Holo Audio Bliss
May 18, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #3,286 of 3,298
IMG_3787.jpeg

Just joined the bliss gang:) Do you leave your units on permanently? (Power consumption not an issue) People do that with May which gets hot as well. Easy to leave it on with the display off
No, fully ON it eats up too much power (you'll feel it in your electricity bill). Leave it in standby mode and then turn it ON 20-30 minutes before use for best results.

May 18, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #3,287 of 3,298
No, fully ON it eats up too much power (you'll feel it in your electricity bill)
Solar panels:) that’s why I wrote consumption is not an issue
Leave it in standby mode and then turn it ON 20-30 minutes before use for best results.
From what I know it doesn’t have a standby mode. Mute button doesn’t cause it to consume less power

May 18, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #3,288 of 3,298

From what I know it doesn’t have a standby mode. Mute button doesn’t cause it to consume less power
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, then I suppose there's probably no harm in leaving it on indefinitely? Although, I'm not an electrical engineer by any measure, but leaving a Class A device on permanently seems like a recipe for that device to wear out sooner than otherwise. Sooner or later the constant heat is going to take its toll.

May 18, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #3,289 of 3,298
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, then I suppose there's probably no harm in leaving it on indefinitely? Although, I'm not an electrical engineer by any measure, but leaving a Class A device on permanently seems like a recipe for that device to wear out sooner than otherwise. Sooner or later the constant heat is going to take its toll.
I turn mine off as I believe the unit draws 60w even if just sitting there idle.

I've got 12 core TrueNas server with 15 HDDs, a Proxmox server, my Netgate router on 24/7.

Then there is the gaming and work PCs that are on most of the day.

I don't need to add my Bliss to the mix in terms of my Electric Bill.

I would love to do solar panels, but then I would have to deal with the homeowners association and that is not fun.

May 18, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #3,290 of 3,298
IMG_3787.jpeg

Just joined the bliss gang:) Do you leave your units on permanently? (Power consumption not an issue) People do that with May which gets hot as well. Easy to leave it on with the display off
I left mine on during burn in process of amp and purple fuse. During this time I turned off the display so there was no led on. Tim also advised to turn off display if you plan on keeping it on 24/7. After burn in process I turn off by pressing the button to leave on standby. Usually takes about 30 min warmup to sound correct.

May 18, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #3,291 of 3,298
I left mine on during burn in process of amp and purple fuse. During this time I turned off the display so there was no led on. Tim also advised to turn off display if you plan on keeping it on 24/7. After burn in process I turn off by pressing the button to leave on standby. Usually takes about 30 min warmup to sound correct.
Thanks, I’m also now leaving it to play for the night with display off. I don’t find it to be impactful as people describe it, even if I leave air gap with 1266 I don’t get deep bass, so I hope it’s a burn in thing

May 18, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #3,292 of 3,298
Thanks, I’m also now leaving it to play for the night with display off. I don’t find it to be impactful as people describe it, even if I leave air gap with 1266 I don’t get deep bass, so I hope it’s a burn in thing
Burn in is 100% a thing.

May 18, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #3,294 of 3,298

Standby mode is when you turn it off and the red led shows and lot the green

May 19, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #3,295 of 3,298
That is surprising. Mine makes my Susvara hit within a few hairs of my Mass Kobo-465. I do not remember when I first got it as it now has hundreds of hours on it.

Oh, do you have it in Low Z?
Yeah I switch between high and low. Connected to wandla dac which gives 9.5V, but I tried lowering too. It sounds great, but the dynamics are smooth so far

May 19, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #3,296 of 3,298
Yeah I switch between high and low. Connected to wandla dac which gives 9.5V, but I tried lowering too. It sounds great, but the dynamics are smooth so far
I had similar observation and experience with bliss. Would have loved extra bass heft

May 19, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #3,297 of 3,298
I had similar observation and experience with bliss. Would have loved extra bass heft
With Sus, Empy, ZMF AC and Solitaire P I have found it excellent in the bass. Now I also have the May DAC, but I have found it to have the same signature when connected to my N8 DAP as well.

Try playing this on it and see if the bass improves, especially the first track. This was recommended to me as a great track and album to compare bass on the WC thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back