MOONDROP Earbuds Returns!
May 20, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #31 of 35
Just got mine!
Build is good, not too heavy once you've got foams on and they get a decent fit in my ears. Cable isn't the best, but also not really problematic apart from holding its shape. It isn't microphonic at least.
Sound is warm neutral, but fairly dark. Treble extension isn't there really. This leaves them lacking apparent detail and separation compared to something like the Yincrow X6.

Overall I'd say they're a bit pricey vs other buds when comparing sound quality alone. The build does make up for this to a degree though.
Huh. That's s bit disappointing, but like the other poster said they're meant to be used without foams. I guess. I've never used a pair of buds without foams on. Looks like the hard plastic wouldn't do well on the delicate tissue of the inner ear. But what do I know.

Well... I'm still going to get them. I got into the flathead game too late and missed out on the Nameless. And the Chaccone is way out of my price range. So the price is right on these. If I don't like wearing them without foams and don't like the sound with foams then I'm not out alot of dough.

Thanks for your impressions.

May 20, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #32 of 35
I posted my initial impressions in the Earbuds Round-Up thread, for those who may be interested. Tried them both with the stock foams and without foams at all. In short: the U2 are a pretty decent set with some quirks. I preferred them with foams on but they're still good with foams off, especially if you like treble. A very welcome return to the form factor from Moondrop.

May 21, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #33 of 35
Just received them. I'm really curious about the sound and comfort. It's been awhile since I've used earbuds.
1716292308163.png

May 22, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #34 of 35
I listened to the U-2's all the way through after 40 hours of burn-in and the U-2 has a great soundstage.

Fairly good treble and bass extension, and resolution is good.

The most striking feature of the U-2 is the soundstage.
With a headphone-like soundstage, the U-2 is pretty close I have ever listned to.

I hope this is the first in a new series and they release upper models.
I'm sure people are looking forward to it.

tmp.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back