ZMF Atrium Closed
May 28, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #3,196 of 3,200
I should do that, especially now there's more viable pad options for the AC. At launch there were just a handful of pads that worked really well with the AC, but supposedly that's changed with the introduction of the Bokeh pads.

I think there are 4 'viable' pads now: Caldera Thin, Caldera Suede, Bokeh Suede, and Auteur Hybrids if I'm not mistaken? The first 3 are usually most discussed.

May 28, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #3,197 of 3,200
I think there are 4 'viable' pads now: Caldera Thin, Caldera Suede, Bokeh Suede, and Auteur Hybrids if I'm not mistaken? The first 3 are usually most discussed.
The only one you missed was the Auteur Suede (Solid). I think that is discussed a bit more than the Auteur Hybrid (Solid).

Not sure if they’ve been tried yet on the AC, but some of the Caldera Closed pads might work well on the AC. I’ll be interested to read some impressions from the folks that experiment with these new pads.

May 28, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #3,198 of 3,200
The only one you missed was the Auteur Suede (Solid). I think that is discussed a bit more than the Auteur Hybrid (Solid).

Not sure if they’ve been tried yet on the AC, but some of the Caldera Closed pads might work well on the AC. I’ll be interested to read some impressions from the folks that experiment with these new pads.
Eikon Suedes are very similar to the Auteur Suede, but even more intimate.

I was thinking the same thing about the CC pads.

May 28, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #3,199 of 3,200
Seems like i've been in "review" mode for a month or so, testing new gear and setups at home and work. I've been craving the familiar, so today I brought my V8 OTL to work to pair with my AC. Talk about homecoming. Give me tubes and the AC and let me die a happy man. I cannot emphasize enough how fun these headphones are to listen to. And how good they sound on a good tube amp. I'm running the stock Caldera lambskin pads again instead of the Auteur solid suede, I just love how good the bass response is with the stock lamb pads. And now that my unit has hundreds of hours on it it has opened up quite a bit up top. I don't think of it as dark anymore. I hope when I die I'll have these on, then I know for sure I'll die with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart. Now I have to try and work... :frowning2:

May 28, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #3,200 of 3,200
Seems like i've been in "review" mode for a month or so, testing new gear and setups at home and work. I've been craving the familiar, so today I brought my V8 OTL to work to pair with my AC. Talk about homecoming. Give me tubes and the AC and let me die a happy man. I cannot emphasize enough how fun these headphones are to listen to. And how good they sound on a good tube amp. I'm running the stock Caldera lambskin pads again instead of the Auteur solid suede, I just love how good the bass response is with the stock lamb pads. And now that my unit has hundreds of hours on it it has opened up quite a bit up top. I don't think of it as dark anymore. I hope when I die I'll have these on, then I know for sure I'll die with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart. Now I have to try and work... :frowning2:

With the AC: Turn-on your amp, set the the impedance to high, and off you go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back