Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 22, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #18,886 of 18,893
Am I the only one who has this message, since a few days ago, whenever I try to update the firmware in Gofigure?

And would it be possible that my inability to find my sd card on 8Player and Mconnect, while it appears on Rigelian, would be related to the fact that I cannot make an update since 3.2.0 (the firmware that there is on the Poly since I received it last week). Any link too with the fact that I can't find Qobuz on Rigelian (I have to use Mconnect for Qobuz, then Rigelian to play music from SD Card) and both playback very laggy when it comes to changing tracks?

I have 7 days left before I decide to keep it or not...
I'm having the same. This is a new error for me as compared to a couple days ago though. Before I would be allowed to attempt the firmware update and it would have this same popup but would say "Device Disconnected". I'm on 3.0.0.

May 22, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #18,888 of 18,893
I just got my new Poly from Moon Audio and had no trouble setting it up. However checking for firmware update did not work (msg says no servers available). For what is worth it came with 3.2.4 installed.
Listening to Apple Music dowloaded 192 Khz hires album now but it's only playing at CD resolution via Poly (it does play at full resolution when using USB-c cable from phone to Mojo 2). From what I read this is expected but still wanted to check here - Apple Music can't play higher than CD resolution via Poly?

May 22, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #18,889 of 18,893
I just got my new Poly from Moon Audio and had no trouble setting it up. However checking for firmware update did not work (msg says no servers available). For what is worth it came with 3.2.4 installed.
Listening to Apple Music dowloaded 192 Khz hires album now but it's only playing at CD resolution via Poly (it does play at full resolution when using USB-c cable from phone to Mojo 2). From what I read this is expected but still wanted to check here - Apple Music can't play higher than CD resolution via Poly?

That's the limit for Airplay (max 16/44.1) - not just for Poly.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #18,890 of 18,893
That's the limit for Airplay (max 16/44.1) - not just for Poly.

Thanks for confirming. Even though everything is working fine with Airplay I tried Poly in hot spot MPD mode and that is on another level of amazing - full resolution with simple playback of files/folders from 1.5TB SD card which pretty much holds my full library is definitely the way to go for best possible sound out of this rig. Both MPD and MaximumMPD ios apps work fine as far as I'm concerned.

May 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #18,891 of 18,893
Is it normal that outside, in hotspot mode, with iPhone connected to Poly via Bluetooth, nothing appear in 8player, Mconnect and Rigelian? I can’t even play music from SD Card.
Even at home with WiFi SD Card doesn’t appear on those apps (except Rigelian).

And is it normal that I can’t connect to Poly which appear in my IPhone wifi network? It seems that it’s trying to connect endlessly.

It’s a real pain to set up.

I’m sorry to bother you with that, I must be the hundred person who ask for these basics. I’m leaving for a week trip tomorrow and I’d like to be able to listen to music… 800€ ouch!

Attachments

• IMG_3627.png
    IMG_3627.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #18,892 of 18,893
Is it normal that outside, in hotspot mode, with iPhone connected to Poly via Bluetooth, nothing appear in 8player, Mconnect and Rigelian? I can’t even play music from SD Card.
Even at home with WiFi SD Card doesn’t appear on those apps (except Rigelian).

And is it normal that I can’t connect to Poly which appear in my IPhone wifi network? It seems that it’s trying to connect endlessly.

It’s a real pain to set up.

I’m sorry to bother you with that, I must be the hundred person who ask for these basics. I’m leaving for a week trip tomorrow and I’d like to be able to listen to music… 800€ ouch!
My understaning is that you would want to connect your phone to Poly (in Poly hotspot mode) by connecting to Poly's wifi network (not via bluetooth). Regarding your other question are both Poly and iphone on the same 2.4Ghz network? If not (ie phone is on 5Ghz) then it won't work.

May 23, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #18,893 of 18,893
My understaning is that you would want to connect your phone to Poly (in Poly hotspot mode) by connecting to Poly's wifi network (not via bluetooth). Regarding your other question are both Poly and iphone on the same 2.4Ghz network? If not (ie phone is on 5Ghz) then it won't work.
Also, maybe try MPD and MaximumMPD apps to access SD card (instead of 8player and mconnect - I could not get those to work either). But MPD and MaximumMPD both work for me and I don't feel like I need to pay for Rigelian even though I'm sure it's probably nice with additional features since a lot of people in this thread seam to like it. In my opinion the biggest upgrade Poly could get would be for Apple to release Airplay for higher resolutions (i.e. up to 192Khz would be awesome). They I would just use Apple music for everything and not have to mess around with different modes etc (except when traveling when there is no wifi it is awesome to be able to play via MPD from SD card).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back