Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
May 7, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #4,788 of 4,790
Which pads are the best for classical music? Beyerdynamic balanced, analytical or Dekoni (which one in the Dekoni's range?)?
I preferred the Analytical for classical and acoustic music. Balanced for rock or big badaboom tunes. On acoustic instruments the boosted upper bass of the Balanced pads sounds unnaturally unbalanced.

I'm now using Dekoni Velour with a foam backing ring similar to the Analytical pads to cover some of the venting. The Dekoni Velour tames the 8k peak a bit, but have slightly warmer low mids and far more comfortable than the Analytical pads. The Goldilocks option for me.

May 7, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #4,789 of 4,790
I preferred the Analytical for classical and acoustic music. Balanced for rock or big badaboom tunes. On acoustic instruments the boosted upper bass of the Balanced pads sounds unnaturally unbalanced.

I'm now using Dekoni Velour with a foam backing ring similar to the Analytical pads to cover some of the venting. The Dekoni Velour tames the 8k peak a bit, but have slightly warmer low mids and far more comfortable than the Analytical pads. The Goldilocks option for me.
Agreed, I use the Velours on my set too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back