Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 20, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #6,466 of 6,476
Eternal overtime will do that. :)
To me it's like with dating ... at some point, you just can't be bothered to look for anything better 🤣 it will be too costly, too impractical, and you already have something that ticks most boxes :>

May 20, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #6,467 of 6,476
To me it's like with dating ... at some point, you just can't be bothered to look for anything better 🤣 it will be too costly, too impractical, and you already have something that ticks most boxes :>
That’s why I never visited something like CanJam, but bought gear after reading reviews and forums.
Then, you can do inexpensive modifications e.g. caps, changing firmware and so on:)

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #6,469 of 6,476
They do not have Sylvania 22de4 tubes, only GE and Philips.

Jeff.
I haven't seen any impressions of a Philips 22de4. That might be an interesting one to check out! Did they run out of Westinghouse and Raytheon?

May 20, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #6,470 of 6,476
Anyone in the U.S. looking for a HA300MK2 should check the classifieds. I just listed mine with extras for a steal of a deal.

PM me if interested. :grin:
Whoever bought your combo had one hell of deal

with the WE300b that price is insane, and congrats on the sale. Hopefully we'll meet on some other amp again someday :)

May 20, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #6,471 of 6,476
Philips is Sylvania, the name changed when Philips bought them but it's the same factory.

May 20, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #6,472 of 6,476
Japanese Grey Plates are really showing off what they offer to the power supply. More extension at both ends. More snappy dynamics, transients while still remaining within the trademarks we love in tubes. Amazing 3-D hall like space and separation with beautiful haunting reverb when the track calls for it.

Overall I'd say that the Japanese 22DE4s allow for the MKII to run full throttle and show what a well made and well designed amp can do when you highlight the legendary 300B tube.

I'd argue this upgrade is just as significant(maybe more) than the Elrog ER300B-Mo upgrade.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #6,473 of 6,476
Japanese Grey Plates are really showing off what they offer to the power supply. More extension at both ends. More snappy dynamics, transients while still remaining within the trademarks we love in tubes. Amazing 3-D hall like space and separation with beautiful haunting reverb when the track calls for it.

Overall I'd say that the Japanese 22DE4s allow for the MKII to run full throttle and show what a well made and well designed amp can do when you highlight the legendary 300B tube.

I'd argue this upgrade is just as significant(maybe more) than the Elrog ER300B-Mo upgrade.
Yes, they are very fine tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back