DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
May 21, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #991 of 999
Mine seems to have a bit wider gap between the shaft and the body than ideally it would be. So when I turn the wheel with my thumb it seems to wobble slightly and grinds a bit against the body. But knowing that just how it is and that I shouldn't worry bout it is a bit more reassuring.
Mine did that at first. It must have been a tiny bit of metal. It was gone after a few days.

May 21, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #992 of 999
Has anyone used a battery monitoring app with this player? All the ones I've tried are reporting a capacity of 3100mAh, but isn't the battery supposed to be 4400mAh?
Screenshot_20240522-193527.png
Screenshot_20240522-193155.png

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #993 of 999
Did you try other amps with the dx300? I remember that the amp12 improved the sound even more, giving it more controll, dynamics, clarity, stage and separation. It was less colored but more like a typical class A sound (well the amp12 is a class A amp). I remember not liking the dx320 with stock amp but the amp12 changed everything for me. The stock amp sounded loose, muddy and sharp at the same time. With the amp12, the overall sound matured a lot and it was very very close to the dx320 but bit warmer.
In your opinion, which of the amps (11mkII - 12 - 14) has a warmer sound?
If I decide to skeep with both DAPs, I want to take the dx300 for the warmest sound possible to oppose the DX260.

May 22, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #995 of 999
In your Amp12 review you wrote:

"While the AMP12 is by no means bright or sharp forward, the AMP11 can be perceived as softer and more relaxed due to the slower overall speed and slightly warmer sound signature."

Which of the two would give me a warmer presentation on the DX300?
I would like fuller bass, but weight in the notes and texture... if possible, slightly thicker vocals to oppose the neutrality and transparency of the DX260.

May 22, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #996 of 999

"While the AMP12 is by no means bright or sharp forward, the AMP11 can be perceived as softer and more relaxed due to the slower overall speed and slightly warmer sound signature."

I would like fuller bass, but weight in the notes and texture... if possible, slightly thicker vocals to oppose the neutrality and transparency of the DX260.
No source will give you this much of colouring, headphones and iems are for that. Most sources sound very similar.

May 22, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #997 of 999

Needs some editing. What I am trying to say is that the AMP12 has a more dynamic and impactful nature so some people, with some headphones, might prefer the slightly more shy AMP11. The AMP12 has more weight in the notes and the textures. Not that thicker but more rounded mid-range. The AMP12 is my favorite when it comes to timbre realism.

May 22, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #998 of 999
Needs some editing. What I am trying to say is that the AMP12 has a more dynamic and impactful nature so some people, with some headphones, might prefer the slightly more shy AMP11. The AMP12 has more weight in the notes and the textures. Not that thicker but more rounded mid-range. The AMP12 is my favorite when it comes to timbre realism.
So, in your opinion, with the amp12, I move a little further away from the similarities that the dx300 has with the dx260?
I'm wanting to keep both, but I wish there was a little more difference in sound between them to justify this.

May 22, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #999 of 999
So, in your opinion, with the amp12, I move a little further away from the similarities that the dx300 has with the dx260?
I'm wanting to keep both, but I wish there was a little more difference in sound between them to justify this.
Yes,, just a little bit. For what it counts, I find the DX260 a step up in transparency, clarity , separation and definition when compared to the DX300 despite it being the former flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back