SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Balanced AMP!
May 8, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #1,171 of 1,174
I've been listening 100% to my estats since I got them.

Been rearranging my audio setup and I hooked up the SP200 for the first time in months. Man what a great little amp. Might be the best amp on the market for performance/price ratio. Was playing Alan Wake 2 using EqualizerAPO for EQ, sounded amazing with my HD800/Arya Organic. Plenty of power to spare.

I like the SP200 more then my Midgard.

May 11, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,172 of 1,174
Let's bump the oldies but goldies! I today finally did some rework on coupling department with Panasonic FM 35V 220uf and some same serie elkos under the board. Got to love psychoacoustics, I think that this scalpel of a amplifier, can't say tamed down because damn it's banging, but let's say it woke up! Sounds like it tries once again! My local retailer gave me the best he had under the table and tried to surprise me, well that went well!
smsl.jpg

May 11, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,173 of 1,174
Let's bump the oldies but goldies! I today finally did some rework on coupling department with Panasonic FM 35V 220uf and some same serie elkos under the board. Got to love psychoacoustics, I think that this scalpel of a amplifier, can't say tamed down because damn it's banging, but let's say it woke up! Sounds like it tries once again! My local retailer gave me the best he had under the table and tried to surprise me, well that went well!
smsl.jpg

It looks like part of your stack consists of the S.M.S.L SP200 & the M200. But when looking closely at said stack, the units look slightly different then mine, and I am not just talking about the color of the units. Does S.M.S.L have newer units now?

I did mod my SP200 to have a golden aluminum volume knob though, this is not stock.
11247449.jpg

And here it is paired with my Denon AH-D9200's.
IMG-6120.jpg

Thanks for sharing your lovely picture of your audio stack!

May 11, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #1,174 of 1,174
It looks like part of your stack consists of the S.M.S.L SP200 & the M200. But when looking closely at said stack, the units look slightly different then mine, and I am not just talking about the color of the units. Does S.M.S.L have newer units now?

I did mod my SP200 to have a golden aluminum volume knob though, this is not stock.
11247449.jpg

And here it is paired with my Denon AH-D9200's.
IMG-6120.jpg

Thanks for sharing your lovely picture of your audio stack!
Yeah I've seen your's many times on this forum, still going? On top of I modded the volume knobs, I also reworked the cases and now afterwards I did the re-capping just for test as it was the first time in my life (since I had read mixed results here and of course have read the real studies that show that not many can hear the difference, I can but the motives can be different, even autonomic!). Thanks to you, I probably understood that hey, you can do something for your gear if you like to look it like something else, no need to buy. That's why I have gotten back into soldering more since I haven't done any big projects in audio but I would like to get back my confidence to build some amplifier, one day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back