SONY NW-ZX700
May 21, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #2,731 of 2,742
Sony DAPS don't resample with the native Walkman Player, but all other apps are resampled to either 16/48 or 32/192 depending on the High-Res streaming setting.
Thanks, that's one question down!

I don't think I worded my other ones well.

1) I think Walkman Player will read m3u playlist files stored in the MUSIC/ folder root, but does anyone know if these are then editable - I can add further songs to the playlists they store?

2) If so, can these edited playlists be exported back to a Windows music player, presumably Sony Music Center if that thing is still going?

May 21, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #2,732 of 2,742
Thanks, that's one question down!

I don't think I worded my other ones well.

1) I think Walkman Player will read m3u playlist files stored in the MUSIC/ folder root, but does anyone know if these are then editable - I can add further songs to the playlists they store?

2) If so, can these edited playlists be exported back to a Windows music player, presumably Sony Music Center if that thing is still going?
Some info here.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-zx700.966466/post-17810079

Managing/creating Playlists on the Sony is not straightforward. I was able to do it on Hiby players, but not on the Sony.
I believe it will read the playlists from the root, but I've had problems finding where the playlist created on the DAP are stored.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #2,734 of 2,742
Some info here.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-zx700.966466/post-17810079

Managing/creating Playlists on the Sony is not straightforward. I was able to do it on Hiby players, but not on the Sony.
I believe it will read the playlists from the root, but I've had problems finding where the playlist created on the DAP are stored.
Thanks for sharing, yes I had read the earlier post - confirms Walkman Player reading m3u but not export capabilities for edited playlists. From your experience it sounds like it will be tricky. That's a dealbreaker for me, unfortunately. A pity, this almost got me back into DAPs!

May 22, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #2,735 of 2,742
Just got my zx707 and damn I'm disappointed in the volume. I figured it wouldn't be an issue since im not using high impedence headphones but some songs are simply too quiet. big shame. I'll be sending this back and looking in to something else.
But the gubbermint says that's too loud!

May 22, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #2,738 of 2,742
Does anyone else use Amazon Music on the 707? I periodically go into the app store to update the Amazon app, and when I checked yesterday, the app store claims that the device no longer supports the Amazon Music app. The app appears to be working fine. I guess it just wont receive future updates? This is very weird given that the Amazon Music app is widely used. Does anyone know what's going on?

May 22, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #2,739 of 2,742
Tried 2 days of Amazon music. Even though there was 28 free days left.

May 22, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #2,741 of 2,742
It was about 3 weeks ago. On the phone. Android.

May 22, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #2,742 of 2,742
Does anyone else use Amazon Music on the 707? I periodically go into the app store to update the Amazon app, and when I checked yesterday, the app store claims that the device no longer supports the Amazon Music app. The app appears to be working fine. I guess it just wont receive future updates? This is very weird given that the Amazon Music app is widely used. Does anyone know what's going on?

I guess you can download updated APKs from something like Apkpure.

It may well have something to do with the Android version, and not necessarily with the device itself, though it has Android 13 now, right? Even so, Android 12 is not the oldest out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back