FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
May 20, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #1,036 of 1,039
Tinker with cables and power cords. I'm run a Supra LoRad copper power cord on my Pontus and the bass tightens up. With a Supra LoRAD silver cable, the soundstage gets bigger, more detail, but the bass softens. I have both silver and copper but prefer the copper on both my Pontus and Denafrips Artemis headphone amp, because of the bass.
I got the LoRAD 3x2.5 bluish copper cable for my Pontus and I concur. The bass punches and everything is a lot sweeter and even tames the chained Mentor's sharpness without losing nearly any resolution. Notes sustain a bit longer, but the background's still black. I might not even need an M-Field.

May 21, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,037 of 1,039
I got the LoRAD 3x2.5 bluish copper cable for my Pontus and I concur. The bass punches and everything is a lot sweeter and even tames the chained Mentor's sharpness without losing nearly any resolution. Notes sustain a bit longer, but the background's still black. I might not even need an M-Field.
Glad it worked out. With that you might even look at the cables connecting your equipment.

Generally speaking, silver-based cables / cords enhance treble, detail and soundstage; copper usually mid bass / bass, while making the soundstage more intimate (decreased soundstage). Again, generally speaking and also depending on equipment.

In the end it really comes down to what you favor. I prefer a wider stage and added micro-detail a hybrid copper / silver-based cable brings. But that's my system.

May 21, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #1,038 of 1,039
You haven’t burnt in the Mentor yet. The sibilance will be gone after about 50 hours or so.
It's happened. welp, time to tweak the chain some more haha

May 21, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #1,039 of 1,039
For the Mentor the Neotech [NEP-5002] upgrade cable Flux builds in house is fantastic but if you didnt get one I'd still buy an upgraded power cable. At least a Wireworld.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back