Venture Electronics Thread
May 8, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #751 of 759
VE SM Gold - Very impressed from the first session.

Same shell as the original VE SM and Asura 3.0 FE, so quite small and ergonomic. Cable look the same as the Asura 3.0 FE without the sleeve under the splitter, in a way better as its more pliable without the sleeve.

For sound impression it is balanced and full sounding with very good midrange clarity, really like female vocals on this one. Not overly bright or shouty, just clear and transparent.

1000039071.jpg

1000039067.jpg

1000039084.jpg
Thank you for the impression. How it is different from Monk A1 and V2S in terms of overall sound?
I personally like A1 than V2S especially running it using the odessey dongle provided with the A1 order.

Is it different from the silver Slim metal available in the VeClan website?

May 8, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #752 of 759
Thank you for the impression. How it is different from Monk A1 and V2S in terms of overall sound?
I personally like A1 than V2S especially running it using the odessey dongle provided with the A1 order.

Is it different from the silver Slim metal available in the VeClan website?
Can try and compare in some days after some burn in, but for now : SM is thinner sounding and lack the clarity and fullness of the SM Gold. They are in different leagues imo.

May 8, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #753 of 759
Can try and compare in some days after some burn in, but for now : SM is thinner sounding and lack the clarity and fullness of the SM Gold. They are in different leagues imo.
Thanks, no rush:)
by the way how can SM gold be ordered. is it for VE prime members only?
And how much it costs?
Sorry for asking so many questions at once :)

May 8, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #754 of 759
Thanks, no rush:)
by the way how can SM gold be ordered. is it for VE prime members only?
And how much it costs?
Sorry for asking so many questions at once :)
Only sVIP now, who knows what happens later. Only Lee knows that, but I assume it will be available later for more people.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #755 of 759
This is the response I received from Lee while enquiring on how to become SVIP member to buy SM Gold.

1715181092848.png

May 8, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #756 of 759
This is the response I received from Lee while enquiring on how to become SVIP member to buy SM Gold.

I just got the same response. Can't decide if I should push it, since I have purchased 3 items at or above the Zen SL in the past few months. Since I don't know what the Gold SM costs, it might be rude to be granted access only to say Nah. :)

May 8, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #757 of 759
I just got the same response. Can't decide if I should push it, since I have purchased 3 items at or above the Zen SL in the past few months. Since I don't know what the Gold SM costs, it might be rude to be granted access only to say Nah. :)
I respect VE for producing dirt cheap quality earbuds as well as high end audiophile grade products too. But, in my opinion a company should not restrict access to its product to a certain group of buyer only. Product should be available to all. You can provide a preferential discount or price based on elite membership though. Why to force to buy certain products to become SVIP member.

May 8, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #758 of 759
I respect VE for producing dirt cheap quality earbuds as well as high end audiophile grade products too. But, in my opinion a company should not restrict access to its product to a certain group of buyer only. Product should be available to all. You can provide a preferential discount or price based on elite membership though. Why to force to buy certain products to become SVIP member.

They want to make it worth their while to produce these more niche lines. They also don't prioritise the Western market with their flagships these days as most of their cash flow is from China and Lee is quite happy with that status quo. The market demand is there for these obscure and expensive buds, not here.

How I wish that were not the case though...

May 8, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #759 of 759
Cumulative total over the cost of the Zen SL should count. I'd be at least double that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back