Which amp should i get?
Jul 16, 2008 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Speedemonv12

Head-Fier
Hey, I have been looking around for a while for a portable amp under 150us. I cannot seem to find very many, nor tell which one would be right for my cans. I have the Beyerdynamic dt770 pro's 80ohm. Any suggestions?

thought i should add a little bit:
I love trance, house, electro.
Love the bass of the beyer's
also listen to a wide variety of music, but as i said before those are my favorite, and the amp will be used for those types mostly.
I need it to be portable, and will be using it with an iPod Classic 160gb, Macbook Pro, and iPhone.

Edit1: these are the amps that i am looking at:

iBasso
Viewing a thread - Little Dot Micro+ Portable Amp!

What do you guys think would be better for me?

One other question, is it important to get a DAC amp since ill be spending a lot of time using the amp with my computer?

p.s. i also saw these two, are they any good for what i am looking for?
PenguinAmp.com -
PenguinAmp.com -

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 8
My recommendations would be Mini3 or MiniboxE+.
Because you feed the amp with the laptop, you'll need a DAC
smily_headphones1.gif
So, iBasso D2 Boa in this case.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedemonv12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the mini3 and miniboxe+ not DAC amps?

If you can find another $25, iBasso D2 Boa is a great little portable dac/amp combo, great with portable players and laptop or desktop computers. $175

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 8
thanks for the suggestions... seems like the iBasso D2 comes very highly recommended from a lot of people....

Will getting an amp for my DT 770 Pro 80 ohm provide that much of a difference? like will it be night and day?

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 8
used a bithead for sometime. still have it, kids use it now. i always thought it was worth the money. very durable amp. if your really going to use it portable a bithead can get kicked around and be none the worse from it.

i never compared it to anything in this range though so maybe you already ruled it out. it does have two outputs. gain selector and crossfeed which i myself use. it isn't bass shy either.

when i upgraded i stuck with headroom. i think the build is very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back