Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 8, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #7,396 of 7,416
Found a code that worked, but when I tried to checkout it got removed. :frowning2:
New products, especially ones in-high demand, typically never have working codes. I don't think anyone is going to get discounts on DZ at least for the next month or two.

May 8, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #7,397 of 7,416
New products, especially ones in-high demand, typically never have working codes. I don't think anyone is going to get discounts on DZ at least for the next month or two.

I am aware of that. They literally just changed it (probably after reading this thread XD) cause now the code won’t even input anymore. Ah well.

May 9, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #7,398 of 7,416

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #7,399 of 7,416
I'll be fascinated to see impressions of Diana DZ vs TC.

I would fully hope that Joshua Valour is working on that video right now, or at least imminently. He primarily got me into Abyss, and we seem to share similar tastes which is handy.

May 9, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #7,400 of 7,416

I would fully hope that Joshua Valour is working on that video right now, or at least imminently. He primarily got me into Abyss, and we seem to share similar tastes which is handy.
I was able to get a short demo yesterday. I posted my quick impressions in the Abyss Headphones Owner's Club in Telegram, so for anyone in there this is redundant:

"I got to listen to three songs on the DZ, with a TC to switch back and forth to. Stack was a sagra DAC, Broadway amp, iPad w/tidal. I find the TC to be very comfortable already, but the DZ was substantially more comfortable. Hybrid pads where at least close enough to the full leathers to be indistinguishable from each other. It was tough to assess the resolution specifically, as the TC are already excellent, but the DZ were more dynamic with wider stage and better imaging."

The DZ did also need less on the gain to achieve the same volume as the TC.

May 9, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #7,401 of 7,416
I couldn’t resist. DZ ordered!

May 10, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #7,402 of 7,416

Josh Valor is the Abyss my friend.

May 10, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #7,403 of 7,416
May 10, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #7,404 of 7,416
I was able to get a short demo yesterday. I posted my quick impressions in the Abyss Headphones Owner's Club in Telegram, so for anyone in there this is redundant:

"I got to listen to three songs on the DZ, with a TC to switch back and forth to. Stack was a sagra DAC, Broadway amp, iPad w/tidal. I find the TC to be very comfortable already, but the DZ was substantially more comfortable. Hybrid pads where at least close enough to the full leathers to be indistinguishable from each other. It was tough to assess the resolution specifically, as the TC are already excellent, but the DZ were more dynamic with wider stage and better imaging."

The DZ did also need less on the gain to achieve the same volume as the TC.
I'd be interested in the TC vs DZ comparison using the Abyss Superconductor HP upgrade cable. The cable upgrade made a big positive difference for me with my TC.

May 10, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #7,405 of 7,416
I'd be interested in the TC vs DZ comparison using the Abyss Superconductor HP upgrade cable. The cable upgrade made a big positive difference for me with my TC.

I only had an SC cable so unfortunately I do not have that comparison.

May 14, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #7,407 of 7,416
Anyone know if they will make the headband available for purchase (to be used with other Dianas?). I emailed them a while back and got no response.

They said it’s not gonna happen. I’m not sure you can just slap it on..

May 15, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #7,410 of 7,416
Just curious- how do the bass ported pads compare to dekoni pads in terms of comfort? I have the v1 pads and the OG Phi pads, which were both uncomfy after some time due to the pressure..
IMO, the newer pads are plush. I have been bass ported, and they are soft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back