the Edition 9's. Maybe it's because the Edition 9's are closed headphones. Whatever they're my 2nd favourite headphone after the SR-009.

Nice detailed review, based off this review im gonna buy them :D ($2400?)
I think they're cheaper than that ($2,400) now and maybe I paid such a high price for them because I got one of the first pairs in Australia, that's what Syntec (that's who I bought it from) said anyway. I'm going back to me SR-009's now because something's not making any sense..... "I can hear things that I've never heard before". Have you head that in reviews? How about "I CAN'T hear things that I could hear before". That's my review of the SR-009's but I can't accept that, something has to be wrong.
Ed.9 is closed but the HD800 is better, just not as good as the HD800 - did I get it? PS: Where I live, the HD800 is 1450 USD, including 25% sales tax and 5 years extended warranty (watrranty is 5 years on all products that should be expected to last 5 years - by law) ....
"Ed.9 is closed but the HD800 is better, just not as good as the HD800"
"Just not as good as the HD800" is an understatement. Ed.9's are NOWHERE near as good as the HD800's. But then again everyone's different and maybe they'll float your boat. When I first heard them they were like that to me but when my HD800's came around I tried the Ed.9 again and my Ed.9 boat was nothing but an irrecoverable wreck. Anyway for the price of $1450 USD buy them if you want to stay dynamic otherwise save up, sell a few organs or whatever and go electrostatic like me. Even better... Visit someone who has both setups and then decide what you want other than taking a risk because that's a lot of money (to normal people like me anyway).
Haven't sold any organs yet - but I've sold off the HD800 ,) I found it too bright and lacking in bass quantity..
OK then and good luck in finding a headphone that meets your needs ;o) (if you haven't already)