Cayin HA-2A, Compact Tube Headphone Amplifier
May 22, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #136 of 136
I would be hesitant. According to users on the ha3a thread (which has more power than the ha2a) receptions have been mixed with the ha3a and susvara pairings, while ha6a (more power than 3a) and susvara pairing have seen more positive reviews on the ha6a thread (I've scoured all pages on both threads while researching the amps). The ha3a has an insane amount of power (I never go beyond 9:30 with zmf headphones and audeze lcd2) so I can see how some susvara users have been satisfied with the 3a. But seeing as how some users are also unsatisfied with the 3a, I would think that the 2a having even less power than the 3a, would drive them not too well.
Actually the 2A is more powerful than the 3A. For the headphones you tested: lcd2 are really easy to drive and most Zmf headphones are high impedance and tube amp grow in power delivery as the impedance of the headphones goes up. So both of the headphones you mentioned will be really easy to drive for the 3A or 2A, susvara on the other hand are in another league in terms of power requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back