Pics: Funky old WB phones
Jun 28, 2001 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mbriant

Headphoneus Supremus
I got these from E-Bay a couple of weeks ago. They are only identified by the code " NAF 48490-1" and the enamel and metal Warner Brothers logo. The jack is made by Switchcraft.

They are filthy, but in excellent condition. The band is two metal rods covered in plastic tubing. All cables are covered in thick, flexible rubber which appears to be rubber sealed at every joint and where they enter the phones and stereo jack. Very durable. Grado could learn from this.

The earcups are made of rubber while the visible diaphragm cover is all metal. The pads are made of chamois leather. Dirty, but in great condition.

Notice the word "TOP", embossed upside down on the bottom of the earcups.........beats me?

And how do they sound?

Not good.

There's practically no bass at all, and although the mid and upper frequencies seemed balanced...almost good.... you get the feeling you're listening through a megaphone.

I know nothing else about them and would be anxious to find out how old they are. Any ideas?

Rumour has it they've been used extensively by both Cecil B. Demille AND Daffy Duck.
smily_headphones1.gif

View

View

View

Jun 28, 2001 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 5
joelongwood: LOL. Temporary insanity I guess. Something about the Warner Bros logo appealed to me. They only cost $17.
Besides, they're part of the history that has lead us all here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back