Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
May 23, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #211 of 217
Regarding that claim... We do have to say something.

Here's some frequency measurements of MIAD-01 playing a local white noise file with some common streaming software.

As you can see from the FFT spectrum graph, by Nyquist theorem NetEase and QQ music is bypassing the 48khz src , while Hiby and Poweramp is having some problem(the graph goes down on 24khz, which is half the sampling freq).

For Hiby music and poweramp, they were suffering an SRC, probably because of built in limiter etc.

But that's still in normal range. NetEase and QQ use phone's hires signal path by default(One of the features of newer Android, developer can just utilize it)
Since Hiby and Poweramp are having problem, we did some research on them, and It turns out Poweramp use the original signal path(OpenSL ES) by default.

We adjusted the Poweramp settings to Hires Output and test Poweramp again, we can notice a dramatic improvement in test result:

Then we choose a competitor product that claims to bypass SRC globally:
Test result of aftermarket software on that device:
Poweramp software:

Hiby software:

Long story short:
Our conclusion is that the competitor product only bypasses SRC on the built in Hiby software either. If a third party software is not utilizing HiRes signal path, It will suffer from SRC.

Our stance on this matter is that Despite Android had added Hires support, It is up to the software developer to utilize that output option, NOT the hardware. If the software itself doesn’t specifically assign it to hires signal path, it will suffer SRC. Please select a software that utilizes the Hires audio channel.
Acouding to @Audiosentinel , he tested with both MIAD01's native music player and Hiby music player, and got the same results.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/loo...martphone-miad01.972582/page-14#post-18123587

Does it mean that currently the native music player also doesn't utilize the HiRes signal path and suffers from SRC?

May 23, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #212 of 217
Acouding to @Audiosentinel , he tested with both MIAD01's native music player and Hiby music player, and got the same results.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/loo...martphone-miad01.972582/page-14#post-18123587

Does it mean that currently the native music player also doesn't utilize the HiRes signal path and suffers from SRC?
The Native Music Player is, as far as i know, just a stock music Player unrelated to Moondrop.

At least that is what i understood. I tested it and noticed, this is just an average Android Stock Player.

I tested the FiiO Player App (which is pretty good) as well as the Sony App and some OpenSource Players from F-Droid and they all were Hi-Res Audio capable.

I did not test the Stock player as i personally considered it some crappy stock Android Player unrelated to Hifi Audio

May 23, 2024 at 4:26 AM Post #213 of 217
Has anyone tried Tidal, Qobuz or Apple Music to see if they bypass the SRC?

May 23, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #214 of 217
Has anyone tried Tidal, Qobuz or Apple Music to see if they bypass the SRC?
Afaik Tidal only supports Bit Perfect output with external USB DAC and even then not always.

Some DAPs suffer the issue that even when you plug an external DAC, Tidal will down convert to 16/48

May 23, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #215 of 217
Afaik Tidal only supports Bit Perfect output with external USB DAC and even then not always.

Some DAPs suffer the issue that even when you plug an external DAC, Tidal will down convert to 16/48
I've used Tidal on my R6P2 and my previous R6G3 and never had that issue with Tidal playing directly from the device

May 23, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #216 of 217
I've used Tidal on my R6P2 and my previous R6G3 and never had that issue with Tidal playing directly from the device
Die you measure if the output actually is High Res Audio? It won't tell you on it's own^^ it will just play the music and downscale it.

May 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #217 of 217
Die you measure if the output actually is High Res Audio? It won't tell you on it's own^^ it will just play the music and downscale it.
It shows in the top right corner of the screen on android what it’s outputting. So 192khz etc this also matches with what it shows if I connect my RU6 to it, as it shows the sample rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back