Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #62,926 of 62,940
Those who are mentioning the ZX1's lacking bass - how would you compare them to the PerL Pro's?
To be honest. Most tws have less potential for bass than DPP
Even normal they're one of the bass thumping sets and it can be boosted to silly levels

Jun 2, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #62,929 of 62,940
Any advice for the best tws, under 100€, with LDAC, just for the sound quality ?
The only tws with LDAC I have is Liberty 3 pro.

Jun 2, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #62,930 of 62,940
Any advice for the best tws, under 100€, with LDAC, just for the sound quality ?
The only tws with LDAC I have is Liberty 3 pro.
Liberty 4 NC

Jun 2, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #62,932 of 62,940
Got the Aviots today. The bass is definitely underwhelming at first, but I did boost the three lowest frequencies with the EQ and it's overall a nice sound. Still gotta do a lot more listening but it is missing a touch of rumble even with that for my personal tastes. Wavelet and a 1.2db bass boost at 80 and under and now we are tapping some toes. Definitely more thoughts on these but have to A/B them and listen a lot more, plus tip roll more.
At the end of the day, it is still a planar type of bass. It is fast, accurate and punchy but kind of lack of rumble compared to DD bass. Easily EQ able to reach DD kind of bass, but still it won't move much "air" like a DD can. The good thing from most TWS with an EQ in the app is that the EQ will be saved in the earbuds and works with all devices afterward.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #62,933 of 62,940
At the end of the day, it is still a planar type of bass. It is fast, accurate and punchy but kind of lack of rumble compared to DD bass. Easily EQ able to reach DD kind of bass, but still it won't move much "air" like a DD can.
Which is odd considering they have DD. I wonder is it due to how they blend the different drivers together. Would be nice if they allow passing on more bass to the DD instead of the BAs

Jun 2, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #62,934 of 62,940
At the end of the day, it is still a planar type of bass. It is fast, accurate and punchy but kind of lack of rumble compared to DD bass. Easily EQ able to reach DD kind of bass, but still it won't move much "air" like a DD can. The good thing from most TWS with an EQ in the app is that the EQ will be saved in the earbuds and works with all devices afterward.
The supermoon bass is better. I've had it.

Jun 2, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #62,935 of 62,940
Which is odd considering they have DD. I wonder is it due to how they blend the different drivers together. Would be nice if they allow passing on more bass to the DD instead of the BAs
I am not sure how they tuned the ZX1 with their crossover setting, but to me, the bass is much more like a Planar type of bass than DD.

Jun 2, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #62,936 of 62,940
Got the Aviots today. The bass is definitely underwhelming at first, but I did boost the three lowest frequencies with the EQ and it's overall a nice sound. Still gotta do a lot more listening but it is missing a touch of rumble even with that for my personal tastes. Wavelet and a 1.2db bass boost at 80 and under and now we are tapping some toes. Definitely more thoughts on these but have to A/B them and listen a lot more, plus tip roll more.
Damn, you boosted the three lowest freq in the app. I tried it and it makes the bass muddy :sweat_smile:. The most I've added to the bass is the lowest freq on the EQ to +0.5 to 1db. I don't normally listen to bass heavy music tho.

Jun 2, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #62,937 of 62,940
The PNK have a nice refined sound. But for my tastes in music they are definitely a bit short in the bass impact and rumble department. A chunk of people would be fine with the Aviot bass depending on their music catalogue and personal tastes. I listen to a lot of beat driven music so that is what it is. When I A/B the Aviot with my other TWS, I do feel the Aviot are bringing something a bit better to the overall frequency range, but I'm missing that impact on the low end.

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #62,938 of 62,940
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #62,939 of 62,940
It's all about the tuning.

Jun 2, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #62,940 of 62,940
Speaking of ADV, I just picked these up earlier today:

IMG_3124.jpg IMG_3130.jpg IMG_3136.jpg

The M5-TWS CIEMs. Quite a departure from the usual TWS user experience, especially when it comes to charging, but it's truly novel as a result.

Edit: lol just as someone mentioned these very IEMs while I was writing this post.
Very nice. I also thought about them once, but then the price was raised from 499 to 699. How would you rate them, for example in comparison to the Airpods pro 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back