Dealbreaker: True open source Android or at least M3U compatibility
May 10, 2024 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ozzynichols

New Head-Fier
Although blasphemy to some, sound quality and sound signature are not at the top of my list for choosing a DAP. Hardware (button/knob and jack location), software and sufficient power are. I have an iBasso DX160, DX170 and a new Hiby R6III. My music library is Media Monkey and I have put a lot of time into my playlists which is my primary method of navigating songs so much to the point that if a DAP can't read them I'm very discouraged from using it. I export my M3U playlist files from Media Monkey and upload them to my DAPs but they read the files as containing zero songs. I purchased the R6III primarily because it has open source Android. I downloaded Media Monkey Pro from the Google Playstore and my entire music library syncs fine over my wifi server but the app wont play song on my DAP.

It seems I have only three possible solutions: The first is to manually change the file path for each song in each playlist to suit each individual DAP. The second is to recreate each playlist in each DAP via touchscreen. These two options are massively tedious and time consuming, especially when done on a touchscreen. The third option is to sell my DAPs and resort to a wireless DAC/Amp. My only viable options that provide full external audio controls and sufficient amplifier power seem to be the Fiio Q15 and the Dethonray Pegasus SG1. The Fiio BTR7 seems nice but I'm skeptical about the power output and ability to work with single button audio selection.

I've searched the forum and seen a few post with similar issues but nothing specific enough to my problem to prevent me from creating a new post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back