Sony Xperia 1VI, at last an audiophile phone?
May 12, 2024 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

chortya

100+ Head-Fier
"Audio: Enhanced Sound Experience

A new high-performance audio chip and circuit improvements promise an even more dynamic, clear sound experience compared to the Xperia 1 V. Hi-Res Audio, Hi-Res Audio Wireless, 360 Reality Audio, LDAC, DSEE Ultimate, and even a 3.5mm jack ensure both wired and wireless audio excellence. Audiophiles will appreciate that Sony Pictures and Sony Music engineers have tuned the sound profile of the Xperia 1 VI’s speaker, delivering enhanced bass and clarity."

https://mspoweruser.com/exclusive-s...proved-telephoto-snapdragon-8-gen-3-and-more/

I choose to believe...

May 16, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #7 of 12
Sony phones have pretty much always used same class d Dac/amp chip as their Walkman players, called S master HX. Can always spot it by the ridiculously low power output.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 12
Here a new premium Dac it says in Swedish.
Om sure the same as is in English.

Earlier models never bragged about this as I remember.

Screenshot_20240518-215814.png

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #11 of 12
Doubt the actual output is significantly more than the predecessors... But it's an audiophile phone in many other ways like it's dual front facing speakers. The speakers on the 1V was already quite good, but it's been improved even more.

Also supports basically every Bluetooth codec, one of the few phones that isn't from a Chinese manufacturer that do.

May 23, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #12 of 12
Doubt the actual output is significantly more than the predecessors... But it's an audiophile phone in many other ways like it's dual front facing speakers. The speakers on the 1V was already quite good, but it's been improved even more.

Also supports basically every Bluetooth codec, one of the few phones that isn't from a Chinese manufacturer that do.
In a Sony video the boss/man claimed 50% louder jack than Xperia 1V and better channel separation for better audio quality.

And the ads show Premium audio circuitry (the Dac).
And in my knowledge they never bragged about this in earlier versions.

Not premium audio circuitry.

Just premium audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back