ZMF Caldera - New Planar Magnetic from ZMF!
May 4, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #7,096 of 7,101
Just decided the take the mantle off my caldera since it was taming the treble too much for my taste while smoothing out the sparkle and air from the top end. After going through the last 7-10 pages of this thread, i slapped on a pair of caldera thicks and now I cant take the hp off my ears LOL. The bass is sublime and the top end sounds like a typical ZMF house sound with top end magic for days. The bass is so smooth and punchy that I would say this combination gives my bass king LCD-4 a run for its money. Really happy with the switch
Yet another convert. :)

May 4, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #7,097 of 7,101
May 4, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #7,099 of 7,101
I also prefer the thick pads to the stock.

May 4, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #7,100 of 7,101
No, we bow to the Caldera with thick pads and Zach, the creator. :)
What I couldn't foresee when buying the Caldera was that, it made me like and appreciate music genres that I otherwise wasn't planning on listening. This headphone's versatility and ability to dig out musical ores sorting them into jewels makes me want to explore all kinds of music on the planet. I mean, I am listening to reggae for God's sake which is unheard of for me.

May 4, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #7,101 of 7,101
Just decided the take the mantle mesh off my caldera since it was taming the treble too much for my taste while smoothing out the sparkle and air from the top end. After going through the last 7-10 pages of this thread, i slapped on a pair of caldera thicks and now I cant take the hp off my ears LOL. The bass is sublime and the top end sounds like a typical ZMF house sound with top end magic for days. The bass is so smooth and punchy that I would say this combination gives my bass king LCD-4 a run for its money. Really happy with the switch

No, we bow to the Caldera with thick pads and Zach, the creator. :)

I also prefer the thick pads to the stock.

Same here, I've been keeping the Thick pads on ever since I picked up a pair from Zach directly at CanJam NYC. Thank goodness he had some on-hand because they work out very well for me too. This morning I had another one of those eye-opening moments with the Caldera Open.
On this Blood Orange track the sub-bass drops so sweetly at 0:31. I had not listened to this track in a while and was like "Whoa that's nice!"

Here's a live perfomance. Dev Hynes also known as Lightspeed Champion is an amazing artist and guitarist:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back